Gastric sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico may allow those seeking bariatric surgery, an afordable solution for their excessive weight. Weight loss surgery in Mexico is a popular option amongst medical tourists, thanks to low costs and close proximity to countries such as the United States and Canada.
Moreover, the quality of care which you can expect to receive whilst having your Sleeve Gastrectomy in Guadalajara, Mexico can match that in any developed country. Mexico has long been regarded as having excellent medical care facilities and world class surgeons.
Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Guadalajara: Our packages cost about $4,500 only under a special offer. This includes a stay of one night each at the hospital and the hotel. We recommend that you fill in the quote form on the right so that we can send you the latest prices and specials (if applicable), and also get back to you to discuss your case.
About Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- This procedure is known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), tube gastrectomy, gastric sleeve resection or partial gastrectomy.
- VSG aims to remove approximately 85% of the stomach, leaving it looking like a sleeve.
- This reduction in size is achieved using surgical staples to join the edges of the stomach back together once the excess has been removed.
- The operation is generally performed laparoscopically.
- Sleeve gastrectomy is irreversible and, as with any surgery, there are risks involved. These can include tearing or leakage around the staples.
- Weight loss following this procedure is generally rapid, as the significantly reduced stomach size means that the patient is unable to eat the same volume of food as before. However, before flying down for VSG in Guadalajara, you must discuss the details of the surgery and possible outcomes with your surgeon.
- Following the procedure your diet will require a radical change. The alteration in stomach size means that you will only be able to eat small portions of food.
- Make sure you speak to your surgeon for more information about what to expect and how to change your lifestyle following your operation.
Planning Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in Mexico
- The first step is to consider whether you’re suitable for sleeve gastrectomy. A typical candidate would include someone with a BMI in excess of 35-40 (depending on general state of health).
- Medical tourism in Mexico has become a popular and successful industry in recent years.
- If you’re thinking about weight loss surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico, it’s important to do your research. Find out about hospitals and surgeons prior to your trip – this should help allay fears and give you an idea about what to expect.
- Speak to your surgeon prior to your trip. They can give you advice concerning the details of the procedure and recovery times.
- Hospital staff in Mexico is used to dealing with medical tourists and are generally fluent in English. Therefore, communication shouldn’t be an issue.
- To find out how much surgery can cost, use a free medical tour estimate form. This can help you plan and budget for your trip.
- Mexico may have a different climate to that of your native country so it can be beneficial to check the weather forecast prior to travel and ensure you pack accordingly.
- Make sure that you have the appropriate documentation in place before entering the country. Mexico generally requires VISAs and passports on arrival, although this varies depending on your country of origin.
Traveling to Guadalajara for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- US citizens are required to take along thier passport and other valid travel documents while traveling to Mexico.
- They can do without Visa or tourist card for stay of 72 hours or less within “the border zone,” which extends 20 to 30 kilometers from the US border.
- Beyond this zone, the tourists must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also called an FM-T.
- Since Guadalajara is quite far from the US-Mexico border, the card can easily be obtained on arrival at the airport.
Things to do in Guadalajara
Guadalajara has plenty of entertainment options for its tourists. The historic city with a modern appeal can easily charm any traveler.
- Buses, taxis or subway – the local trasnport can be used to get around in Guadalajara
- They have many festivals and revelry throughout the year, and you may get a nice chance to exploe their culture.
- You may catch bullfights every Sunday at 4.30pm at Plaza de Toros(Bull ring).
- Get a taste of the real tequila. Drive, take a bus, or take the tequila Express to the beautiful countryside and indulge in the fun atmosphere with tequila shots and casually wandering mariachis.
- Take a visit to the Guadalajara Cathedral, which is an eclectic mix of gothic, neoclassical and palladian architecture.
- With the Cathedral at the center, four plazas form a cross, where you can stroll around.
- The city’s intriguing past can be viewed in its museums like Museo Paleontologia de Guadalajara, Museo Regional de Guadalajara, Museo de la Ciudad.
- Guadalajara also serves as a getaway to other great destinations, like Puerto Vallarta and Ajijic, a popular retirement place for American & Canadians. Ajijic is next to Lake Chapala, Mexico’s largest fresh water lake.
Tourist safety in Guadalajara
- Caution against petty crimes like purse snatching is a must for tourists, even though Guadalajara is a safe city.
- Outdoor restaurants, ATMs, and other busy places are the common targets of criminals, so be extra careful when in such places
- Be careful not do anything against the law; the Mexican police is strict against drugs and other illegal substances
- Must avoid unreasonably inflated bill with the food vendors as they may take rip people who are nto locals. Make sure you ask for the cost before buying anything from street food vendors.
Cost of Sleeve Gastrectomy in Guadalajara, Mexico
- For many, sleeve gastrectomy cost in Guadalajara, Mexico is one of the most important factors when choosing this medical tourism destination. VSG in Guadalajara, Mexico can save you as much as 50 price of the price quoted by any provider in a developed nation.
- Lower price doesn’t mean a difference in quality, however. Mexico has a lower cost of living when compared to countries such as USA, Canada and the UK. This price difference can therefore be passed on to the patient.
- Mexico has a number of state of the art hospital facilities staffed by internationally renowned surgeons, many of whom have trained and worked abroad.
- Mexican cities are easily reachable, and if you are from the US or Canada, you will not have to spend too much on travel.
- If you’re thinking about funding your medical trip to Guadalajara using financing options, it can be worth researching medical loan approval guidelines.
In addition to low costs and high quality medical care, opting for surgery in Mexico also gives you the opportunity to include a vacation. Guadalajara, in particular, is an interesting mix of the old and new. There are sparkling and modern skyscrapers juxtaposed between historical architecture and attractive scenery. Taken together, the potential to add a holiday to your trip along with significant savings is why many elect to have their gastric sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable Weight Loss Surgery or Bariatric Surgery at various hospitals in Mexico & many other world class destinations abroad. Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information.