Outpatient Gastric Sleeve Prices
For a Body Mass Index (BMI) Less Than 50:
Cash, Cashier’s Check, Credit Cards: $12,500
Financing the Entire Surgery: $14,000
For a BMI exceeding 50:
Cash, Cashier’s Check, Credit Cards: $15,500
Financing the Entire Surgery: $17,000
Our Package Price Includes
- Flight booking and travel assistance from Medical Tourism Corporation
- Bariatric Surgery consultancy by leading weight loss surgeon Dr. Thomas Umbach
- Surgeon team, surgery consumables and anesthesia
- Pre and post-op appointments along with psychological and nutritional evaluation
Note – The following are not included in our package price:
- Other required pre-surgery laboratory work, EKG, and surgical clearance
- Post-surgery prescription medications
- Protein shakes and vitamins
- Hotel and transportation
Our Special Tariffs for Hotel Stay in Nevada
We can arrange for your stay at the following hotels for special tariffs:
$74 per night
3041 St Rose Parkway
Henderson NV 89052
* To and fro transportation provided for the doctor’s office and airport only.
$75 per night for standard rooms and $85.00 per night for suites
421 Astaire Drive
Henderson NV 89014
* To-and-fro transportation provided between the doctor’s office, airport and the hospital.
Typical Gastric Sleeve Surgery Schedule
- Arrival: Wednesday or Thursday morning
- Pre-op with Dr. Umbach: Thursday between 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Nutrition Class: Thursday 12:30pm
- Surgery: Friday
- Post-op with Dr. Umbach: Monday morning
- Departure: Monday afternoon or Tuesday
Who Will Perform Your Surgery?
One of the foremost names in the field of bariatrics, Dr Thomas Umbach will perform your sleeve gastrectomy in Nevada. Below is the snapshot of Dr. Umbach’s profile:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Ranked among “TOP SURGEONS OF AMERICA” in bariatrics by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- 100% practice in bariatric surgeries
- Has been performing weight loss surgeries since 2000
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American Society of Bariatric Surgeons (ASBS)
Watch Dr. Thomas Umbach talk about VSG in Vegas by clicking on the hyperlink.
We at, MTC, firmly believe in providing maximum customer satisfaction and in the process have been able to gather a large number of postive patient reviews and testimonials. In one such testimonial video, Allyson, a Los Angeles resident, reviews gastric sleeve in Vegas (click on the link).
Gastric Sleeve Resection Indications:
- It is a restrictive form of weight loss surgery targeted at losing the excessive weight of the patient and improving the co morbid conditions.
- Like any other Bariatric Procedure, there are certain patient selection criteria for Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- Obese patients with BMI 40 and above are considered for surgery. Super obese patients with BMI more than 60 are ideal.
- Patients with BMI 35-40, having serious co-morbid conditions are also accepted.
- Patient whose obesity is not because of any other medical illness.
- Has been overweight for more than 5 years.
- Serious efforts of losing weight have failed.
- Age, health and dependency of alcohol of patients are also considered before surgery.
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Sleeve Resection
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve Resection
The Procedure Explained
- The core theme of Sleeve Gastrectomy is reducing the size of the stomach. This reduces the capacity of the stomach and gives the patient a feeling of fullness even after eating a small amount of food. The calorie intake is reduced thereby assisting in weight loss.
- In this process, the stomach is divided into two parts. The larger greater curvature part is cut and removed.
- This reduces the stomach into a small tube shaped organ.
- The hunger hormone gherlin producing portion also gets removed as it lies in the sleeved part. Therefore the feeling of hunger and food carving are minimized thereby helping weight loss.
- Performed laparoscopically. In some rare cases, an open surgery might be required.
Pros and Cons of Sleeve Gastrectomy
- The advantages of Gastric Sleeve Surgery are:
- Simple procedure that does not requires re-routing of stomach.
- Studies have claimed that this procedure is relatively safe surgical option for weight loss.
- It is found that the average weight loss outcome is almost 50 % of the excessive weight in 6 years.
- Some risks associated with this procedure are:
- Leakages of the sleeve
- Weight regain might happen due to stretching of the stomach tissues.
- Non-adjustable and non-reversible procedure.
- Injury to stomach and other organs during surgery.
- Standard surgical risks may occur like bleeding, reaction to anesthesia, and infection at the insertion site and many more.
Tourist Safety in Las Vegas, Nevada:
It is always advisable to follow basic safety tips to prevent any unwanted problems. Some of the steps are:
- Do not carry large sum of cash. Instead prefer traveler’s cheque.
- In case you win a jackpot, prefer requesting the casino manager to give you a traveler’s cheque instead of cash. The whole idea is not to carry large sum of money.
- Major Casinos are quite safe. They have strict security arrangement inside their premises.
- Contrary to popular belief, prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. There are places called brothels in few rural areas of Nevada where it is legal.
- Do not leave any valuables inside the car.
- Avoid taking deserted road. Prefer using well-light parking lots during night.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates low cost Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Vegas. Fill out the estimate request form for a free quote & more information.