Below is the resume of Dr. Javier G. Brenes, a leading Neurosurgeon (degenerative spine surgery, tumor infection & brain surgery) in Costa Rica. Accomplishments include: Best Resident Award in Surgery. He has international training & experience, including in USA & Switzerland. He has performed more than 2,000 neurological (neurosurgical) procedures. Dr Brenes is a Board-Certified Neurosurgeon in Costa Rica, specializing in the management of spinal disorders and brain surgery.
Javier G Brenes – CURRICULUM VITAE
- 1981-1986: Medical training at the Universidad Autonoma de Centroamerica
- 1987-1992: Residency at Hospital Calderon Guardia in San Jose, Costa Rica, one of the biggest Public Hospitals in the country.
- 1991: He received the “Best Resident Award in the Surgical Area”
- 1992-2005: Worked at the Hospital Calderon Guardia in San Jose, Costa Rica and began his private practice in Hospital Clinica Biblica, a private Hospital with more than 77 years of history.
- Further practice and study at different hospitals like Baylor College, Methodist Hospital with Professor R. Narayan; University of Texas with Professor Guy Clifton (mini-sabbatical) and also participated as active member of AOSpine in different courses in Santiago, Chile 2003;
- 2005: Interactive Course at San Jose, Costa Rica
- 2005: Complex Spinal Issues Symposium, Cancun, Mexico
- 2005: Combined Prodisc Cervical and Lumbar Spine Arthoplasty Course at Bogota, Colombia, with Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli
- December 2006: AOSpine Master Course in Switzerland
- June 2007: Cadaveric Spinal Course in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2005: Observership in Santiago, Chile, with Dr Bartolome Marre (AOSI Educational Chairman)
- 2006: Observership in Curitiba, Brazil, with Dr. Luiz Vialle (AOSI Regional Chairman)
- 1992 till date: Working as Neurosurgeon. Adopted different approaches to spinal pathologies with more than 2,000 neurosurgicalÂ procedures. The most frequent procedures are Herniated cervical and lumbar disc, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spine fractures, Stenosis, Arthrodesis anterior and posterior any level, Percutaneous Vertebroplasty and biopsy, Epidural infiltration and nerves block.