Having a perfect set of teeth is no more a distant dream, thanks to the low cost lumineers in Costa Rica. As the cost of dental care in the US, Canada, and other developed countries of the world is beyond the financial means of many, dental tourism in Costa Rica comes to their rescue. The Latin American country has established itself as one of the top destinations for low cost, quality dental treatments.
According to the Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), nearly 25,000 medical tourists thronged the country in 2008. These numbers are bound to increase in the light of the escalating healthcare costs and economic download spiral in the US.
What are Lumineers?
- The term “Lumineers” is a registered trademark of Den-Mat Holdings LLC.
- Lumineers are suitable for patients with misaligned, discolored, stained, chipped, and/or worn out teeth.
- Lumineers are a thinner version of the traditional veneers and are almost as thin as contact lens.
- These are placed over the desired teeth giving them an aesthetically enhanced appearance and require only two visits, which entails a five-day stay in Costa Rica on an approximate if you plan to get them in the Central American country.
- Lumineers do away with the need of grinding or filing down tooth structures as required in the case of traditional veneers.
- As per the study Up to 20+ Years Long Term Clinical Evaluation of Etched Porcelain Veneers by H.E. Strassler and S. Weiner which was presented at the International Association of Dental Research (IADR) meeting in 2005, lumineers had a success rate of almost 94%.
Cost of Lumineers in Costa Rica
- The price of lumineers in Costa Rica is lower than the cost of having them fitted in the United States or Europe. In fact, prices of lumineers are about a third in Costa Rica
- Dental treatments for enhancing the appearance of teeth are considered elective by the majority of the insurance companies and are hence not covered by them.
- Cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica is relatively easy-on-the-pocket as opposed to in First World countries.
- The cost of myriad other dental treatments too such as upper and lower jaw bone graft surgery, All-on-Four implants and same day dental implants in Costa Rica is lower than in the US, Canada and the UK.
- Low cost of living and presence of a competitive and thriving medical tourism industry in Costa Rica keep a check on the prices of the medical treatments.
Advantages of Getting Lumineers in Costa Rica
As mentioned, the cost of lumineers in Costa Rica is lower than in the developed countries of the world. Here are some of the other upsides of getting lumineer porcelain veneers in Costa Rica:
- Quality is not compromised in the name of affordability.
- There are quite a few highly competent and well-experienced lumineers cosmetic dentists in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica boasts of many state-of-the-art hospitals and clinics.
- These hospitals and clinics make use of the latest technology and are sticklers to globally accepted norms of hygiene and quality.
- Costa Rica is also home to three JCI-accredited hospitals.
- Easily accessible healthcare minus the waiting time is another upside of getting aesthetic veneers in Costa Rica.
- Its strategic location in Central America makes it easy for the American and Canadian citizens to travel to.
- If a vacation has been dodging you for a long time, you can consider extending your dental trip to Costa Rica to an invigorating holiday. Costa Rica is a wonderful country to explore and spend some time in before returning home.
Some Handy Travel Tips for Costa Rica
- Spanish is the lingua franca of Costa Rica. Some helpful words/phrases are as follows:
- Hello – Hola
- Do you speak English? – Habla usted inglés?
- Thank you – Muchas gracias
- Yes/no – Sí / no
- Where is…? – Dónde está…?
- Food – Comida
- Americans and Canadians do not require a visa for a stay of less than 90 days.
- A passport with a minimum validity of 30 days is, however, required.
- Travelers are advised to hire licensed taxis which can be easily identified with their signature red color along with a medallion painted on the side.
- Thoroughly research on the clinic where you intend to get yourself treated before embarking on your dental trip to Costa Rica.
Getting lumineers in Costa Rica not only gives you your glorious smile back without burning a huge hole in the pocket but also a chance of indulging in leisurely sightseeing. In addition, the country’s salubrious climate speeds up convalescence.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable dental treatments at world class international hospitals. Fill out the estimate request form on our site on our site for a free quote and more information.