Dr. Grunhaus earned his medical degree from the University of Costa Rica before completing a fellowship in urology at the Mayo Clinic in the United States. He returned to Costa Rica to pursue further education specializing in urology through the Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica. After completing his education, Dr. Grunhaus worked as a doctor for the Caja Costarricense del Seguro Social. Before beginning to work at CIMA San Jose, he served as the Chief of Service at the Hospital de Alajuela.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree – Universidad de Costa Rica
- Residency General Surgery – 2000 – Hospital General Cd Obregon, Sonora
- Urology 1999 – Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Costa.Rica
- Fellowship Urology 1999 – Mayo Clinic
Professional Associations / Affiliations
- Association of Medical Urologists of Costa Rica (AMUC)
- Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica #4384
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Extracorporeal Lithotripsy
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HISU)
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. Arieh Grunhaus and other world class doctors.