Dental Implants in US-Mexico Border Areas
Dental implants are a solution to missing teeth. They replicate natural teeth and have a high success rate of 98.7%. Wiley Online Library
Risk factors associated with early and late implant loss
“Permanent implants maintain proper chewing…”
View in Article
But not everybody can afford dental implants, not when they usually cost quite a lot. Thankfully, dental implants in US-Mexico border areas offer you a more affordable option.
With a number of people without dental insurance in the US and the availability of low cost and high-quality dental work across Mexican cities, dental tourism in Mexico is on the upswing.
Are Dental Implants Better than Dentures?
|Cleaning||Like natural teeth||Removed for cleaning|
|Price||Expensive but cheaper long-term||Cheaper|
|Bone-Loss||Preserve bone quality American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
About Dental Implants
“Permanent implants maintain proper chewing…”
View in Article
|Degrade bone quality|
|Longevity||Can last a lifetime||Relined every few years|
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implant systems are made to replicate natural teeth. The illustration below shows how “implant + crown” mimic natural teeth.
A titanium post/implant is inserted in your bone to replace the root of teeth. A crown/bridge/denture is the visible part of the system, which looks exactly like natural teeth.
Types of Dental Implant Procedures
Single Teeth Replacement
One implant unit is used to replace a single missing tooth.
Several Teeth Replacement
At least two implants are placed to support a dental bridge and replace several missing teeth.
Full Mouth Restoration
Implant systems like All-on-4, All-on-6, All-on-8 can replace the lower or upper arch. Depending on your case, 4, 6 or 8 implants are inserted in your jaw on top of which a permanent denture is fitted.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Mexico Border?
Mexico attracts dental tourists, particularly for low-cost dental implants. The average cost of a single dental implant in Mexico border cities is about $750. When with the crown and abutment, the implant will cost you around $1,220.
Cost of Single Unit Implant Mexican Border Cities
|Mexican City||Nearest US Border & Distance||Single Implant Cost|
|Los Algodones||Yuma, AZ; 11 mi||$750|
|Tijuana||San Diego, CA; 20 mi||$795|
|Mexicali||Calexico, CA; 6 mi||$600|
Cost of Different Dental Implant Procedures
|Dental Implant Procedure||USA Cost||Mexico Cost*|
|Single Tooth Implant Only||$2,790||$750|
|Implant and Crown + Abutment||$4,930||$1,220|
*Contact us for latest prices
All-on-4, All-on-6, and All-on-8 treatments cost more but are ideal if you have most teeth missing. Read more about full mouth restoration procedures in Mexico.
Getting Dental Implants in Los Algodones, Mexico
- Los Algodones lies near the borders of Arizona and California. So, if you’re from those areas, it’s the best place to go to for cheap dental implants.
- The pleasant climate of Los Algodones attracts the elderly from various states in the US. In fact, if you consider yourself among those of age, you can get dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico, as long as your doctor back home sanctions travel.
Watch the review of full mouth dental implants in Los Algodones.
Getting Dental Implants in Cancun
- Our associate dental clinic in Cancun has an on-site dental lab, which allows lab tests done quickly.
- They have bilingual staff that speaks both English and Spanish.
- The clinic is a member of Global Clinic Rating (GCR), American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), and American Dental Association (ADA).
Watch the client review of our dental clinic in Cancun
Getting Dental Implants in Mexicali
- Mexicali is just 20 minute drive (5.7 miles) from Calexico, California.
- The clinic is a member of American Dental Association (ADA) and has a successful track record of 40 years.
- Patients get world-class equipment like 3M ESPE Lava™, Zirkonzahn Milling Machine, and Intraoral X-Ray Sensor Digital System.
Getting Dental Implants in Tijuana
- Tijuana is one of the most famous and visited border cities in the globe. Expect people who can speak English, so you don’t have to worry much about language barriers.
- You can get dental implants in Tijuana Mexico from some of the best doctors in the country who trained in developed nations.
- Getting dental implants and crowns in Tijuana can help cut down travel time and costs, especially for the Californians as Tijuana is a mere 17 miles from San Diego, CA.
Dental Implants in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua
- Ciudad Juarez is located very close to El Paso, Texas and it is quite convenient to reach by road.
- Dental Implants in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico are available at low prices and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The El Paso international airport is less than 10 miles away from Ciudad Juarez.
- By getting dental implants in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, you would be able to save 20-80 percent on your dental bills.
- Medical Tourism Co. works with reputed hospitals located close to the US border in Juarez.
Why Get Dental Implants in US-Mexico Border
- Dental implants in Mexico are less expensive. You can save up to 70%.
- In Mexico, you can have your appointment fixed within a few days. Whereas, in the States, the waiting time can be weeks long.
- Some dentists in Mexico offer a warranty on their dental work, valid for 2 – 5 years. This is a rare practice in the US or Canada.
- The clinics we associate with meet international quality standards.
- Our associate clinics adhere to sterilization practices and have a dedicated on-site sterilization room.
- Our clinics regularly treat patients from the US and Canada. The dentists and staff speak both English and Spanish. We can also arrange an interpreter as per your needs.
Tips for Dental Tourists
- Before you come to Mexico, it’s important to confirm whether they provide follow-up care.
- Make sure you have the number of your country’s embassy in Mexico.
- Avoid carrying too much cash or jewelry.
- It is recommended to stay for a few days after the surgery to get good care post-surgery.
Dental implants in US-Mexico border areas can be the most affordable way not only to get your teeth back but also your confidence. No need to wear uncomfortable, noisy dentures that have the tendency to slip out of your mouth and embarrass you when you can actually afford a new set of teeth.