Below is the resume of Dr Sajan Hegde, MBBS, M.S.(Ortho), acclaimed internationally as an expert spine surgeon. Dr Hegde heads the Spine Unit at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, and is the first Indian to receive the prestigious Cotrel Spine Fellowship. He has pioneered the use of many modern instrumentation systems, for example, the Cotrel-Dubousset, the Moss Miami, and the Ray cages (PLIF), BAK cages and the Harms Mesh Systems in India.
Dr Hegde is the first Indian surgeon to design in collaboration with an international spine company, a comprehensive spinal instrumentation system for anterior fixation in a variety of spinal problems including spinal deformities, tumors, infections and injuries. The system is awaiting FDA clearance and will be marketed internationally soon. He is also a teacher in the DNB teaching program and trains aspiring surgeons from India and abroad.
Dr. Sajan Hegde - CURRICULUM VITAE
- 1980: MBBS, Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, Baroda
- 1985: M.S. (Ortho), Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, Baroda
- Conducted workshops nationally and internationally on spine surgery.
- Introduced Arthroplastic reconstruction of the lumbar and cervical discs with artificial discs in India.
- Participated in several international conferences on the different facets of spine surgery.
- Pioneered the use of modern instrumentation systems.
- Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Groupe International Cotrel Dubousset (GICD)
- Spine trauma study group, USA
Submit free quote request on right for considering spinal surgery by Dr. Sajan Hegde and other world class surgeons.