Pros and Cons of Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery
- A research report published in the 2005 issue of ‘The Journal of bone and Joint Surgery’ states that lumber total disc replacement surgery is a safe and effective procedure.
- It has the following advantages over spinal fusion surgery:
- The replaced disc allows motion.
- The stress is not transferred to the adjacent discs.
- Common surgical risks such as infection, pain, nerve damage, disc inflammation, reaction to anaesthesia, etc. may need to be taken care of.
Tips for Tourists in Korea
- The crime rate in Korea is low; it has a safe and amiable environment.
- Tourists should however follow regular safety tips
- Always use a money belt to keep wallet and other important documents.
- Never leave your passport and other important documents in the hotel room.
- The local emergency number of Korea is ‘112’ or ‘02-112’ from a cell phone.
- Communication in Korea might be difficult as majority of the population does not know Enligh. However, English helpines in taxis and other places are readily availble.
- Korea is known for its electronics, and the technologically-inclined should be able to find some interesting gadgets to take back home.
- Korean cuisine has many interesting dishes to please your palate, and you may explore the city restaurants for authentic Korean food.
Alternative to Lumbar Total Disc Replacement: Spinal Fusion
Lumbar total disc replacement surgery in Korea is offered at a JCI accredited hospital that has achieved 99.7 points overall score and full marks of IPSG (International Patient Safety Goals).