Our Attractive Packages for Tijuana – Pay only $4,299 for Gastric Plication. Pre and post ops included. Free 2 night hotel stay. Free pick-up.
*Please fill the quote form for the latest prices and specials.
Obese people from the US and Canada now have an option for easy-on-the-pocket weight loss surgery not very far from their home country. They can get affordable gastric plication in Tijuana, a Mexican border town, for a significantly lower price than in the US. We, at Medical Tourism Corporation, bring you attractive gastric plication packages which cost just a fraction of the American prices.
Benefits of Traveling to Tijuana for Gastric Plication
- You pay only about 30% of the price charged for surgery in the USA.
- You do not have to face any waiting times to schedule your stomach plication bariatric surgery.
- Your experience would not be that “foreign” as Tijuana is culturally not very different from the United States.
- Getting there is easy – the nearest international airport is only 20 minutes away in San Diego, California.
- You won’t have to face any major language problems as the hospital we work with for your gastric plication has English-speaking staff.
Why Choose MTC For Your Weight Loss Surgery?
- FREE Hotel Stay for 2 Nights – We offer free hotel stay for 2 nights at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, Grand Hotel or Marriott Hotel.
- FREE Ground Transportation – We offer free pick-up services from the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN) or any hotel close to the border or the airport.
- Full Travel Assistance – We assist in making flight bookings and other travel arrangements.
- Quality Care for Rates Substantially Lower than American Prices:We facilitate quality yet low cost bariatric surgeries such as gastric plication, sleeve gastrectomy and lap band in the US-Mexico border area and major cities in Mexico.
Hospital Where Your Stomach Plication Surgery will be Performed
We will facilitate your gastric plication WLS in a leading hospital in Tijuana. This hospital is not very far from the border and has the following features and amenities:
- A state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- In-house clinical laboratories
- 24-hour cafeteria
- Reduced risks of infection because of compartmentalized air-conditioning system
- Own pharmacy which offers 30% discount on medications
- Special oxygen generation, storage and supply system
- Gratis access to wireless Internet
- Electricity backup with generators
- Well appointed, air-conditioned patient rooms
Average length of hospital stay is about 2 nights.
Bariatric Surgeon Who will Perform Your Surgery
We work with highly renowned bariatric surgeons to facilitate gastric plication in Tijuana. Here is the profile of our LEAD bariatric surgeon in the Mexican border town:
- Has performed more than 2,500 laparoscopic weight loss surgeriessince 2009
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- Trained in the US and Mexico
- Certified for Participation in Observation of Obesity Surgeries from the Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital in California – 2011
- Speaks fluent English
- Participated in numerous international conferences and congresses, such as the IFSO 2010 World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant at the 2012 World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
A Brief Outline of Gastric Plication Procedure
- It is a relatively novel minimally invasive weight loss surgery.
- Gastric plication involves reducing the capacity of the stomach to only 3 ounces.
- This is achieved by folding the stomach into itself.
- Since the procedure does not involve removal of any part of the stomach, it is a reversible procedure.
- The procedure is alternatively known as gastric imbrication.
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) should be 30 or more (with some exceptions for a lower BMI) to qualify with MTC for gastric plication.
- Gastric plication is a restrictive surgery that limits the amount of food one can eat, resulting in eventual weight loss.
- Many people prefer this type of restrictive surgery because it does not involve the use of medical implants, such as gastric bands that can slip and require correctional surgery.
Safety Tips for Mexico
Having qualms about traveling to Tijuana for your gastric imbrication surgery? Taking a few precautions should help make your stay safe.
- Make sure to use the same common sense that you would in any large city.
- Don’t wander on dark streets at night or drink to excess.
- Petty theft is the most commonly reported crime by foreigners in TJ, so do not flaunt cash or jewelry.
- Do not buy or use illegal drugs, and if you have prescription drugs, make sure to always keep the prescription handy to prove you bought them legally.
Useful Language Tips
Keep a list of the following most commonly used Spanish words and phrases with you:
- Yes – Si
- No – No
- Hello – Hola
- Bye- Adios
- Thank You – Gracias
- Please – Por Favor
- Sorry – Lo Siento
- Do you speak English?- Habla Ingles?
- When? – Cuando
- I don’t understand – No entiendo
Fill out the free estimate request form on the right for more information on gastric plication surgery in Tijuana – Mexico.