Dental Implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala
Dental Implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala, can be an affordable fix for missing teeth!
Yes! You can get top-quality, safe treatment at 75% less than US/Canadian prices.
Want to fix your smile and explore Central America’s largest city?Britannica
“…capital of Guatemala, the largest city in Central America, …”
View in Article Contine reading!
Dental Implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala – Before & After
Get their dazzling smileRequest quote
Cost of Dental Implants in Guatemala City (2023 prices)
Dental implants in Guatemala City are 65 – 75% cheaper than in the US & Canada.
You can get a titanium dental implant in Guatemala City for just $1,200 with abutment.
This is about 75% less than in the US/Canada (i.e., $5,000).
You will also notice that the price of all on 4 in Guatemala City is as low as $7,570.
In the US/Canada, it costs between $22,000 – 24,000.
You can also save 62 – 77% on full mouth restoration in Guatemala City.
Let’s look at the Guatemala City dental implant price list 2023 for better clarity.
Comparison of Dental Implant Cost in Guatemala City, Guatemala Vs. US Vs. UK (USD)
|Titanium dental implant*||$5,000||$4,600||$1,200|
|Zirconium dental implant**||$6,000||$5,520||$1,700|
|All on 4 implants^||$24,000||$22,000||$7,570|
|All on 6 implants**||$28,000||$26,000||$9,800|
|All on 8 implants**||$35,000||$32,000||$11,660|
|*Includes Abutment **Crown ^Fixed hybrid acrylic bridge per jaw|
*Dental pricing in Guatemala City is case dependent
Now that you know how much to save with Guatemala dentist prices for implants.
Guatemala City Dental Implants Packages
Looking for great deals on dental implants in Guatemala City to fix your teeth issues?
Take a look at the amazing packages below.
Do these top deals on all-on-4/6 dental implants in Guatemala City fit your budget?
Reach out to us to know more.
Let us now explore the best dental clinic and implant dentists in Guatemala City!
Top Clinics for Dental Implants in Guatemala City
Guatemala Dental is one of the best dental clinics in Guatemala City.
Read below to learn more about this dental clinic.
Guatemala Dental Clinic Highlights
- Established in 1987, the clinic has the expertise of three generations of dentists.
- Focused on patient comfort, they employ cutting-edge dental techniques and technology.
- They use secure X-rays and lab systems for fast treatment and optimal patient care.
- Flexible appointments and multiple payment options.
- They provide accommodation and transportation for patients.
Dental Chair | Guatemala Dental Clinic
Patient in Guatemala Dental Clinic
Let’s now look at the profiles of the top dental implant dentists in Guatemala City.
Best Dentists in Guatemala City for Dental Implants
Want to resolve your dental issues with an expert opinion? Contact us today!
In the next section, explore how dental implants in Guatemala City changed patients’ lives!
Guatemala City Dental Implants – Reviews
Teeth Implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala – Before & After
Dental implants offer an ideal solution for replacing missing teeth.
But does everyone benefit from the treatment? Let’s find out in the next section.
Who is Suitable for Dental Implants in Guatemala City?
You can consider having dental implants if you have the following oral conditions:Mayo Clinic
Dental implant surgery
“…dental implants may be right for you if you: Have one or more missing teeth Have a jawbone that’s reached full growth..”
View in Article
- One or more missing teeth
- Healthy oral tissues
- Fully developed jawbone
- Thick jawbone to support implants
Dental Implant Model
If you think you might be a candidate for dental implants, schedule a call to discuss treatment options.
Want to know what to expect from the dental implant procedure? Read on.
Guatemala City Dental Implant Guide
Here’s a brief overview of dental implants in Guatemala City to prepare you for the procedure.
Different Techniques for Dental Implants in Guatemala City
Your Guatemala City dentist will choose the implant techniques based on your:
- jawbone condition and
- the type of implant.
Here are some common methods of dental implants:
Concerned about missing most or all of your teeth?
Don’t worry, a full mouth reconstruction in Guatemala City can help.
Find out more below.
Full Mouth Restoration in Guatemala City
The Guatemala dentists offer several full arch implant options to cater to your needs and oral health conditions.
Here are some common procedures:
All on 4
All on 4 Dental Implants in Guatemala City
With a minimal number of implants, this technique ensures excellent results for full mouth dental restoration.
In this procedure, your upper or lower set of teeth can be replaced using only four implants.
Furthermore, its unique design allows for immediate function.Nobel Biocare
All-on-4® treatment concept
“…provides patients with a fixed full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery….”
View in Article
All on Four Implants
All on 6/8
All on 6/8 Dental Implants in Guatemala City
The “All-on-6/8” procedure is used for full-mouth restoration in patients with complete tooth loss.
It involves placing 6 or 8 implants in the jawbone to secure a denture.
The treatment is commonly performed on individuals aged 51-80 years.BiblioMed
Survival Rate of Tooth Supported Full Mouth Rehabilitation
“patients among the older age group (51 to 80 years) who had undergone this procedure were higher…”
View in Article
All on Six Implants
When is Bone Grafting Needed for Dental Implant in Guatemala City?
Dental bone grafts are necessary when there is insufficient jawbone for the placement of dental implants.
The procedure can help restore the density and volume of your jawbone.
It involves the replacement of lost bone in the jaw with grafting material, which stimulates the growth of new bone
Over time, the bone integrates the graft material, forming a fully integrated area of new bone.
Bone grafting is one type of bone augmentation.
But other procedures may be necessary to enhance bone quality & support dental implants. These include:
- Sinus lift: This procedure raises the sinus floor to heighten the bone in the upper jaw to support the implant placement
- Ridge expansion: It divides the jawbone to insert bone graft material, stimulate new bone growth, and widen the jaw for dental implant support.
Understanding Bone Grafts for Dental Implants
“…half of implant placement procedures require bone grafts….bone grafting material to encourage regeneration. …Bone grafting is just one type of bone augmentation procedure, and others may be needed to build bone…Sinus lift…”
View in Article
To ensure a successful dental implant surgery, it is important to familiarize yourself with the pre-operative instructions.
If you’re wondering how to best prepare for the procedure, continue reading.
How to Prepare for a Dental Implant Surgery in Guatemala City?
Before surgery, you’ll have an initial consultation with your dentist.
They will perform a thorough examination, including X-rays, and develop a treatment plan.
After developing the plan and assessing your health, your dentist will schedule the surgery.VeryWell Health
Dental Implant Procedure: Everything You Need to Know
“Before the procedure, you’ll see your dentist for an initial consultation. Your dentist will give you a comprehensive examination. They’ll take X-rays …If your dentist recommends IV sedation for the procedure, you’ll need to arrange for someone …”
View in Article
If IV sedation is recommended, arrange for someone to accompany you and provide transportation after the procedure.
Here is a list of things you need to do before your dental implant surgery begins:VeryWell Health
Dental Implant Procedure
“…local anesthesia, you can eat a light meal … antibiotics to take for a few days before surgery…special anti-bacterial mouthwash…Smoking may lower the success of dental implants…”
View in Article
What Should You Eat Before Dental Implants?
Local anesthesia: Eat a light meal a few hours before the procedure.
IV sedation: Avoid eating anything after midnight the night before surgery to maintain an empty stomach.
Antibiotics: Your Guatemala dentist may prescribe antibiotics for a few days before surgery to prevent implant complications.
Mouthwash: You may be instructed to rinse with a special anti-bacterial mouthwash as part of the preparation.
Pre-op Lifestyle Changes
- Smoking can hinder the success of dental implants by slowing down the healing process.
- If you smoke, discuss with your dentist whether dental implants are suitable for you.
Let’s now help you understand the procedure for dental implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
Guatemala City Dental Implant Procedure
Implant procedures typically involve multiple appointments often spaced several months apart.
In certain cases, same-day implant placement and tooth insertion (crown) is possible.
But your dentist will advise you on the best method for dental implant placement.Colgate
Dental Implant Surgery
“Dental implant surgery is often done in several stages,…Remove the damaged tooth …The process can take anywhere from three to nine months … The gum tissue is then closed back around the abutment and left to heal for one to two weeks….”
View in Article
Surgical Placement of Implant
- Numbing your mouth with local anesthesia or receiving IV sedation
- Removing damaged tooth (if necessary)
- The dentist cuts the gums and places the implant in the jawbone
- The gums are closed over the implant so that it remains covered
Recovery at Home
After the initial phase of the procedure, you will recover at home.
- During this time, the bone grows around the implant, ensuring its stability.
- This process, known as osseointegration, involves the titanium fusing with the bone.
- You will wear a temporary denture during the healing process to maintain the tooth’s appearance.
- The surgeon will reopen your gums & screw the abutment into the dental implant.
- Gum tissue is closed and allowed to heal for 1 to 2 weeks.
- The entire process is done as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia.
Permanent Tooth/Teeth Placement
- After your gums have healed, impressions of your mouth and remaining teeth will be taken.
- These impressions are used to create the artificial tooth or crown for your dental implant.
- You’ll have the choice between two main types of artificial teeth – a removable implant prosthesis or a fixed implant prosthesis
Are you in need of immediate dental implant surgery?
Call us to get a dental implant in Guatemala City today.
Implants and restorations are not natural teeth.
However, with proper oral care and a healthy diet, you can ensure their long-term success.
Learn how to maintain your new teeth below.
Aftercare for Dental Implants in Guatemala City
Common Dental Implant Problems and How to Treat Them
“…reduce your chance of complications with dental implants by: Avoiding smoking and tobacco products…Steps to reduce discomfort following dental implantation:…Rinse with … antibacterial mouthrinse…”
View in Article
Now that you know everything about teeth implants in Guatemala City.
It’s time to learn more about the city’s dental tourism.
Dental Tourism in Guatemala City, Guatemala
Guatemala City lies on a high mountainous valley and surrounded by ancient volcanoes.
It is the largest urban center in Guatemala.AFAR
A Guide to Guatemala City
“Guatemala City, Guatemala’s largest urban area, lies on a high mountainous valley surrounded by ancient volcanoes…exploring both the Latin American city lifestyle as well…”
View in Article
After dental implants in Guatemala City, you can enjoy the city’s vibrant Latin American lifestyle and captivating natural surroundings.
How to Reach Guatemala City?
Reaching the city is most convenient by air.
It offers easy accessibility from major cities across the US and Canada.
La Aurora International Airport (GUA) is the primary airport for Guatemala City.
Let’s look at the flight durations below.
Flights from US & Canada to Guatemala City (GUA)
|City||Travel time||Number of stops|
|Miami (MIA)||2 hr 46 min||Non-stop|
|Houston (IAH)||2 hr 51 min||Non-stop|
|Atlanta (ATL)||3 hr 31 min||Non-stop|
|Dallas (DFW)||3 hr 23 min||Non-stop|
|New York (JFK)||4 hr 50 min||Non-stop|
|Toronto (YYZ)||7 hr 25 min||1 stop (Layover – El Salvador)|
|Vancouver (YVR)||9 hr 09 min||1 stop (Layover – Houston)|
Essential Information for Dental Tourism in Guatemala City
Best Time to Visit
- The country is best visited during the dry season from November to April
- The temperatures range from pleasant and warm, 23°C to 32°C.Audley
When is the best time to visit Guatemala?
“The best time to visit Guatemala is from November to April, … 23°C and 32°C.”
View in Article
- Quetzal (GTQ) is Guatemala’s currency.
- Major banks accept USD for currency exchange, but not Canadian dollars
- Some ATMs accept Canadian debit cards with a four-digit PIN, but not those with a five-digit PIN.Canada travel advisory
Guatemala travel advice
“You cannot exchange Canadian dollars in Guatemala. Some ATMs will accept Canadian debit cards with a four-digit PIN….U.S. dollars may be exchanged for local currency at most major banks.’”
View in Article
- The official language in Guatemala is Spanish.
- English is spoken only in tourist areas.
- The top mobile providers are Tigo and Claro.
- A passport is necessary to get a SIM card.Two Tickets Anywhere
Sim Card Guatemala 2023:
“The 2 best mobile providers in Guatemala are: Tigo Guatemla Claro Guatemala……buying at the small tiendas on the side of the stree”
View in Article
The city is divided into zones, making getting around easier.Gecko Routes
Is Guatemala City worth visiting?
“Guatemala City does have a bus service that covers a lot of the city… they can be a fast way to get around. Fares only cost Q1 per ride. You’ll need to buy a Citizen Card for Q20 from a station or convenience store to ride the bus.”
View in Article
- Uber is more convenient and safer
- Taxis are also available, but most of them don’t have meters
- For single-zone rides, fares range from USD 3 -3.25, while traveling between zones may cost USD Q4 -5.15.
- Guatemala City has an extensive bus service covering many parts of the city
- Bus fares are only USD 0.1 per ride.
- To ride the bus, you must purchase a Citizen Card for USD 2.6 from a station or convenience store.
Dental Tourism in Guatemala City – Travel Guide
Video Courtesy: Island Hopper TV
Where to Stay During Your Dental Work in Guatemala City?
Our partner clinic recommends the following hotels for your all-inclusive dental implants in Guatemala City.
What to Do After Your Dental Work in Guatemala City?
Guatemala City combines the past and present seamlessly!
You’ll discover ancient churches in one area, while modern restaurants, nightclubs, and shopping malls in other parts of the city.
You can explore these four must-visit placesThe Culture Trip
14 Must-Visit Attractions in Guatemala City
“La Aurora Zoo…The zoo has several exhibit areas, including the African savanna…Museo Popol Vuh…”
View in Article after your dental work:
Are you concerned about the city’s safety? Ease your worries by reading the following section.
Is it Safe to Get Dental Implants in Guatemala City?
When looking for affordable dental implants abroad, safety and quality should be your top priority.
Guatemala City offers excellent dental services at affordable rates. The country is also fairly safe for visitors.
However, it is important to thoroughly check the details for a successful treatment and safe vacation.
As a tourist
Regarding general safety, the city is safe to travel if you avoid:
- crime hotspots,
- bad neighbourhoods, and
- prioritize safety precautions.
Keep these in mind while in Guatemala City.
- Avoid nighttime travel
- Avoid wearing jewellery when exploring the country
- Familiarize yourself with Guatemala’s laws to stay out of trouble.
- Uber is the safest way to travel around Guatemala City.
- Exercise extreme caution with money and ATMs.
- Places to Avoid: Zone 1,2, 3, 5, 6, 7,8, 12, 13, 17 to 25
- Safe Places: Zone 4, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, and 16
Remember to stay vigilant and remain aware of your surroundings.
That way, your dental trip to Guatemala will be enjoyable and worthwhile.
Source: Travellers Worldwide Travellers Worldwide
Is Guatemala Safe?
“the country can be safe for tourists if they avoid crime hotspots and bad neighborhoods and take safety precautions seriously….Avoid public ATMs…Read and understand Guatemala’s laws to avoid getting into trouble”
View in Article Centralamerica.comCentralamerica.com
Is Guatemala City Safe?
“Zone 1 is sketchy, but the following zones are downright dangerous and you, as a visitor, have no business being in them: Zone 2, Zone 3, Zone 5, Zone 6, Zone 7, Zone, 8, and Zone 12. Zone 13 isn’t great either…”
View in Article
As a patient
When it comes to the safety & quality of dental implants in Guatemala City, there is no need to worry.
- Guatemala dental clinic has over three decades of experience and performs over 350 implants annually.
- The chief implant dentist in Guatemala has 35+ years of experience & is internationally trained.
- The clinic uses cutting-edge dental techniques and modern technology, ensuring international safety standards
All these factors make Guatemala City a safe destination for dental work.
FAQs About Guatemala City Dental Implants
How much cheaper is dental implants in Guatemala City compared to the US?
Dental implants in Guatemala City are nearly 75% cheaper than in the US.
Below, you’ll find the affordability percentages for various procedures.
- Titanium dental implant: 76%
- Zirconium dental implant: 72%
- All on 4 implants: 68%
- All on 6 implants: 65%
- All on 8 implants: 67%
How much is all on 4 in Guatemala City?
The average cost of all on 4 dental implants in Guatemala City is $7,570 for a single arch.
In the US, they range from $25,000 – 30,000.
Thus, you can save up to 68% by choosing Guatemala for All-on-4.
What is the cost of full mouth dental implants in Guatemala City?
You can get full mouth restoration in Guatemala City at a 62 – 77% lower price than in the US.
Importantly, this cost reduction does not compromise the quality of the treatment.
Prices in Guatemala City range from $9,000 to $15,000, whereas in the US/Canada, the cost can be as high as $40,000.
How to pay for dental work in Guatemala City?
In Guatemala City, you can pay for dental work by Cash, Credit/debit cards, Bank transfer, Paypal, and SuperMoney.
Do dental implants in Guatemala come with a guarantee?
Yes. Guatemala dental clinic provides a 1-year warranty on dental procedures
Are there English-speaking dentists in Guatemala City?
The Guatemala dental team we work with have ample experience treating overseas patients from the US, Canada, southern Mexico, and other countries.
Moreover, the staff at our Guatemala City dental clinics are multilingual.
They can speak English and Spanish fluently.
What are the benefits of getting dental implants in Guatemala City?
Here are a few reasons to consider Guatemala City for getting dental implants:
- Affordability: Over 70% savings compared to the US/Canada
- Skilled dentists: Implant dentist in Guatemala City is internationally trained with 35+ years of experience
- Safe & fast treatments: Modern technology and advanced dental techniques ensure safe and efficient dental work in Guatemala City.
- Proximity to US/Canada: 3 hours from the US & 7 hours from Canada
- No language barrier: Guatemala City dental team is fluent in English
- Relaxing vacation: With fantastic museums, Maya sites, and colonial architecture, it’s an ideal spot to unwind.
Affordable dental implants in Guatemala City, Guatemala, can bring you a confident smile without breaking the bank.
Along with the treatment, you also get a fantastic vacation to rejuvenate.
Why wait? Pack your bags and contact MTC.
Our experts can help you choose the best clinics with all-inclusive dental implant packages.
We’ll guide you throughout this journey to achieve your deserving smile.
- Britannica: Guatemala City
- Mayo Clinic: Dental Implant Surgery
- UK Health Center: Compare Dental Implants
- NewMouth.com: Implant Supported Dentures
- Nobel Biocare: All-on-4® treatment concept
- BiblioMed: Survival Rate of Tooth Supported Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Colgate: Understanding Bone Grafts for Dental Implants
- VeryWell Health: Dental Implant Procedure
- Colgate: Dental Implant Surgery
- Colgate: Common Dental Implant Problems and How to Treat Them
- Afar.com: A Guide to Guatemala City
- Audley: When is the best time to visit Guatemala?
- Govt. of Canada: Guatemala travel advice
- Two Tickets Anywhere: Sim Card Guatemala 2023
- Gecko Routes: Is Guatemala City worth visiting?
- Travel.State.Gov: Guatemala
- The Culture Trip: 14 Must-Visit Attractions in Guatemala City
- Travellers Worldwide: Is Guatemala Safe?
- Centralamerica.com: Is Guatemala City Safe?