M.S. (Orthopedics), M.Ch. (Orthopedics)
Dr. Ashok Rajgopal is one of the most experienced orthopedic surgeons in India. He has performed more than 12000 surgeries which includes 9950 arthroscopies and over 3200 arthroplasties and over 100 MIS Total Knee Replacement Surgeries. Dr. Rajgopal performed the FIRST MIS Unicompartmental replacement surgery in March 2002. He has also developed instrumentation for the MIS total knee replacement surgery.
- M Ch Ortho: University of Liverpool 1983
- MS Ortho: All Indian Institute of Medical sciences 1979
- MBBS: Pune University 1974
- Member of Indian Orthopedic Association
- Member of the Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Vice President of the Indian Arthroscopy Association
- Fellow at the International Medical Science Academy
- Member of ISAKOS (The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine)
- Founder Secretary and the elected President of the Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Member of the General Medical Council (UK).
- Dr. Rajgopal has been invited to numerous international conferences as a guest speaker. Among the most prominent conferences are Brisbane, China, Cairns, Dundee and Singapore. He has read nearly 45 papers in Indian conferences.
- Served as the Honorary Orthopedic surgeon to the President of India in 1997