Can’t lose that stubborn weight despite exercise and diet? Worry not! Gastric bypass in Tijuana, Mexico, is here for the rescue.
The surgery costs, especially in the US and Canada, can be prohibitive.
Thankfully, getting bypass surgery in Tijuana can save you thousands of dollars.
RNY Gastric Bypass in Tijuana – Patient Testimonial
Are you ready to make the change?Click here
Want to keep the weight off with affordable gastric bypass packages? Read on.
Wondering about the gastric bypass prices in Tijuana? The following section will give you a good idea.
How Much Does Gastric Bypass Cost in Tijuana?
The cost of gastric bypass in Tijuana is $5,495.
If you get the surgery done in the US or Canada, you will pay around $21,000 to $23,000.
This means you get to save 70%-75% on surgery costs.
*Prices are case-dependent.
Want to learn more? Contact our team to get your free quote today!
Tijuana Gastric Bypass Packages
All inclusive gastric bypass Mexico packages include the following:
Now that we have looked at the Tijuana wls cost let’s see the benefits of surgery in this Mexican border town.
Why Choose Tijuana for Gastric Bypass?
- Tremendous Savings – Save almost $25,000 compared to the average price of gastric bypass in the US.
- Fast Access – The city is served by an American airport (the San Diego International Airport – SAN) located just 20 minutes away.
- Quality Care – We work with the foremost bariatric surgery center in Tijuana. They are equipped with the highest standard, having some of the best weight loss surgeons in Mexico.
- Easy Appointments – Scheduling an appointment is easy with us s there is minimum waiting time.
However, you want to ensure you’re in one of the best hospitals employing top surgeons.
Well, have a look below.
The Best Gastric Bypass Surgery Hospitals in Tijuana
Our top partner hospital for bariatric surgery in Tijuana is located near the US-Mexico border.
With more than 50 years of successful track record, the bariatric surgery & weight loss clinic in Tijuana offers you the following:
- Located 30 mins from the San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- State-of-the-art operating rooms
- Treatment by board-certified surgeons
- On-site lab, diagnostic imaging facility
- Free Wi-Fi access and phone calls to the US and Canada
- Parking facility and hotel on the top floor
Oasis of Hope
With state-of-the-art technology and board-certified surgeons, expect high-quality and affordable gastric bypass in Tijuana, Mexico.
Best Bariatric Surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico
Let’s meet our best gastric bypass surgeons in Tijuana.
Let’s look at how they helped transform our patients’ lives.
Before & After
Here are some patient transformation pictures reciting their success stories.
Before & After Gastric Bypass Surgery
Let’s now look at how exactly gastric bypass weight loss surgery in Tijuana is performed.
Understanding Gastric Bypass Procedure
LRYGB is the second most frequently performed bariatric procedure worldwide.Science Direct
Long-term results of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity
“Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGB) is the second most frequently performed bariatric procedure worldwide”
View in Article
In this procedure, the stomach size is reduced by dividing it into two parts using surgical staples.
The small upper part is where the chewed food will go. This pouch can hold only 1 ounce of food.
- The surgery also involves creating a bypass.
- This is done by connecting a part of the small intestine to a hole made in the new stomach pouch.
- As a result, a large section of the small intestine is bypassed.
- This also results in the absorption of fewer calories.
RNY gastric bypass in Tijuana can be performed in 2 ways.
- Open surgery – Making a large surgical cut in your belly
- Laparoscopy – Making 4 to 6 small cuts, and a tiny camera is used to see inside your belly
Gastric bypass surgery
“There are 2 steps during gastric bypass surgery: The first step makes your stomach smaller…It holds only about 1 ounce …The second step is the bypass….”
View in Article
Gastric Bypass in Tijuana: Follow up
After gastric bypass, you can expect to follow up with your Tijuana bariatric surgeon and dietitian within these time frames.
|Follow up with the Surgeon||Dietitian appointment|
|2 to 3 weeks||2 to 3 weeks|
|4 to 5 weeks||6 to 8 weeks|
|Every 3 weeks (for 1 year)||3, 6,9,12 months|
|Every 6 months / annually (after 1 year)||Every 6 months lifetime (after 1 year)|
*Follow-up may vary according to individual circumstances.
Source: Verywell HealthVerywell Health
Gastric Bypass Surgery: Recovery
“Surgery Follow-Up…Two to three weeks after surgery…Your dietitian appointments will occur…Two to three weeks after surgery…Six to eight weeks after surgery…”
View in Article
*The excess weight is calculated by subtracting the current weight from the ideal weight.
The recovery time will depend on your overall health and your healing process.
However, you can expect:Bariatric Surgery Source
Recovery from Gastric Bypass Surgery
“Your gastric bypass recovery will include: Timeline: 4 to 6 weeks to full recovery…Hospital Stay: 1 to 3 days…Time Off Work: 1 to 3 weeks”
View in Article
- Full recovery – 4 to 6 weeks
- Hospital stay – 1 to 3 days
- Time off work – 1 to 3 weeks
Now that you know how gastric bypass is performed and the recovery timeline, we urge you to check the patient testimonials below.
Gastric Bypass Tijuana Reviews
California patient review
Washington patient review
Overall, it’s worth making the trip to Tijuana for its bariatric services.
You’ll have the best surgeons doing your gastric bypass surgery in Tijuana while only paying a fraction of what you would in the US or Canada.
Contact our team today if you have any questions regarding your trip to Tijuana for gastric bypass bariatric surgery.
- Science Direct: Long-term Results of LRYGB for Morbid Obesity
- MedlinePlus: Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Verywell Health: Gastric Bypass Surgery: Recovery
- Journal of Obesity: Patient Factors Predicting Weight Loss after Gastric Bypass
- Bariatric Surgery Source: Recovery from Gastric Bypass Surgery