How much will my surgery cost?
Our hip replacement packages for Tijuana, Mexico cost about US$ 10,185 (for one side). Our package price includes 3-day stay at the surgery center.
(Please note that these prices are subject to change. Hence, we recommend you to fill our online quote form for the latest prices, and also so that we can get back to you.)
Do I get free evaluation?
Yes, your initial evaluation will be free. But for that we will need your medical reports.
Who will perform my hip replacement procedure in Tijuana?
We, at Medical Tourism Corporation, work with one of the foremost names in the field of orthopedic surgery. He has more than 30 years experience and majority of his clients are from the United States. Below is his profile in brief:
- International affiliate member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Also member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technologists (1999)
- Medical Degree from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City (1974-1980)
- Post graduation Internship from General Regional Hospital, IMSS, Leon, Mexico (1980-1981)
- Â Founder member of El Comite de Ortopedia y Traumatologia de Deporte de la SMO (1994)
Will I get complimentary pick-up?
Yes, we will provide you complimentary ground transportation between airport and the surgery center, and for any medical appointments.
What will be included in my package price?
- 3-day stay at the surgery center
- Assistance related to passport and visa
- Help in booking air tickets and any other travel related assistance
- Free ground transportation and hospital stay for the accompanying guest of the patient till the time the patient stays in the hospital
- 24-7 assistance from a destination manager
- Assistance with luggage at both airport and hotel
For more details, fill in our quote form.
Why should I choose Tijuana for my surgery?
- Save huge amounts of money compared to the prices charged in the USA.
- Wont have to travel very far from the United States (Tijuana is only 17 miles from San Diego, CA).
- Easy scheduling of hip replacement surgery without any waiting times.
- Minimal communication problems because of English-speaking doctors and other medical staff members.
- Because of its proximity to the United States, Tijuana is quite Americanized when it comes to food, culture and shopping experiences.
What aftercare do I need to take?
- For some days after your surgery, you will have to keep a pillow between your legs to have your hips in the correct position.
- You will have to use walkers or crutches for four to six weeks after your surgery.
- Make sure you do the exercises taught by your surgeon as directed by him, as these will help strengthen the muscles surrounding your hip joint and speed up rate of convalescence.
- To bring down the risk of implant dislocation, make sure you avoid leaning forward while lying in your bed with your leg straightened.
- Bend your knees while lifting objects rather than keeping them straight.
- Avoid brisk walking.
- To speed up the healing up of your wound make sure you eat right and keep your weight in check.
Do I have any options for financing my surgery?
Yes , we even offer options for medical loans.
What documents do I need to travel to Tijuana?
- Canadian and US citizens need a valid passport to enter Tijuana.
- A visa is not required for American citizens if they stay within the border zone (area of 20-30 kilometers from the border) for less than 72 hours.
- All non-Mexicans venturing 20 kilometers beyond the border will need a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM).
- If you plan to drive down to Mexico in your own car, you would need vehicle registration or title to your vehicle, a valid Canadian or US driver license, and residence proof for the USA (birth certificate, passport or resident alien card).
How far is Tijuana from the USA?
We have already mentioned that Tijuana is only 17 miles from San Diego, California. It is just six miles from Chula Vista. The closest American airport to the city, the San Diego International Airport (CODE: SAN) is just 20 minutes away. Distance from other American cities is as follows:
- Los Angeles 127 miles
- Long Beach 108 miles
- Yuma Â – 140 miles
- Las Vegas 270 miles
- Phoenix 294 miles
- San Jose 431 miles