Dr. Andrés Hernández-Porras is a board certified urologist in Mexico practicing since 1994. Certified in Laparoscopic Reconstructive and Robot-Assisted Urology from the University of California – Irvine, Dr. Hernández-Porras has participated in numerous research studies.
He has been pioneering minimally invasive laparoscopic urology in Mexico and is an active member of the American Urological Association. Dr. Andres is currently serving as vice president of the ANUER (National Association of Urology Graduates from La Raza Medical Center).
Education and Training
- Masters degree in Health Sciences from Baja California State University
- Laparoscopy certification (2003)
- Laparoscopic Reconstructive and Robot-Assisted Urology Mini-Residency course at the University of California – Irvine, USA
- Observer at the University of California, Irvine (2004-05)
- Observer at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, USA
- Observer at the Center for Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery (CIMI)in Caracas, Venezuela
- Chief of Residents at Hospital de Especialidades Centro Medico La Raza in Mexico City (in 1992-93)
- Urology professor in Baja California State University, Tijuana campus since 1997
- Vice President of ANUER (National Association of Urology graduates from La Raza Medical Center)
- Director of four laparoscopy/endourology courses (2011-2014)
- American Urological Association
- Colegio Mexicano de Urología
- American Confederation of Urology (CAU)
- National Association of Urology Graduates from La Raza Medical Center
- Denosumab in hormone resistant prostate cancer
- Sildenafil vs. tadalafil, tamsulosin vs. terazosin and goserelin in advanced prostate cancer
Video Presentations in Annual Professional Meetings
Dr. Hernández-Porras has won prizes for the following video presentations:
- Ovarian Vein Syndrome
- Laparoscopic Prostatectomy: Step by Step and Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Intrafascial Technique
He has also presented the first zero ischemia laparoscopic partial nephrectomy case reported in Mexico as well as made podium and video presentations on large adrenal mass and experience in partial nephrectomy.
He has participated in over 107 urology courses as professor/moderator, some of which are:
- 24th World Congress of Endourology (WCE 2006) held in Cleveland, USA, 2006
- Centro de Cirugía Robótica, La Floresta, Caracas, Venezuela, 2007-12
- VI Congreso de La Asociación Latinoamericana De Cirugía Mínimamente Invasiva (SOLCIMI), Santiago, Chile, 2009.
- CAU Colombia, 2012
- 31st World Congress of Endourology (WCE 2013) held in New Orleans, USA 2013
- University of Southern California L.A. LIVE, Los Angeles, USA., 2013