Venous Angioplasty Details:
- It is a non-surgical procedure used for clearing the blockages in the veins of Central Nervous System that causes MS.
- This process also might require placing a stent in the vein to keep it open for blood flow.
- A plastic tube called catheter having a guide wire on it is inserted into the patient’s body.
- With the help of the guide wire and venogram map, the doctors will direct the catheter towards the narrowed or blocked vein in CNS.
- Upon reaching the narrowed point, the special balloon attached to the catheter is inflated to widen the passage and clear the blockage.
- If required, a stent may be inserted with the catheter. This stent will stay in the artery even after the surgery in order to keep the passage wide open.
- After clearance of blockage, the balloon and catheter are removed from the body.
Venous Angioplasty Pros and Cons;
- Venous Angioplasty Stenting Surgery is in its experimental phase and no clear data are available on the risks / benefits of the treatment.
- Doctor Paulo Zamboni, the researcher who first discovered CCSVI, claims that Venous Angioplasty is a simple procedure can treat MS patients.
- Many MS patients having stenosis in brain have been successfully treated by this procedure.
Tourist Safety in India:
- Like any other Tourist destination, India also has petty crimes related to tourists.
- Medical Tourist are therefore advised to follow the below mentioned safety measures:
- Avoid public trasnportation. We offer private transportation to and from Airport /hotel / hospital. Private transportation will be provided for all medical travels.
- Overcrowded places should not be visited for avoiding chances of pickpocketing and eve-teasing.
- Female tourists should refrain from going alone specailly during night. Deserted roads and places should not be taken.
- Prefer taxis from the hotel where you are staying as chances of being cheated by roadside autos and taxis are more.
Alternatives to Venous Angioplasty:
- Stem cell transplantation for MS
- Therapies: Occupational therapy can help people with MS remain active in daily life. The therapies help in improving skills in the patients and teaching them alternative ways to perform tasks that they are facing problem to perform. These therapies also introduces handy equipment, thereby helping people with MS perform their basic activities.
Please note that FDA has not approved Venous Angioplasty Stenting Surgery for Multiple Sclerosis. Very few surgeons in US therefore perform it.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates low cost Venous Angioplasty Treatment or Surgery Abroad at many international locations. Fill out the estimate request form for a free quote & more information.