Lap band, or gastric banding surgery, helps those people lose excessive pounds who have tried numerous diet and exercise plans, but to no avail. This bariatric procedure involves winding a doughnut-like device called lap band around the upper portion of the stomach to limit the intake of food which facilitates weight loss.
Our package prices for having lap band in the major cities of India are as follows:
As the above mentioned prices are subject to change without any prior notification, we advise you to fill our online quote-form for the latest prices.
Our Packages Include
- Hospital stay (1 day for Bangalore and Delhi; 2 days for Mumbai)
- Pre-surgery investigations
- OT and anesthesia charges
- Surgeon’s fee
- Procedural costs
- Drugs and other related consumables
- 24-hour nursing and medical care
- Food and beverages for the patients and their attendants
- Courtesy pick and drop to the airport
- Visa and passport assistance
- Assistance in booking air-tickets as well as any tourism related activities
And much more!
Average length of hospitalization is about 24 hours.
Who is Eligible for Surgery?
Those who weigh 10-15 kilos (22-33 pounds) more than their ideal weight and have tried dieting and exercising with minimal success make ideal candidates for lap band surgery with Medical Tourism Corporation.
India as a Destination for Gastric Banding
If you choose India for your lap band surgery, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Huge savings over US and UK prices.
- No waiting periods involved, unlike in the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Minimal language barriers as the country’s doctors undergo training in English, hence they are all English-speaking.
- Getting there from Europe, the United States, Canada and Australia is easy.
- The country’s touristy offerings can be explored by medical tourists before their surgery.
State-of-the-art Hospital for Lap Banding
We work with one of the foremost specialty hospital chains in India to facilitate your weight loss surgery. Below is a sneak-peak into the features of a typical center of this hospital:
- 4-5 well equipped operation theaters
- Ultra modern facilities at patient rooms, such as gas lines, monitoring equipment and defibrillators
- Cutting edge diagnostic equipment
- In-house pathological laboratory
- Well stocked pharmacy within the premises
- Emergency ambulance service
- Special dietary needs of patients are strictly taken care of
With its quality care and highly competent staff, the medical facility has garnered a large number of happy and satisfied international patients.
About Lap Band Surgery
- Alternative names for the procedure are laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, LAGB, and laparoscopic gastric banding.
- The surgery is done minimally invasively with just 2-5 incisions made in the abdomen.
- A laparoscope — a tiny camera — is placed in the belly to facilitate the surgery.
- The surgeon will wind a band around the upper portion of the stomach to create a small upper and larger lower pouch.
- The surgery is reversible and involves no stapling or removal of any part of the stomach.
- Surgical time involved is about 30-60 minutes.
- Some of the late postoperative complications are band slippage, erosion and esophageal dilation.
After Your Surgery
- You will be put on liquid or mashed foods for about 15-20 days after your surgery.
- As your diet progresses, you will be able to transition to soft foods.
- You will be able to have regular food about 6 weeks after your surgery.
- Your band may be required to be tightened or loosened, if you have:
- Problems while eating
- Problems losing weight
- Nauseated feeling after eating
India – A Quick Guide
- Visa: You need a visa to enter India.
- Getting there: Codes of the major international airports are as follows:
- New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport – DEL
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai – BOM
- Bengaluru International Airport – BLR
- Best time to visit: October to mid-March
- About the climate: The country experiences warm climate from April to October. It can get quite chilly in the northern part of the country from December to February. The rainy season lasts from late May to September.
- Communication – a cause of worry?: Though Hindi is the lingua franca of the country, English is one of the official languages of the country. Medical staff and people engaged in the tourism industry can communicate in English.
- Dealing with spicy Indian food: If spicy food is not your cup of tea, ask your waiter to cut down the spice levels beforehand.
- Tap water: to drink or not to drink: We suggest that you skimp on tap water and only drink bottled water. If the seal of the bottle is already broken, then do not buy it.
- Stay safe: Be aware of your surroundings and avoid venturing out alone at night. Refrain from giving alms to beggars.
- Quick lessons on Hindi: Memorize or carry a list of the following words and phrases in Hindi to save yourself from hitting language barriers:
- Hello / goodbye – Namaste
- How are you? – Aap kaise hai?
- Help! – Mudud
- Yes – Haa
- No – Nahi
- Sorry – Maaf kijiye
- How much is this? – Kitne ka hai?
- I don’t understand – Nahi samajh aa raha
- Can you speak English? – Kya aap English bolte hai?
Submit the free quote-request form for more information on lap band in India.