Below is the resume of Dr. Franklin Oconotrillo who is a leading ophthalmologist from Costa Rica. He performed the first Corneal Ring Implant in Costa Rica for keratinous treatment. He performs about 10 procedures every day.
Franklin Rechnitzer Oconotrillo – CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages spoken: English and Spanish
License no.: 5417
Specialty: Ophthalmology (Lasik, glaucoma and cataract procedures)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in General Medicine at the Universidad de Costa Rica
- Ophthalmology surgery at the Universidad de Costa Rica
- Rotation Internship: Pediatric Ophthalmology at Hospital Federico Gomez, Ciudad de Mexico
- 1998-2000: Hospital Mexico, resident.
- 2001-2003: Assistant physician in Ophthalmology, Hospital Mexico.
- 2004-2007: Manager, Outpatient Consultation in Department of the Clinica Oftalmologica de Costa Rica. Assistant physician specialist in Cataract surgery and corneal graft.
- 2000-2007: Eye Surgeon, specialist in LASIK Surgery. Main Physician in the Ophthalmologist department in the Hospital Clinica Biblica.
- 2003-2007: Ophthalmic Ultrasound Procedures in the Clinica Oftalmologica de Costa Rica
- 2005: Intracorneal Ferrara Rings training course in Bello Horizonte-Brazil with Paulo Ferrara. (Development).
- 2005: Current First Corneal Ring Implant in Costa Rica for Keratoconus treatment. Performed around 100 implants to this date.
- 2005: Verisize (phaquic intraocular lens implant) certified in Costa Rica
- 2006: Conductive Keratoplasty Certified, Costa Rica.
- Asociacion Oftalmologiac Costarricense since 2001
- Member of ASCRS since 2004.