Low Cost All Inclusive Gastric Lap Band Specials from ~ $5,250
Cash, Cashier’s Checks, Traveler’s Checks, PayPal, Credit Card, and Wire Transfer accepted
[Tijuana, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Guadalajara]
Get Quotes from Top Mexican Surgeons
Lap band surgery involves restricting gastric space by winding a band-like silicone device around the upper portion of the stomach. The procedure can cost quite a fortune in the West. However, those looking for cheaper surgery abroad can look into Mexico as an option for lap band surgery.
Our attractive Lap Band Packages applicable for Mexico include:
- All medical fees (surgeon, hospital, anesthesiologist, medicines, etc.)
- Courtesy ride from airport & back to hospital/hotel
- Free follow-up care at the hospital (with fees in some cases)
- Credit Cards Acceptance (with service fee in some cases)
- Free tourist Information
- Assistance in finding lap band aftercare (adjustments & fills)
- Free assistance in finding cheap airlines, and travel arrangements.
- Pre-Op testing & dietary counseling sessions are included
Note: Package DOES NOT include airfare.
Easy financing with low monthly payment options is also available.
This page endeavors to tell you about the surgery and why Mexican cities make for value-for-money destinations for this surgery.
Conditions to Qualify for Lap Banding with MTC
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or more (with some exceptions for a lower BMI).
- The doctor will examine the candidate’s medical questionnaire to determine if he/she qualifies for lap band or not.
Your gastric banding would be performed in the leading hospitals in Tijuana, Guadalajara, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. We have enlisted the features of the hospital we work with in Tijuana:
- Conveniently located only 20 miles from the San Diego International Airport
- Bilingual staff
- Direct phone calls to the US
- Well-appointed patient rooms
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Cable TV (English and Spanish)
- Competent personal nursing staff
- 24*7 surveillance systems
- Safety vaults for your valuables
- Access to a pharmacy
- Free pick-up from the San Diego airport
- State-of-the-art recovery houses
- Well stocked kitchen to take care of your nutritional needs
- Night nurses
Competent Surgeons for Your Lap Band Procedure
We have a network of highly competent and experienced weight loss surgeons here to facilitate your gastric banding surgery. Below is an outline of the profile of the lap band surgeon we work with in Cancun:
- Extensive experience in performing weight loss surgeries since 2006
- Good global exposure having been part of academic activities in North and South America and Europe
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery
- Numerous international conferences and congresses attended such as:
- 2011 XVI Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Hamburg, Germany
- 2009 XIV Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Paris, France
- 2005 XIV International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
Read on our other network weight loss surgeons here.
We, at MTC, are proud to tell you that we hold customer satisfaction in high esteem. This can be averred from a number of testimonials of the people whose weight loss journey has been facilitated by us. In one such video onlap band Mexico review, Oklahoma resident Sondra Hall talks about her experience of availing our services.
|” If I had a question, I could just pick up the
phone and make a phone call or
get on to the computer and write a quick email,
and the responses were very quick.” – Sandra Hall, Oklahoma
Why Choose Mexico for Your Gastric Banding?
- With the substantially lower lap band surgery costs in Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta and other major medical tourism destinations in the country, you can save more than 68% over the American prices. Here is an approximate cost comparison:Mexico ~ $5,250
USA: $ 10,800 ~ $ 20,000
- Because of proximity to the United States, major Mexican cities are culturally quite “Americanized”.
- Since doctors we work with are English-speaking, you can rest any apprehensions regarding communication problems.
- Most of the border towns, such as Tijuana and Mexicali, are not very far from American airports. Tijuana, for instance, is just 20 minutes away from the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN).
- You also get a chance to extend your trip to get lap band in Mexico into a full-fledged vacation.
A Guide to Lap Band WLS
- Alternative names for the procedure – Laparoscopic gastric banding, LAGB, and gastric banding.
- The procedure involves placing an adjustable band around the upper part of the stomach.
- This helps in making the patient not indulge in overeating after the surgery.
- It is a restrictive kind of surgery as the patient feels fuller after eating relatively smaller quantities of food.
- Post surgery, you will have to take a special diet as recommended by your surgeon.
- For two weeks, your stomach will be able to handle only small amounts of liquids.
- Will be able to transition to solid foods with passage of time.
- You will probably put on nutritional supplements for the rest of your life.
- Some of the common risks of lap band surgery are blockage caused by the band around the stomach, band slippage, problems in the access port (used to inject and withdraw saline solution around the band to either tighten or loosen it), GERD and malnutrition.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable lap band surgery in Mexico. Fill out the free estimate-request form on the right for the latest prices and more information.