Porcelain Veneers in Cancun – Mexico
Porcelain veneers or dental veneers are very thin shells which are individualized to suit one’s dental build. Veneers are designed to match the natural color of the tooth’s front surface. Considering the high prices for porcelain veneers in countries like the United States and Canada, one always has the option of looking for affordable dentists in Cancun, Mexico.
Porcelain Veneers in Cancun, Mexico are reasonably priced and are high quality. From dental crowns to bridges, all treatments are carried out with utmost care and precision by a team of experienced and well qualified dentists. Our dental clinic is equipped with all the latest technology to provide high quality dental services.
Dental veneers are very useful for:
- People suffering from chipped teeth, cracks or gaps between their teeth
- Mild or severe discoloration
- Minor misalignment
This procedure does not require a lot of preparation time as porcelain veneers are placed on natural teeth with the help of a strong adhesive. Most of the times, there is no need for temporary veneers.
Why Choose to Get Your Dental Work Done in Cancun
- Apart from the amount of money that one ends up saving on dental procedures in Mexico, the destination is very convenient for Americans and Canadians due to its proximity to the said nations.
- Cancun has its own international airport and is easily accessible by air. This Mexican resort city receives thousands of American tourists every year. The people are generally bilingual and that is why language is not a huge problem.
- A trip to Cancun for dental work equals to a dental vacation. Here, you get to combine your dental health necessities with a tropical holiday.
Why Choose Cancun for Porcelain Veneers
Dr. Joaquin Berron and his talented team of dentists at Dentaris dental clinic in Cancun, Mexico make magic happen. With well-deserved and well-earned reputation, the Dentaris team offers affordable dental treatments without compromising on the quality of services.
The clinic in Cancun, Mexico is accredited by the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and a host of other bodies and associations.
- Our dental clinic uses modern facilities and the latest technologies to carry out various dental procedures for porcelain veneers, dental implants, dental bridges, overdentures and so on.
- Monthly influx of North Americans coming to our clinic is in hundreds.
- The clinic is open 6 days a week and there are no waiting lists.
- The clinic has a Master Ceramist that is highly skilled in creating and designing dental fittings specific to the candidate. He has an experience of 25 years.
- One can save a substantial amount of the costs estimated back home in countries like the United States and Canada.
Cost of Porcelain Veneers – Comparison
The price quote for porcelain veneers varies greatly in different countries like Mexico, United States and Canada.
|Country||Cost of Porcelain Veneers|
|United States of America||Traditional porcelain veneers: $925- $2,500
Composite veneers: $250-$1,500
|Canada||On an average: $900- $2,500|
|Mexico (Cancun)||$567 onwards|
*Prices may vary. Please fill the FREE estimate form for a free quote.
What is the Procedure for Porcelain Veneers?
- Assessment Phase: As is for all dental procedures, the first step is to diagnose the issue and plan a comprehensive treatment around it. This is the phase where x-rays and impressions of the candidate’s mouth are taken, if needed. Here the candidate and the dentist also decide if the procedure will require local anesthetics.
- Preparation: While preparing for a veneer, the dentist removes approximately ½ millimeter of the candidate’s enamel from the operation site. The custom dental veneers take 2-3 weeks to make. In the meanwhile, temporary veneers can be placed for teeth, in case they are severely affected.
- Bonding: The custom veneer is placed on the tooth to check for its size and color. When the veneer has been adjusted just right, the receiving tooth is cleaned and polished properly. This process roughens that tooth and also facilitates for a strong bonding process.
Bonding is done with the help of a special cement. To activate the special chemicals in this cement, a special light beam is applied. In the end, all the excess cement is removed and the candidate’s bite is evaluated. Following this, final adjustments, if needed, are made.
A study by Green CC, Sederstrom DA and colleagues states that porcelain veneers bonded to enamel were substantially stronger and more damage-resistant than when the porcelain veneers were bonded to dentin.1
It is advised to follow this procedure with an appointment for a quick check up. Periodic dental visits are always a good thing.
Porcelain Veneers – Pros and Cons
Pros: Porcelain veneers find out the advantages of using porcelain veneers.
- They look natural and make your smile shine.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-proof as they are ceramic in nature. The stains just roll off.
- When properly taken care of, porcelain veneers can last for at least 10 years.2
Cons: Regardless of the advantages, one should consider the following downsides of porcelain veneers as well:
- There is always the possibility of breaking or chipping of the porcelain veneers. In case they do come off, the dentist can reattach them. However, in case the porcelain veneers breaks, the entire procedure has to be repeated.
- This process cannot be reversed because a tiny part of the enamel is removed permanently.
- Porcelain veneers have been known to increase one’s tooth sensitivity. However, this state might be temporary.
According to Chai SY, Bennani V and colleagues, the most common complication in case of porcelain veneers is chipping and the risk of incurring one increases with time.3 That is why, it is important to go for quality treatment.
Cosmetic dentistry in Cancun, including restorative procedures like porcelain veneers are offered at quality packages. Other dental services like dental implants, dental bridges and full mouth restorations are also available.
So, pack your bags and make your reservations for this tropical dental vacation!
For MORE information on Porcelain Veneers in Cancun, Mexico and FREE Pricing, contact us now.
- Ge C, Green CC et al. “Effect of tooth substrate and porcelain thickness on porcelain veneer failure loads in vitro” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry Dec 2017. Accessed March. 2018.
- Colgate “How Long Do Veneers Last?” Accessed March. 2018.
- Chai SY, Bennani V et al. “Incisal Preparation design for ceramic veneers: A Critical Review” Journal of the American Dental Association 2018. Accessed March. 2018.