Below is the resume of Dr. Jacobo Zafrani, specialist in Laparoscopic General & Bariatric Surgery (lap band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, hernia, gall bladder & more). Performs surgery cure for Type 2 Diabetes for non-obese patients. He is the Director of the Laparoscopic Training Institute in Costa Rica. He has extensive international (including USA) training & work experience.
Video Interview of Dr Jacobo Zafrani – by Medical Tourism Corporation
Jacobo V. Zafrani Z.- CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
SPECIALTY: Laparoscopic and General Surgery
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- January 2004: Graduated as general surgeon from the University of Costa Rica
- Basic training and course work in laparoscopic surgery procedures, Cendeis
- Advanced training and course work in laparascopic surgery procedures, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina
- Training and course work in laparoscopic colorectal surgery, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina
- Training and course work in gastric banding (Inamed), Panama
- Training and course work in gastric sleeve procedures, NY, USA
- VAC, Panama
- Postgraduate training in bariatric surgery, ALACE 2006
- Currently completing his doctoral thesis at the Salamanca University.
TEACHING AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Coordinated the first training seminar for advanced laparascopic surgery procedures in San Jose, Costa Rica.
CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical Union
- Society of Costa Rican Surgeons
- Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Association of International Surgeons
- IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity)