Going to Costa Rica for dental implants may be an affordable way to fix up your smile for good. Dental implants are attached directly to the bone, which means the dentures and crowns snapped onto them won’t slip. It is cheap, fast, and a great opportunity to experience a new country and culture.
Edentulism, or the state of lacking one or more teeth, is on the rise in the United States. According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), 69% of adults from the ages of 35 to 44 are edentulous. Unfortunately, the fee charged to treat such problems is on the rise, as well. However, it’s possible to get cheap teeth implants in Costa Rica and save a bundle on your new smile.
Why Travel for Dental Implants
The low cost of dental implants abroad is the primary reason why people seek dental work outside the United States, and the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica is quite attractive. In fact, with the super low teeth implant prices in San Jose, you can expect to save up to 70% compared to getting implants in your local dentist’s office.
And this doesn’t involve sacrificing quality for a lower bill. Dental tourism in CR is popular and the country has an excellent dental infrastructure.
- Our network dentists in the country are accustomed to treating foreign patients. Many of them have education and/or work experience in the U.S. and Canada.
- Many dentists in our network also speak fluent English. They can comfortably converse with you and will have no problems explaining all aspects of your procedure.
- And those dentists work in the most advanced dental clinics, which boast of state-of-the-art technologies and amenities like in-house laboratories that cut down wait times for receiving new crowns and other prostheses.
- U.S. and Canadian citizens are not required to get a visa when they come to get false teeth pegs in Costa Rica, as the country doesn’t require one for stays of three months or less. Don’t worry, it won’t take near this long.
- Many people also come down to Central America for cosmetic dentistry, which includes procedures like whitening, gum depigmentation, crown lengthening, and others.
Getting to Costa Rica shouldn’t be any problem as many top airlines offer direct or one-stop flights to San Jose.
Here’s a list of approximate airfares from different US cities for a return trip:
Los Angeles – $550-650
Chicago – $535-$690
New York – $490-$630
Houston – $590-$750
Miami – $500-$600
The map below shows the average flight times.
How much will it Cost?
How much you save will depend on the type of care you need, but you can expect to save thousands of dollars.
The average dental implant prices in Costa Rica start as low as $650. While you are there, you may choose to get other dental treatments as well.
Here is a list of price differences–compared with the average U.S. prices:
|Full Mouth Restoration||$30,000||From $19,450|
|Smile Makeover||$24,000||From $9,650|
|Porcelain Veneers (6 teeth)||$9,000||$2,640|
Ultimately, how much you spend and save will depend on your specific dental care needs.
*To know the exact price of the dental work you require, fill-out the estimate request form on the right.
Dental Clinics in San Jose
The majority of the country’s dental clinics are concentrated in the country’s capital city, San Jose. Our network of associated clinics includes only the city’s best clinics and top-notch dental professionals.
It comes highly recommended by foreign patients for a number of reasons:
- Founded in 1999 – more than a decade of experience providing quality dental care
- Over 6,000 square feet of modern, high tech dental facilities, including an in-house lab and an International Patient Center
- 8 operating rooms
- 6 permanent general dentists and 4 on-call specialists and surgeons
- 12 highly skilled dental assistants
- 12 expert dental lab technicians
- Bilingual dental staff
- Personalized transportation and concierge services
The dentists there are highly experienced and are associated with organizations as:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica (CCDCA) – Association of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica
- PROMED – A nonprofit organization that assures the quality of healthcare in Costa Rica
Is it safe?
You need not constantly worry about your safety when in Costa Rica for dental implants.
Just take a few precautions, and you should have a safe, stress-free trip. Here are a few safety tips to consider following during your stay:
- Do not wear flashy clothes or jewelry; you don’t want to make yourself an eye-catching, easy target.
- Store your valuables – including originals of your travel documents, like your passport – in the hotel’s safe.
- Make photocopies of your passport and other documents to carry on your person.
- Do not carry around large amounts of cash and only take your credit and debit cards out if you intend to use them. Keep them in the safe otherwise.
- Consider getting a money belt that straps on under your clothes for cash and cards.
- Do not drink to excess or use illegal drugs.
Make the most of your Dental Vacation in CR
After you have found the perfect dental implant doctor in Costa Rica, it’s time to start planning your trip.
- This country is a tropical paradise where you can be sure that you will have an unforgettable vacation of a lifetime.
- It is a land rich in biodiversity that boasts a wide variety of ecosystems. From towering mountainous cloud forests to thickly jungled tropical lowlands to world class beaches, the country is a mélange of varied habitats.
- This ecological range has made it a leader in ecotourism. Here, it’s possible to go zip-lining in the rainforest canopy, take a jungle trek, and visit world class wildlife reserves and bird sanctuaries. If you love being outdoors, you’ll love it here.
- You can also see both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Tthey’re just a short drive from each other.
- It is the perfect chance to experience a rich, vibrant, and friendly culture. A common expression here is Pura Vida, or Pure Life. It is an expression that represents the life embracing and enjoying aspect of Costa Rican culture.
So if you are ready to fix up your smile for a small price, you now know where to go. You’ll go home with the perfect smile to show your friends and family how much fun you had on your vacation.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable dental implants in Costa Rica. Fill out the estimate request form on our site for more information and a FREE quote.