Attractive Gastric Bypass Packages for Puerto Vallarta Now Only $7,000(includes one-night hotel stay)
Mini Gastric Bypass Packages ~ $6,500
We would advise you to send us the online estimate-request form so that we can get back to you with the latest prices and specials, and also discuss the details of your weight loss surgery.
As PVR, or Puerto Vallarta, soars high on lists ranking medical tourism destinations across Mexico, many Americans and Canadians are making a beeline for the hospitals in this resort city to undergo bariatric procedures including gastric bypass.
- 2-night hospital stay for mini gastric bypass
- 2-night hospital stay and 1-night hotel stay for gastric bypass
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- Gastric bypass is a bariatric procedure which involves dividing the stomach into a small upper pouch and a bigger lower pouch.
- The small intestine is then re-arranged to connect to both the pouches.
- By doing so, the food eaten bypasses parts of the stomach and the small intestine resulting in absorption of fewer calories.
- Some of the other names of the procedure are RNY, Roux-en-Y, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and GBP.
- Average length of hospital stay is about 2-3 nights.
- To qualify for Roux-en-Y bypass in Mexico with MTC, your Body Mass Index (BMI) needs to be over 35 (with some exceptions for a lower BMI).
- Please note that only the doctor can decide whether a candidate qualifies for gastric bypass or not after examining his/her medical questionnaire.
We also arrange for mini gastric bypass, a less complicated version of a traditional bypass, across major hospitals in Mexico.
About the Hospital
We believe in helping potential medical tourists find medical treatments rivaling those in the USA in terms of quality standards. To facilitate Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in Puerto Vallarta, we work with a leading hospital here which has a successful track-record of serving the region for more than three decades. The hospital is not very far from the international airport and features:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Cutting edge technology in imaging and radiology
- A well-equipped testing and analysis lab within the premises
- A dedicated Emergency Center
- Availability of board-certified doctors fluent in English on a 24-hour basis
- Water purification and uninterrupted power supply systems
- Gratis access to wireless Internet
- Well appointed patient suites
Click here to watch a video on the hospital.
Surgeon for RNY Bypass in PVR We Work With
We work with a highly experienced and well-trained weight loss surgeon who has been pursuing private practice in Vallarta, Jalisco since May 2006. We’ve enlisted his profile in brief as follows:
- Experience and training from South and North American countries (including the United States) and Europe
- Diploma in Laparoscopic Advanced Surgery and Robotic Surgery from Hospital Torre Medica (Mexico DF) in 2005-06
- Bariatric Surgery Courses:
- Advanced Weight Loss Surgery Course from the September 2008 XIII World Congress International Federation of the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Lap. Gastric Bypass and Duodenal Switch from Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon, Spain (January-April 2006)
- Lap Band, Gastric Sleeve and Bypass from Bariatric Initiative of Latinamerica organized at the Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio (November 2008)
- Also has experience in performing hernia repair, gall bladder removal and other general surgeries
Complimentary Pick-up Facility
As part of our low cost gastric bypass packages, we provide free pick-up from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (IATA: PVR).
Discounted Hotel Stay
To make your trip to Puerto Vallarta for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass as smooth as possible, we can also arrange for your stay at the following hotels for special tariffs:
- Hotel Casa Marriot
$75 per day+ 19% tax = $89.25 (room only)
- Golden Crown Paradise
850.00 pesos per person per night, all inclusive (breakfast, food, dinner, snacks, shows,
- Hotel Vamar
Standard Room: 1,050.00 pesos per person (all inclusive)
Standard room: includes breakfast (buffet) and 15% OFF on meals and drinks
$765.00 pesos + 19% tax = $910.00 pesos
$865.00 pesos + 19% tax = $1,029.00 pesos
* Please note that the rates given in Mexican pesos are subject to change depending on the currency exchange rate at the time of payment.
Advantages of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Puerto Vallarta
- Big savings compared to American prices
- Proximity to the United States and good connectivity with regular flights between PVR and major American cities
- Served by its own international airport
- You will find the American culture steeping into PVR’s food, shopping and travel experience
- Schedule your gastric bypass surgery easily without any waiting time
Things to Take Care of After Your Surgery
- Do not lift anything heavy for at least two weeks after your surgery.
- You will have to eat pureed foods for 28-40 days after your surgery.
- After you transition to solid foods, make sure you eat slowly and chew your meals well.
- Eliminate sugary and fatty foods.
- Start following an exercise routine.
Reviews on Our Services
Go through this testimonial on gastric bypass in Vallarta by Lynette Fletcher, a Memphis, Tennessee resident. In this vide, she talks about her experience of availing our services to facilitate her surgery.
You can watch more patient review videos in our Testimonial section.
Fill out the free estimate request form for more information on gastric bypass in Vallarta.