Where Will Your Surgery Be Done?
We, at Medical Tourism Corporation, work with one of the leading hospital chains in the country to facilitate gastric bypass surgery in the major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. The hospital chain features the following:
- 4-5 well-equipped operation theaters in each of the hospital centers
- State-of-the-art technology in accordance with the international regulatory norms
- Well-equipped patient rooms
- Cutting-edge diagnostic equipment
- Pathological laboratory within the premises
- Pharmacy within the premises stocked with all the critical medicines and other surgical consumables and aids
- Accommodation for patients and their accompanying guests
Who Will Perform Your Surgery?
We value our customers and patient satisfaction is our forte. To continue with the trend of acquiring happy and satisfied clients, we collaborate with only the best of the names in the field bariatric surgery. Below is a snapshot of the illustrious profile of one of the leading bariatric surgeons we work with:
- Pioneer bariatric surgeon of the country – holds the distinction of performing the first gastric bypass surgery (Fobi Pouch) in India
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass training under Dr. Michel Suter, Laussane, Switzerland
- American Society of Bariatric Surgeons, LA, USA – preceptor
- Fellowship of the International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
Click here to view his profile in detail.
What Will Your Gastric Bypass Package Include?
- Visa and passport assistance
- Pre-op tests
- Doctor’s fee
- Anesthesia and OT charges
- Medications and other consumables related to the surgery
- Food and beverages for the patient and her/his attendant
- Courtesy airport pick-up and drop
- 4-day hospital stay
- Assistance in tourism activities, if desired by the medical tourist
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- Gastric bypass surgery, alternatively known as Roux-en-Y bypass, Roux-en-Y, and RNY, is a bariatric surgical procedure that involves reducing the size of the stomach to induce satiety with small quantities of food.
- Also, a large part of the small intestine is bypassed to allow for food and digestive juices to mix up distally.
- This helps delay and reduce the process of absorption of calories and nutrients.
- In Roux-en-Y bypass, part of the stomach is stapled to reduce the gastric space and the small intestine is reshaped into a “Y” and reconnected with the stomach pouch thereby bypassing the jejunum and duodenum.
- A couple of days after your surgery you will be given clear liquids such as broth and juice.
- You will have to stick to pureed or mashed foods for about four weeks after your surgery.
- You will gradually be able transition to solid foods one month after your surgery.
Check here to know the outcomes of gastric bypass surgery.
India – a Brief Travel Guide
- Major international airports:
- New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (code: DEL)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai (code: BOM)
- Bengaluru International Airport (Bangalore) (code: BLR)
- Entry requirements: You need a visa to enter the country.
- Time zone: The country follows the Indian Standard Time (IST), which is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of the Greenwich Meantime (GMT).
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Money matters:
- The official currency of the country is the Indian rupee.
- Rupee bills (notes) come in the denomination of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, and 1,000.
- Coins come in the denomination of 1, 2, 5, and 10.
- Keep coins and bills in small denominations to make petty purchases.
- 24-hour ATMs can be found easily in most of the towns and cities.
- Language tips: Though most of the people in the urban parts of the country are English-speaking, you might hit a language barrier. To overcome one, keep a list of the common phrases and words in Hindi, thelingua franca of the country:
- Hello/Goodbye – Namaste
- Thank you – Dhanyavaad
- Help – Madad
- Sorry – Maaf kijiye
- I am lost! – Main kho gayi (female) / gaya (male) hu
- How much is this? – Yeh kitne ka hai?
- I don’t understand – Nahi samajh aa raha
- Can you speak English? – Kya aap English bolte hai?
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on gastric bypass surgery in India.