Mini facelift is done to improve minor sagging in the region of the cheeks, jaw line, and the neck. Also known as limited-incision facelift, s-lift, baby boomer facelift, or simply mini-lift, this surgery is best for people who have wrinkles or aging skin in mid-face.
This surgery is less invasive than the conventional facelift. It is performed under local anesthesia and targets specific areas on the face, usually not including the forehead and the eyes. Often people who have undergone a mini facelift don’t look like they have undergone a cosmetic surgery; they just present a “refreshed” look.
Please note the costs vary with time. Fill-out the estimate-request form on the right for latest specials.
What Happens During Surgery?
- Before performing any operation the surgeon will first conduct some tests to ensure you don’t have any medical condition that can complicate the surgery or hinder your recovery.
- This surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia, on an outpatient basis. In some cases, the surgeon may choose to perform the surgery under general anesthesia.
- 2-3 small incisions are made, almost half the length of the cut made in the traditional facelift procedure.
- The skin is separated from the underlying fat and muscle, and excessive fat is removed.
- The muscle is then tightened and the skin is pulled back. If there is too much loose skin, the excess is removed.
- The incisions are then sutured, and the required medications are prescribed.
- Sometimes a small tube is put behind the patient’s ear to collect the pooling blood.
How Much Time Does it Take?
The mini-facelift procedure takes only 1-2 hours, sometimes even less. If a drainage tube has been inserted it will be taken off after about two days and the stitches will be removed in a week’s time.
Although your face may feel swollen for a few days after the surgery, soon you will be able to appreciate the new look. And by traveling to Cancun you not only stand a chance to save thousands of dollars but also have a chance to indulge in a nice beach vacation.
If you fit the ideal candidate profile for MACS or mini facelift, Mexico holds a significant cost advantage. Fill the estimate request form to your right.