For $6,400 and up!
LIMITED TIME SPECIAL – If you choose to have cosmetic surgery within 18 months of your weight loss surgery, you will get a credit of $300 towards a cosmetic surgery procedure worth $5,000 or above applicable for one of our network locations.
Fill in our online estimate-form to help us get back to you with a free quote on the latest prices and specials on gastric bypass in Mexico and also to discuss your case.
Qualifying Conditions for Gastric Bypass with MTC
- Body mass index (BMI) of 35 or more (under exceptional circumstances, candidates with a lower BMI may also qualify).
- Final decision on qualifications would be based on the analysis of the candidate’s medical questionnaire by the doctor.
An Overview of Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric bypass surgery is known by a number of other terms such as Roux-en-Y bypass, Roux-en-Y, RNY and GBP.
- In this procedure, the stomach is divided into two parts – a small upper pouch and a much larger lower pouch.
- The surgery also involves reconnecting the stomach pouches with the small intestine to enable the food to bypass part of the intestine.
- This helps in absorption of fewer calories and hence, leads to weight loss.
- WebMD reports that patients can expect to lose 60% of their excess weight after the surgery.
- Kick the habit of smoking at least a month before your surgery.
- Exercise for 20-30 minutes at least three to five times a week.
- Make sure you restrict yourself to a diet rich in protein and calorie-free liquids for three weeks before your surgery.
- Stop taking aspirin, its related products or any other kind of blood thinner for one week prior to your surgery.
- Consume only liquids (clear broths, tea coffee (without milk), fruit juices without pulp) one day before your surgery.
- Do not drink or eat anything after the midnight preceding your surgery.
Things to Expect After Surgery
- Disappearance of obesity-related problems such as diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea.
- Dependence on nutritional supplements (iron and calcium) to prevent problems such as anemia and osteoporosis.
- Alteration of lifestyle – get used to eating small meals and exercising daily.
About Hospitals in Mexico for Gastric Bypass
To facilitate your low cost gastric bypass surgery in PVR, we work with a leading hospital that has a successful track-record since 1982. Here is an overview of its features and amenities:
- Adult ICU
- Emergency department
- A well-equipped lab within the premises
- Water and air-filters
- English-speaking board doctors at patient’s beck and call 24-7
- Wi-Fi Internet and international calls
The hospital we work with in Cancun for affordable gastric bypass has been providing quality care for more than a quarter of a century. We’ve outlined its features as follows:
- Not very far from the Cancun International Airport (Airport Code: CUN)
- Well-furnished patient suites
- Intensive and intermediate care units
- 24-hour emergency
- 4-D ultrasound and other state-of-the-art technology
Other destinations where we can arrange for Roux-en-y / gastric bypass – Mexicali, Monterrey, Guadalajara and Ciudad Juarez.
Network Bariatric Surgeons
We at MTC believe in offering quality services of American standards. And hence have partnered with a number of leading bariatric surgeons to perform your gastric bypass surgery in Mexico. They have trained in the USA and Europe, and have a wide experience with American and Canadian medical tourists. Below we have enlisted in brief the profile of our the bariatric surgeon we work with in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta.
- Training and experience from Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Argentina and the United States
- Degree in surgery from Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua (2000-2005)
- Diploma in laparoscopic and robotic surgery from Hospital Torre Medica, Mexico DF
- Fellowship in laparoscopic gastric bypass from Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (2006)
- Advanced weight loss surgery course – XIII World Congress of Internacional Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Buenos Aires, Argentina (2008)
- BILA (Bariatric Initiative for Latinoamérica), Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio – lap banding, gastric bypass, and gastric sleeve (2008)
Gratis Pick-up Services
We provide complimentary ground transportation from Yuma, Arizona or San Diego, CA (for Mexicali), and the airports in Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara and Cancun.
As part of our complete discount gastric bypass package, we provide free accommodation at the following hotels:
- Cancun – 1-night stay at B2B Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta – We can arrange for your stay at the following hotels for special tariffs:
- Hotel Casa Marriott
- Golden Crown Paradise
- Hotel Vamar
Why Choose Mexico for Your Roux-en-Y Bypass Surgery?
- Save almost 50-70% over the American prices.
- Costs and time involved in traveling are not very high especially if one opts for a border town, such as Tijuana or Mexicali.
- Ease of travel because major Mexican towns are served by their own international airports.
- The Mexican border towns are not very far from American airports. Take the San Diego airport, for example, which is only about 20 minutes from Tijuana.
Useful Travel Tips
If headed for your gastric bypass to Mexico, these tips may be of help:
- Put your haggling skills to some good use when shopping.
- Mexican food can be really spicy; one can give street food a miss if they have a sensitive stomach.
- Spanish is the most commonly spoken language. Most doctors are well versed in English but the same cannot be said for the locals. So carrying a pocket dictionary could be beneficial.
- Plastic money is widely accepted but you must carry the Mexican currency – Nuevo Peso (N$) – for small purchases; it is available in denominations of 20, 50 and 100.
- It is advisable to avoid driving on your own here as driving rules are different and road signs, being in a different language, could be difficult to read.
- If you do intend to drive here, check with your auto insurance provider in advance.
- The northern part of the country experiences cooler temperatures as compared to the south.
If medical treatments at your native land are beyond your financial means, traveling to Mexico for RNY gastric bypass surgery could be a wise decision.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information.