According to a recent report by Susanna Kim published on the ABC News website on June 8, 2012, the consumer price index for dental services rose 154 percent between 2000 and 2010. With the cost of dental care rising, many patients are traveling for dental crowns and bridges to Cancun and other Mexican cities.
Dental tourism in Mexico is currently on the rise, and like most medical procedures, the cost of dental crowns and bridges in Cancun can be significantly lower than in the United States.
About Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are necessary when a tooth becomes decayed or worn to the point that traditional fillings are no longer an option. They are also used to support dental bridges and implants, or to cover discolored teeth.
Those who choose to receive dental crowns in Cancun will find that Mexico’s dental clinics offer treatment comparable to that in the US, with a range of cosmetic options.
About Dental Bridges
As the name implies, dental bridges are partial dentures which span a gap caused by missing teeth.The prosthetic is permanently fixed in place to implants or healthy adjacent teeth. Like with crowns, various material options exist.
Due to the cost savings and accessibility of quality care in Mexico, getting dental bridges in Cancun is popular with those suffering from tooth loss. Dental bridges abroad cost 40% to 80% less than in the United States.
Metal-free Crowns and Bridges
- Recent advances in material science have led to the popularity of non-metal crowns and bridges, which have a more natural appearance than traditional metal crowns.
- One of the many experts on metal free crowns and bridges in Cancun – Mexico can work with you to decide which material is best for you.
- Zirconia and porcelain both provide a translucent appearance almost indistinguishable from natural teeth. A hybrid technology known as porcelain-fused-to-metal offers the same strength as traditional crowns, though a small dark band may be visible at the gum line.
- Whether you are interested in porcelain or zirconia dental crowns and bridges Cancun – Mexico has many specialists ready to help you.
Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges in Cancun – Mexico
The ease of receiving dental crowns and tooth bridges in Cancun – Mexico is due to the city’s well-developed tourist infrastructure and the country’s healthcare system. Other benefits of cosmetic dentistry in Cancun – Mexico include:
- Mexico’s dentists, many of whom are internationally-trained and speak English fluently
- Facilities which are comparable to the US or Europe
- The unique opportunity to recover in a luxurious tropical setting
- Of course, the most significant advantage is that of dental crowns and bridges prices in Cancun, Mexico which are significantly lower than in the US.
Dental Crowns and Bridges in Cancun – Planning Your Trip
Those interested in dental crown and bridge in Cancun will find many resources online to help plan their trip.This video about dental crowns and bridges in Cancun is a worthwhile place to start. Other things you should know about travel for cosmetic dentistry bridges to Cancun – Mexico include:
- Prices are higher during the peak travel season, which runs from December to March.
- Cancun’s international airport, Mexico’s second largest, offers flights to and from most major US cities.
- Tourist attractions in the area include visiting the ancient Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá and Tulum, swimming in white sand beaches, and exploring the area’s unique sinkholes known as cenotes.
Mexicans tend to place a great deal of importance on politeness and ceremony. While most who work in the tourism industry are accustomed to American manners, a simple hello (hola), thank you (gracias) and goodbye (hasta luego) can go a long way towards endearing yourself with the people you meet while receiving your dental crown or bridge in Cancun.
A 2004 study by Ohio State University concluded that dental crowns have an average longevity of over 20 years.Some patients find that the procedure lasts their entire life. Getting the proper care for your teeth is an investment in both your health and your confidence. It is for this reason that many cost-conscious Americans are looking into dental crowns and bridges in Cancun, Mexico.
Submit the free request quote form for more information on Dental Crowns and Bridges in Cancun, Mexico.