Whether you are having trouble regaining your flat stomach after giving birth or need some surgical help after losing oodles of weight, a tummy tuck in Costa Rica is an inexpensive way for you to achieve a well-chiseled belly.
Even though the cost of a tummy tuck in Costa Rica is lower than in the United States, you will still receive the same quality of care as in the medical facilities back home.
Costa Rica hospitals are consistently highly ranked due to the Latin American country’s strict medical standards, making it an epicenter of medical tourism activity. According to a 2007 National Center for Policy Analysis study by Devon M. Herrick, about 150,000 foreigners visited Costa Rica for medical care in 2006 compared to 250,000 foreigners seeking medical care in the United States the same year.
Considering the drastically different population sizes of both the countries, the high number of medical tourists choosing Costa Rica demonstrates its credibility as a medical tourism destination.
Tummy Tuck – An Overview
- During the tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, an incision is placed near the pubic area. Usually, this incision can be hidden by underwear or bathing suits.
- The surgeon then tightens the abdominal tissues underneath the skin and stitches them up.
- For patients who require drastic abdominal changes, the abdomen may be cut across the hips. This may require the surgeon to create a new belly button opening.
- The ideal tummy tuck candidate is someone not looking to use it as a weight loss solution, but rather to correct problem areas.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 115,902 American patients underwent the tummy tuck procedure in 2011.
- The average cost for tummy tuck in Costa Rica is much less than the prices quoted for the surgery in the United States and Canada.
- Costa Rica doctors undergo strict medical training and have years of experience under their belts in order to be able to perform abdominoplasty surgery.
- Due to the booming medical tourism industry in Costa Rica, the leading doctors there speak fluent English for better communication with their foreign patients.
- Dental tourism in Costa Rica is a sunrise industry too. If you need to get your smile refurbished in addition to your tummy tuck, you may consider cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica. You can “multitask” on your medical treatments to save further on costs.
Considerations for Tummy Tuck Surgery in Costa Rica
- While one could get used to the low pharmaceutical prices in Costa Rica, if you are refilling your post-surgical prescriptions in the United States, you will have to pay United States prices.
- Also, it may be difficult for you to see the doctor who performed your abdominoplasty tummy tuck in Costa Rica, should any complications arise later.
- Choose your destination keeping in mind the logistics too. You can also elect for low cost tummy tuck in Tijuana Mexico if it is more suitable for you to travel to the Mexican border town rather than to Costa Rica.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Costa Rica?
- The average cost of abdominoplasty surgery in Costa Rica is lower than in the United States due to the lower cost of living. This does not mean that you will be receiving lower quality care, as Costa Rica is world-renowned for its talented surgeons.
- Costa Rica is in close proximity to the United States, thus lowering the price of a tummy tuck in Costa Rica further for American patients.
- Since you will be saving on abdominoplasty costs in Costa Rica, you can sightsee around the country without worrying about prices.
Sightseeing in Costa Rica
Get a true R&R experience when on a trip for abdominoplasty in Costa Rica. Some of the popular tourist attractions of Costa Rica are as follows –
- San José – San José is the capital of Costa Rica. There are numerous historical tourist attractions within San José, such as the Museo Nacional de Costa Rica. Additionally, the nightlife in San José is exciting, with numerous trendy bars and nightclubs.
- Braulio Carrillo National Park – This national park is famous for its dormant volcanoes, lakes and rivers. The forest reserve is home to variegated bio-diversity and is one of Costa Rica’s best kept secrets.
- Arenal Volcano – For those who want to visit a more subdued tourist attraction, the Arenal Volcano has hot springs, waterfalls, and a lot more. This soaring volcano tops the list of must-sees in Costa Rica.
- Turrialba Volcano – It counts among the towering volcanoes of Costa Rica. Located in Parque Nacional Volcan Turrialba, this volcano gives a bird’s-eye view of the turquoise waters of the Atlantic and the world famous Irazu volcano on a clear day.
Overall, obtaining a tummy tuck in Costa Rica proves beneficial to those who wish to tighten their abdomen without paying astronomical surgical costs. Thanks to the low tummy tuck Costa Rica prices one can easily include an itinerary of the famous touristy places of the country. The tropical climate and up-to-the-minute medical facilities along with the skilled Costa Rica plastic surgeons make the country a popular destination among many medical tourists.