Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental treatments aimed at improving the aesthetics and appearance of a person’s teeth. These procedures, however, may not necessarily improve the functionality of your teeth.
This post endeavors to educate you on how much cosmetic dentistry would cost here along with the benefits of choosing the Central American country for your treatment.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry encompasses the following procedures:
- Bonding (a process that involves repairing chipped, cracked teeth with a tooth-colored resin)
- Porcelain veneers (or laminates are extremely thin, tooth-colored shells that cover up the surface of chipped, broken teeth to improve their appearance)
- Crowns (dental caps shaped like tooth which completely encircle a tooth or an implant to give back its shape, strength, and functionality)
- Dental whitening (also known as dental bleaching)
- Gum depigmentation (also known as gum bleaching, involves removal of patches from the gum; it also involves lightening of dark gums)
Some of the other procedures that come within the purview of cosmetic dentistry are gingivectomy (excising redundant gingiva from the gumline) and bite reclamation (for rectifying incorrect bite).
Cost of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Our per unit costs for different types of cosmetic dental procedures in Costa Rica are also follows:
- Porcelain veneers (laminates) – US$390
- Noble metal porcelain crown – US$350
- Porcelain-zirconium crown – US$425
- Full porcelain crown – US$425
- Teeth cleaning (polishing) – US$60
- Dental whitening:
- Laser – US$300
- Home kit – US$220
For the latest prices, we recommend that you fill the online quote form.
Payment methods accepted are:
- Credit Card
- Bank Wire
Here is what Ellis Berg, a resident of California, USA, who availed the services of Medical Tourism Corporation for getting implants, crowns and dental bridges in San Jose, had to say about his whole experience:
“… And I had asked the dentist here if they might not be able to do a root canal on that tooth, place a peg [dental implant], and then put a tooth [dental crown] on top of it. My US dentist said no, they couldn’t do it. They had to pull out that tooth, he said.
But I knew it was possible, and I was fighting to get it.
…The Costa Rica dentist said it could be done.
The interesting thing is that he has his dental technicians who make the false teeth, bridges and so forth right there in the same building. And they can expedite the work…They installed them in not more than a week. If you could get that done here in the US faster than that, that’d be interesting, because it is simply not possible here.”
Click here to watch his video testimonial.
Benefits of Choosing Costa Rica for Cosmetic Dental Work
- You save huge amounts – our cosmetic dentistry prices for San Jose are almost 70% lower than the prices charged in the United States.
- You can choose from a number of modern, well-equipped dental clinics.
- Your treatment will be performed by a well-experienced and competent dental professional.
- You can get there easily; the capital of the country, San Jose, is well connected to major American and Canadian cities with its own international airport.
- You get a chance to explore the scenic splendor of the country.
- You can book your surgery on a day easily convenient to you; that’s because waiting lists are almost non-existent here.
Where Will Your Dental Work Be Done?
We work with one of the leading dental clinics here in San Jose which has been providing quality dental care for over 14 years now. The clinic features are as follows:
- Only 11 miles from the Juan Santamaría International Airport
- In-house dental laboratory
- A special customer care wing specifically catering to international patients
- Accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF)
- Recipient of PROMED’s Seal of Quality
- Bilingual dental staff (with some of them also fluent in Italian and Portuguese)
- CAD/CAM dental system
- SCANORA® 3D advanced dental imaging technology
- Dentists affiliated with the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Additional Facilities Offered
As part of customized cosmetic dentistry packages for Costa Rica, patients receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary ground transportation (between the airport, clinic and selected hotels)
- Stay at selected hotels for special tariffs
- Concierge facility
- Special VIP service on arrival at the custom area of the San Jose airport
- Parking lot facility
- Unlimited and gratis access to wireless Internet and phone calls to the US and Canada
- Unlimited lifetime guarantee on dental work
Things to Do Here
A trip for cosmetic dentistry to San Jose can very well be turned into a complete rest and rejuvenation experience. Some of the must-dos are:
- Visit the Catedral Metropolitana, a neoclassical cathedral known for its splendid architecture.
- Take an Arenal Volcano National Park tour; the national park is about 90 km from San Jose.
- Take a hike through the Tenorio Volcano Rainforest and marvel at the distinct blue hues of the Celeste River located in the forest.
- Visit the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and the National Museum.
- Slurp on ice cream cones after your dental work at Plaza de la Cultura in downtown San Jose.
You can enjoy significant savings by traveling to the Central American country for your dental work.
Submit the free quote request form for more information on cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica.