With rising obesity rates, bariatric procedures such as lap band surgery have become the current buzzwords. Their high costs in the US and Canada, however, are a major deterring factor for many. But there is a solution – lap band in Puerto Vallarta, a popular beach destination in Mexico. By choosing PVR (as the city is popularly known) for your surgery, you can expect to save almost 70% off the American prices.
Read on to know how much lap band surgery will cost, and other details in this post.
Cost of Lap Band Surgery
We offer attractive gastric band packages for Puerto Vallarta costing about$6,000. To learn more on package details and the latest prices, we suggest you fill our online estimate form.
Compare this to the average prices for lap banding charged in the United States – $20,000, or even more!
Hospital in Vallarta Where Your Surgery Will Be Performed
Your lap band surgery will be performed in one of the leading hospitals here. This hospital has a successful track record of providing quality patient care since 1982. The hospital features:
- Intensive Care Unit and a 24-hour emergency room
- Electricity back-up
- Special air and water purification system
- Availability of board certified English-speaking doctors on a 24-hour basis
- Well-appointed patient rooms with FREE Wi-Fi Internet access
The hospital is only a short drive from the airport (Code: PVR) serving the city. We will provide you free pick-up from the airport to the hotel/hospital.
Lap Band Surgeon Who Will Perform Your Surgery
Medical Tourism Corporation works with one of the leading bariatric surgeons in the resort city. He has trained and gained experience from Mexico, the United States, Spain, Argentina and Brazil. His credentials in brief are as follows:
- Advanced Weight Loss Surgery Course from the XIII World Congress IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) held in 2008 in Argentina
- Lap Band Course from Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio in 2008
- Served as Faculty in Minimally Invasive Surgery Course at Medical Canter, Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain in 2006
- Private practice in bariatric procedures and general surgeries such as hernia repair and gall bladder removal in PVR and Guadalajara from May 2006
Click here to learn more on the doctor’s profile.
Why Choose Us?
Our job at Medical Tourism Corporation will be to facilitate the weight loss surgery you want at a greatly reduced price and that you receive the high quality care you expect, and we’ll be glad to discuss your options of having lap band surgery in Puerto Vallarta with you in more detail at your convenience! Besides this, we also offer:
- Complimentary ground transportation
- Hotel stay at special discounted tariffs (Hotel Vamar/ Hotel Casa Marriot/ Golden Crown Paradise (contact us for more details)
- Full travel assistance (including booking air-tickets; please note our packages do not include airfare)
Patient Review of Gastric Band Surgery with MTC
Read more on a patient review of lap band surgery in Puerto Vallarta by Kelly Morehead, a resident of Looneyville, West Virginia by clicking on the hyperlink.
You can watch numerous patient testimonials and feedback videos in the “Testimonial” section of our website.
A Brief Guide to Gastric Banding
- Gastric or lap band surgery is based on the principle of reducing the capacity of the stomach to hold food.
- This is achieved by winding a donut-like device, called lap band, made from silicone around the upper part of the stomach, which divides it into two pouches of unequal sizes.
- The upper pouch is much smaller than the lower pouch.
- The band is connected to a port which is embedded in the patient’s skin.
- This port is used to either inject or remove saline solution to tighten or loosen the band around the stomach, depending on the patient’s weight loss requirements.
- Some alternative names for lap band are Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and LAGB.
What Puerto Vallarta Offers as a Destination for Lap Band
Traveling to Mexico for affordable gastric banding comes with a lot of benefits, some of which are:
- Massive savings
- Ease in getting there – PVR has its own international airport
- Culturally not very different from America
- Not much of trouble in scheduling surgery, thanks to no waiting lists
Other Things to Do
The resort city is known for its authentic Mexican charm and breathtaking views where ocean waters meet cliffs. The renowned Banderas Bay is framed by beautiful mountains of the Sierra Madre. The combination of mountains and ocean also sets the stage for some internationally-famous golf courses and other outdoor activities. The architecture of this popular coastal city—once a simple fishing village–and a variety of activities it offers have earned it the sobriquet “The Soul of Mexico.” Vallarta invites tourism with its family friendliness, sandy beaches, fresh cuisine, endless shopping, and a fun nightlife.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on lap band in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.