Dr. Rajeev Sood, a urologist from India, has more than 20 years of experience in the field of urology and has more than 800 renal transplant surgeries to his credit. He has worked with the Armed forces and has the credit of doing the first cadaver renal transplant and the first laproscopic live donor nephrectomy.
MBBS, MS. DNB (gen surg) MCh. DNB (Urol)
- Internship: 1980-81 Army Hospital Delhi Cantt.
- Medical Office: 1982-84 Military Hospital Panagarh. West Bengal.
- Surgery Training: 1984-86 Pune University.
- Clinical Tutor surgery: 1986-89. Armed Forces Medical College. Pune
- Surgical Specialist: 1989-91. Military Hospital Est 22
- Urology Training:1991-93. All India Institute of Medical Sciences. New Delhi.
- Consultant Urologist: 1993-97: Command Hospital Lucknow.
- Consultant Urologist: 1997-2003: Army hospital (R&R) New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant Uology: 2003 to 2011 Max Healthcare, DELHI.
- Senior Consultant Urology:Dec 2011 to date. Nova Health Care Hospitals
DETAILED SCOPE OF WORK
Dr.(Col) Rajeev Sood comes with more than 23 yrs of distinguished services with the Armed Forces and more than 20 years of super specialization in urology. A graduate of the ’76 batch of the Armed Forces Medical College, he is a Gold medalist through MBBS, MS and MCh.
As a surgeon, he was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India for performance beyond the call of duty. While with the Armed forces he has the credit of doing the first cadaver renal transplant and the first laproscopic live donor nephrectomy in the Armed Forces.
He took voluntary retirement from the Armed Forces in the year 2003. As a renal transplant surgeon he has to his credit more than 800 renal transplants. He is the driving force behind the Laser Prostatectomy programme in the country. He started Holmium enucleation prostate (HOLEP) in the year 1999 and later was the first to launch the High energy Green light laser prostatectomy programme in the country in 2003.
He has been active in the academic field and has been faculty at numerous Indian and International conferences and operative workshops, with numerous publications to his credit.
Ultrastructural changes in a long reversed segment of intestine in dogs. Published MJAFI Vol 2. 1987
Advanced course surgery, AFMC Pune 1984-86.
Courses Attended Internationally
- Training in ESWL: 1999. Henri Mondor Hospital Paris. France
- Training in Cryo surgery: 2001: University Hospital. Virginia. USA
- Training In Andrology. 2002. Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. USA.
- Training in green light laser prostate surgery: 2003. Kings Hospital. London.
Publications – Articles:
- Giant Prostatic hyperplasia – J: Post grad med
- Low energy ESWL in children – Indian pediatrics Feb 1994 : 31(218-21)
- Endo-pyelotomy – a minimally invasive surgical option for PUJ obstruction – MJAFI Oct2003 vol 59 issue 4 page 320-323
- Comparison of transrectal ultrasound, MRI and CT in staging of carcinoma in prostate – IND J UROL 1993: 10 (1) 7-10
- Giant staghorn uretral calculus – Urologia Internationalis 1995 vol 54 No 3 Page 177-178
- Primary amyloidosis of the urinary bladder – IND J UROL 2003 vol 19 issue 2 page 157-159
- Multi vessel renal transplant – IND J UROL 2004 vol 20 issue 2 page 130-133
Chapters in Books:
- Benign Prostatic hyperplasic and its management – Text of Geriatrics and Gerontology 2nd edition 2004 ANB Publishers
- Looking at surgery in a new light – Laser surgery for Benign Prostatic disease – Journal max Healthcare 2009
- Urachical Tumors – Advances in Uro-Oncology – 1995 Saurabh Publishers
- Changing trends in the management of Ureteric Calculi – an experience of over 1000 patients – Emerging concepts in stone disease and renal disorders – 1998 edition
Surgical Faculty & Papers presented in conferences:
- Surgical Faculty – Advanced Urology Workshop: Army Hospital R&R New Delhi – 2001
- Holmium Laser Enucleation prostate: In more than 100gm prostate – Asian Urology Conference 2002 Malaysia
- Surgical Faculty – Operative Workshop on Lasers in prostate surgery – North Zone Minimally Invasive Surgeon’s Society, Nov 2002, Pathankot
- Surgical Faculty – Advanced Urology Workshop: Army Hospital R&R New Delhi – 2003
- Surgical Faculty – Launch of Medical Point Urology Laser Institute – New Delhi, Nov 2003
- Surgical Faculty – Operative Workshop on Lasers in prostate surgery – Ramaswamy Medical Institute Chennai Feb 2004, Chennai
- Surgical Faculty – Operative Workshop on Lasers in prostate surgery – PROSURG July 2004, Pune
- Surgical Faculty – Operative Workshop on Lasers in prostate surgery – South Zone Urology Society Nov 2004, Kochi
- High power KTP Laser prostatectomy: the technique and its application in cases unfit for TURP – 22nd World Congress of Endo-urology 2005 New Delhi
- Guest Lecture – Expanse Urology – KTP laser prostate surgery – 2006, Uttarakand
- Surgical Faculty – PERCON Operative Workshop – Lions Hospital – 2007 New Delhi
- Guest Lecture – Expanse Urology – Green Light Laser vapo-incision prostate – 2008 Malaysia
- Guest Lecture – Expanse Urology – Cyber Green Enucleation prostate – 2011 Hongkong
- Surgical Faculty – PERCON Operative Workshop – Lions Hospital – Oct 2011 New Delhi
- Guest Lecture – Lasers in Urology– Green light Laser Enucleation prostate for more than 100mg prostate – Bangkok Nov 2011
- Clinical Tutor Surgery: 1986-89. Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
- Teacher in Urology: 1998-2003. Diplomate National Board India. Army Hospital (Research&Referral) New Delhi.
OTHER EDUCATONAL / PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY
- All India Higher Secondary: 1974 KV Pachmarhi
- BSc Part I : Holkar Science College. Indore