Below is the resume of Dr. Alejandro Chavez Badiola, an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) expert from Mexico. Dr Badiola has extensive international training & experience, including two years in the leading IVF center in UK. In addition to excellent training, Dr Badiola has many publications & conference presentations to his credit. He currently works as the Medical Director of a Fertility Center in Guadalajara, Mexico.
To watch a video interview with Dr Badiola, please click here.
Alejandro Chavez-Badiola – CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages spoken: Spanish, English, Italian and French
- 2005-2007: Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine: The Hewitt Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Liverpool Women’s Hospital; Liverpool, UK
- 2006: Diploma in fertility ultrasonography: The British Fertility Society, UK
- 2006: Diploma in Embryo Transfer: The British Fertility Society, UK
- 2000-2004: Gynaecology and Obstetrics: Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2002: Diploma in Obstetric-Gynecologic Ecography: Ecography levels I and II, Hospital Santa Cristina/ Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
- August 1999-January 2000: Senior House Officer, Hospital San Javier
- 1998-1999: Social Service: Molecular Biology Institute, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara
- 1993-1999: Medical School: Universidad de Guadalajara, Medical Faculty; Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Graduated with honors (Academic Excellence)
- 1997-1998: Internship: Hospital Civil de Guadalajara; Guadalajara, Mexico
- Medical School: Outstanding Academic Performance (90.46/100%).
- Internship: 99.8/100% and honors in New Born’s Unit, Gynecology, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, and Intensive Care Unit rotations.
- March 2001- March 2002: Chief Resident in Obstetrics
- March 2003 to March 2004: Chief Resident in Gynecology
- July 2003 to March 2004: Clinical Records Reviser: Teaching and Research Department, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara ”Fray Antonio Alcalde”
PREVIOUSLY HELD POSITIONS
- 2007-2008: Scientific Coordinator, Clinical Sciences Division, Health Sciences University Center, Universidad de Guadalajara. Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2007-2008: Professor of Gynaecology, Human Reproduction Department, Clinical Sciences Division, Universidad de Guadalajara. Guadalajara, Mexico
- August 2004- June 2005: Gynaecology and Obstetrics. Universidad de Guadalajara Lamar, Medical Faculty
- Pharmacology. Universidad de Guadalajara Lamar, Medical Faculty
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- A. Chavez-Badiola, L.A. Ruvalcaba-Castellon, J.C. Chanona-Flores, M.I. Garcia-Amador, R.M. Martinez-Armas, A.J. Drakeley. Live birth following in-vitro maturation of oocytes and vitrification. Further strategies in fertility preservation. Fertil Steril 2008: 90; S394-S395.
- J. Zhang, A. Chavez-Badiola, L.A. Ruvalcaba-Castellon, W. Peng, L. Chang, S.J. Silber. Successful pregnancies through in vitro fertilization following ovarian tissue transplantation Fertil Steril 2008:90; S81.
- A. Chavez-Badiola, L.A. Ruvalcaba-Castellon, J. Zhang, M.I. Garcia-Amador. Technique safety: oocyte vitrification. Live-births’ long-term follow-up. Fertil Steril 2008:90; S205.
- J. Zhang, A. Chavez-Badiola, W. Peng, L. Chang, L.A. Ruvalcaba-Castellon. Soft ovarian stimulation IVF (Mini-IVF) vs conventional IVF: an economic perspective. Fertil Steril 2008: 90; S213
- Chavez-Badiola A, Drakeley AJ, Finney V, Sajjad Y. Adnexal torsion, a medical complication of in vitro fertilization. Minerva Ginecol. 2007 Aug;59(4):465-8.
- Chavez-Badiola A, Drakeley AJ, Finney V, Sajjad Y, Lewis-Jones DI. Necrospermia, antisperm antibodies, and vasectomy. Fertil Steril. 2008 Mar;89(3):723.e5-7.
- Chavez-Badiola A, Drakeley AJ. Infertility set in context. BMJ. 2007 Feb 17;334(7589):328.
- Chavez-Badiola A. Recruitment trends. BJOG. 2006 Jul;113(7):855.
- Badiola A, Drakeley AJ. Optimising in vitro fertilisation (IVF) outcome in women with endometriosis. Reviews in Gynaecological and Perinatal Practice; 2006 (6); 153-60.
- Textbook on Minimal Stimulation IVF, ongoing editorial work with Dr. Gautam Allahbadia.
- Minimal Stimulation IVF, Book Chapter (Under Revision)
- Guidelines for ovarian tissue, oocyte and sperm cryopreservation. The Mexican Association for Reproductive Medicine (Under revision)
- Cryopreservation of human oocytes and embryos. Book Chapter (Under revision)
PEER REVIEW EXPERIENCE
2007-2008: Peer Reviewer to the British Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Peer Reviewer for the Royal College of Obtetrics and Gynaecology (RCOG), Green Top Guidelines (Endometriosis, Shoulder Dystocia and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
Peer Reviewer for the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RCOG), Scientific Opinion Papers (Reproductive Trends and Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Immunological Testing and Interventions for Reproductive Failure).
MEMBERSHIPS OF INTERNATIONAL SOCIETIES
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Member of the European Society of Gynecology (Societe Europeenne de Gynecologie).
- Member of the British Fertility Society
- Member of the British Andrology Society
- 2001-to date: Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- 2000- 2003: Founding member, editorial member and financial administrator for the ”Hospital Civil de Belen” Journal of Medicine
- Founder of the Gynecology’s Residents’ Journal Club, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, 2002.
- 2000-2001: Co-worker of the ‘Manual of Clinical Protocols in Obstetrics‘ for the Obstetrics Department, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara
- 2003: Co-worker on the ‘Manual of Clinical Protocols in Gynaecology‘ for the Gynaecology Department, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara.
- 2002: General Secretary for the Hospital Civil Residents’ Society
- 2002 to March 2004: Academic coordination, Hospital Civil Residents’ Society
- 2000 to March 2004: Instructor for pre-interns and interns’ – clinical and practical – obstetric and gynecological education
- 1998-1999: Assistant Physician, Organ Transplant Program, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 1996-1997: Intern’s General Academic Coordination for the Research and Teaching Department, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara
MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS
- November 2008: Successful pregnancies through in vitro fertilization following ovarian tissue transplantation. Annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), San Francisco, Ca, USA
- November 2008: Live-births’ long-term follow-up following oocyte cryopreservation with the Cryotop method. Annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), San Francisco, Ca, USA
- November 2008: Soft ovarian stimulation IVF (Mini-IVF) vs conventional IVF: an economic perspective. Annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), San Francisco, Ca, USA
- September 2008: Vitrification of oocytes and embryos with the Cryotop method, four year’s experience. 3rd Greek Scientific Symposium on Assisted Reproduction. Athens, Greece
- August 2008: Oocyte activation and nuclear electrofusion. International PCOS Congress. Goa, India
- August 2008: The ART and Science of Oocyte Cryopreservation. International PCOS Congress. Goa, India
- March 2008: IVM and oocyte vitrification, report on the second live-birth worldwide. 2nd ISMAAR (International Society for Mild Approaches in Assisted Reproduction). London, UK
- January 2008: Four year experience and results. Oocyte vitrification with the Cryotop Method. Annual APART meeting. Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- January 2008: IVM and Oocyte cryopreservation, initial experience and results. Annual APART meeting. Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- November 2007: Results of oocyte cryopreservation with the Cryotop method. 2nd World Congress on Oocyte Cryopreservation. Bologna, Italy
- October 2007: Endometriosis and IVF, medical management. Annual Congress of the European Gynaecology Society. Paris, France
- October 2007: Surgical management of endometriomas in an IVF context. Annual Congress of the European Gynaecology Society. Paris, France
- September 2006: Endometriomas in the IVF setting, how should we manage them? Winter Meeting of the British Fertility Society. Glasgow, UK
- Poster presentation ACOG 52nd Annual Clinical Meeting, May 03 2004, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A (Obstetrics and Gynaecology Green Journal; April Supplement, 103-S)
- 2001 and 2003 : Organizer of the Gynaecology and Obstetrics section at the XI and XIII Cycle of medical Conferences (CICOM) Guadalajara, Mexico.
- 2003: Organizer of the 1st National Cycle of Medical Conferences 2003, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 7-9 July 2004: Emergency Departments’ calls to the Gynaecology Department, 30th British Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Glasgow, UK.
- October 16, 2003: Emergency calls to the Gynaecology Department, District VII annual meeting ACOG, oral presentation (Asheville, NC)
- April 2003: IV World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility, poster presenter (Berlin)
- 2001 to date: Speaker for local, regional and national medical meetings and general public oriented presentations.
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS AND ACADEMIC EXCHANGES
- 2008: New Hope Fertility Center NY. NY, USA. Minimal Stimulation
- 2008: Kato Ladies Clinic. Tokyo, Japan. Minimal Stimulation protocols.
- 2002: Hospital Santa Cristina; Madrid, Spain. Hysteroscopy and Breast clinics.
- 2003: Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Gynaecologic Surgery.
Submit free quote request on right for considering treatment in reproductive health (self IVF, Egg Donor IVF) by Dr. Alejandro Chavez Badiola and other world class human fertility experts.