Below is the resume of Dr. Gustavo Chavarria from Costa Rica, specialist in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Chavarria has vast experience, is a Professor of Surgery, and has several publications to his credit. He practices at the Hospital Clinica Biblica, Hospital Mexico (San Jose) and the National Rehabilitation center in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Gustavo Chavarria – CURRICULUM VITAE
- General Medicine: Autonomous University of Central America, San Jose, Costa Rica
- General Surgery: University of Costa Rica, Hospital San Juan de Dios
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: National Autonomous University of Mexico, Hospital General de Mexico
- Certified by the Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates, USA, 1990
CONTINUOUS MEDICAL EDUCATION
- II National Medical Congress, San Jose, Costa Rica, November-December 1992.
- Lip and Cleft Palate Clinic, Guanajuato, Mexico, October 1994.
- XXVI National Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Puebla, Mexico.
- X Actualization in Burns Patient procedures and XV National Congress Mexican Burns Association, Vera Cruz, April 1995.
- International Symposium in Breast Reconstruction. Mexico D.F. October 1996.
- Symposium: Inheritance and Cancer. Mexico D.F. October 1996.
- Symposium: Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Mexico D.F. October 1996.
- Pre-test course for residents in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery. January 1997.
- I Glycolic Acid Peeling Seminar, Neostrata. August 1997. San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Course in Plastic Surgery. Costa Rican Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery. June 1998.
- Facial Aesthetic and Body Contouring Course. Costa Rican Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery. July-August 1998.
- III Aesthetic Surgery Course “Dr. Jose M. Arguedas Soto”. May 1999.
- Breast Reconstruction Course. Academic Foundation of the Iberolatinamerican Federation of Plastic Surgery.
- Expositor in Postgraduate Course in General Surgery. Management of Burns. Physician College of Costa Rica. April 2003.
- Expositor in Plastic Surgery Symposium. Management of Basal Cell Carcinoma. Hospital Clinica Biblica, May 2003.
- Expositor in IV Central American Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Breast Augmentation, June 2003.
- Expositor in IV Costa Rican Rehabilitation Medicine Congress. Tendon Transfer in Cerebral Palsy. May 2004.
- Participant in Plastic Surgery Symposium. Costa Rican Plastic Surgery Association. December 2005.
- Participant in “Corporal Contouring Techniques”. Costa Rican Plastic Surgery Association. February 2006.
- Participant in the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 18th Congress. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. August 2006.
- Participant in Plastic Surgery Symposium. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. San Francisco, USA. 2006.
- Professor in Surgery at the Universidad de Ibero America since May 1998
- Profesor of Surgery at the Universidad de Ciencias Medicas, “Andres Vesalio Guzman” since 2002
- Muscle damage by repeated ischemia and impact. “Problem of the histopathological analysis” in Cirugia Plastica, Vol 5, Num 3, 1995 pp 92-95.
- Repeated ischemia and impact in the rat serratus muscle. In Revista medica del Hospital General de Mexico
- Using scapular flap for reconstruction of the mandible. A case report. InActa Medica Costarricense.
- Pressure ulcers: surgical management in patients of National Rehabilitation Center, Agosot, from 1997 to 1999. In Cirugia Plastica Iberolatinoamericana. 28: 63-68. Jan, Feb, March 2002.
- Breast reconstruction with rectus abdominis flap: Report of the first 15 cases. In Acta Medico Costarricense. Vol 44, N1, Jan-Mar 2002. Third Prize for the best scientific article during 2002.
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Association of Residents and ex-residents in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Associate Professor with the Postgraduate Program in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Costa Rica
- Association of Plastic Surgery of the Mexico General Hospital
- Costa Rican Association in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- International Candidate, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Submit free quote request on right for considering plastic and reconstructive surgery by Dr. Gustavo Chavarria and other world class doctors, surgeons, physicians & specialists.