Gastric sleeve is a bariatric surgical procedure aimed at facilitating weight loss by reducing the size of the stomach. In India, gastric sleeve costs are substantially lower than in the West, thereby making the country a good option for potential medical tourists looking for cheaper options abroad.
Package price includes 3-day hospital stay.
The above mentioned prices can be changed without any prior notification. We recommend that you fill the online quote form for the latest gastric sleeve prices.
What does the Package Include?
- Pre-operative tests
- Charges for the operation theater
- Surgery costs
- Surgeon’s fee
- Medications and other consumables related to the surgery
- 24*7 Nursing and medical care
- Food and beverages for the patient and her/his accompanying guest
- Free pick and drop to the airport
- Travel assistance, including help in air-ticket bookings
Why Choose India for Your Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery?
- You get to enjoy huge savings compared to US prices.
- Unlike the UK and Canada, India does not offer a long waiting list to her patients.
- The Indian medical education system adopts English as the medium of instruction; hence, medical tourists from other parts of the world don’t face any major communication problems here.
- You get quality treatment at a well-equipped hospital.
State-of-the-art Hospital at Your Service
We, at Medical Tourism Corporation, work with one of the foremost hospital chains spread across Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi to facilitate your gastric sleeve surgery. The hospital features the following:
- 4-5 operating theaters in each of the centers
- All the pre- and post-op bedrooms are equipped with gas lines, monitoring equipment and defibrillators.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment such as TMT, Ultrasound, Echo, and C-Arm
- In-house pathological laboratory
- Well-stocked pharmacy
- Virtual consultation and diagnosis
- Accommodation for both patient and their accompanying guests
Bariatric Surgeons We Work With
In our pursuit of excellence and patient satisfaction, we have partnered with only the best of the names in the field of bariatric surgery. Below is the profile of the bariatric surgeon we work with in Mumbai:
- Experience of performing hundreds of laparoscopic surgeries
- Imparted training to a number of MDs in laparoscopic surgery
- Holds the distinction of being the first surgeon in India to perform lap band and gastric bypass surgery in India
- Fellowships from the International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA
- Preceptor of the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons, LA, USA
- Honorary Associate Professor of Surgery at Grant Medical College
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Explained
- Gastric sleeve surgery involves removing nearly three-fourths of the stomach.
- This is done by making ¼- to ½- inch long incisions in the abdomen.
- The remnant stomach resembles a sleeve; hence the name.
- The effects of the surgery cannot be reversed.
- The surgery also gets rid of the portion of the stomach in which the hunger-inducing hormone ghrelin is produced.
- Likelihood of nutritional deficiencies after the surgery is quite low as there is no malabsorption involved.
Travel Information and Tips
Here are some tips and useful information to make your stay for gastric sleeve in India smooth and hassle-free:
- You need a visa to enter India.
- Your passport should have at least two blank pages and a minimum validity of 180 days.
- Airport codes of the major international airports in India are:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi – DEL
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai – BOM
- Bengaluru International Airport – BLR
- The Indian Standard Time (IST) is five hours and thirty minutes ahead of the Greenwich Meantime (GMT).
- The Indian currency is the rupee. Keep coins and notes (bills) in all denominations to pay for petty purchases.
- Always say a vehement “No” to touts.
- To avoid “Delhi belly”, stick to veggies for a few days after your arrival, drink only bottled water, and wash your hands before eating.
- The country telephone code is 91.
- Hindi is the most widely spoken language here. Some common words and phrases are –
- Hello – Namaste
- Goodbye – Namaste
- Thank you – Dhanyavad
- How are you? – Aap kaise hai (aap kay-say hay)
- Help! – Madad (muh-dud)
- I don’t understand. – Nahi samajh aa raha
- Do you speak English? – Kya aap English bolte hay?
- Excuse me – Maaf kijiye
Submit the free quote request form for more information on gastric sleeve in India.