If you suffer persistent low back pain that has severely affected your life, lumbar disc replacement may be the answer for you. This new, innovative, and modern treatment is available in India at affordable prices. Below are some details:
Patient Selection Criteria
- Not all patients with lower back pain can undergo lumbar disc replacement.
- Only those patients are accepted who have tried but failed at least six months of non-surgical treatments such as pain medication, a back brace, or physical therapy.
- Other requirements are:
- At least one or two degenerated, painful discs.
- Lack of sensation in legs or buttocks.
- Difficulty in walking.
- Not excessively overweight.
- No prior major surgery in the lumbar spine.
Pre-operative Tests for Spine Surgery in India
Magnetic resonance imaging Scans (MRI Scans) and X-rays are required to analyze the condition of disc. For patients considering lumbar disc replacement surgery in India, the initial evaluation is based on a medical questionnaire that the patient is required to fill.
Quality of Treatment for Disc Replacement in India
Treatment is offered at JCI accredited hospitals that belong to two of India’s largest healthcare groups.
- One of the hospitals in India is affiliated to Harvard Medical in the USA. It follows process driven quality systems that adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, medication safety, and infection control standards. It also provides state of the art facilities, world-class infrastructure, and excellent patient care ambience. It has expert neurosurgeons on board who have more than 2 decades of experience in the field of neurosurgery.
- Artificial Spinal Disk Replacement surgery in India is offered at hospitals of the biggest healthcare group in Asia. It has dedicated spine units with some of the best surgical teams in the country. This group has performed the first lumbar disc replacement surgeries in India. It has an internationally acclaimed spine surgeon who is also the first Indian to receive the prestigious Cotrel Spine Fellowship.
6-10 nights of hospital stay might be required depending on the patient’s recovery progress.
Lumbar disc replacement surgery is offered in India at an affordable cost. The cost of Lumber disc replacement in India is expected to be a far cheaper than its price in USA and UK.