Below is the resume of Dr. Carlos Ramirez from Costa Rica, who is a specialist in open & laparoscopic surgery (lap band, gastric bypass, & general surgeries). Performed over 3,500 open surgery procedures and over 1,000 advanced laparoscopic surgeries.
Carlos Francisco Quesada Ramirez – CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages spoken: English, Spanish, and Japanese
- 1985-1989: University Studies: Bachelor of Science in Health, Autonomous University of Medical Science of Central America (U.A.C.A.)
- 1990: Licensed in Medical Science (U.A.C.A.)
- 1991: M. D.
- 1992-1995: Postgraduation in General Surgery
- October 1996-February 1998: Student Research in Colon Diseases, Second Department.of Surgery, Medical School from the University of Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
- October 1996-May 1997: Treatment of Varicose Esophagus and Colangiopancreatography cotrograde, Diagnostical and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Second Department of Internal Medicine of the University of Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
- May 1997-January 1998: Postgraduate studies accredited by the Japanese Society of Gastroenterologists in the Endoscopy gastrointestinal Hospital, Hamamatsu Rosai, Shizuoka, Japan
- September 1997-Jan 1998: Training in Digestive Endoscopy (Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy) in the Medical Cooperation Hospital Matsuda in Shizuoka, Japan
- June-July 2002: Surgery course of Gastric Placement Lap Band and Gastric Lap-Band and advanced laparoscopic surgery accredited by Mecachrome Medical in the Angeles del Pedrega Hospital, Mexico DF.
- 2004-2005: Masters in Administration in Health Services, Santa Lucia University
- March 2004: Postgraduation course in “Managing Laparoscopic Morbid Obesity” accredited by Gastro Obese Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- September 2005: Training course in Lap Band (Adjustable gastric band)
- 1990: University Intern in Surgery, San Juan de Dios Hospital
- April to June 1990: Internal Medicine, Nacional Geriatric Hospital, Raul Blanco Cervantes, M. D.
- June-September 1990: Gynecology and Obstetrics, San Juan de Dios Hospital
- October to December 1990: Pedriatrics, San Vicente de Paul Hospital
- 1991: Social Service, Hospital Max Teran Vals of Quepos
- 1992-1995: General Resident in General Surgery, San Juan de Dios Hospital
- August to November 1995: Calderon Guardia
- January-March 1996: San Vicente Hospital of Heredia
- 1998: Surgery, Honorary Assistant of General Surgery, San Juan de Dios Hospital
- 1998 to 2006: General surgery, assistant surgeon, San Juan de Dios Hospital
- 1999 2001: General surgeon assistant of Raul Blanco Cervantes National Hospital, Gerontology Hospital
- 2005-2007: General Surgeon assistant of Clinica Biblica Hospital
- Major open surgeries performed as main surgeon: 3,500 procedures
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries performed as main surgeon: 1,000 procedures including 220 gastric bypass and 150 gastric bands per year
- 1989: City de Naranjo
- 1990: Day Center for Elderly Attention, Curridabat
- 1989: International Medical Teleconference XXIV Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course
- 1988: III National Congress of Medical Students of El Salvador
- 1988: Advances in Intern Medicine, Week of Baylor
- 1989: VII Actualization course in Pediatrics
- 1989: IV Student Medical Congress of Central America and Panama regarding Surgical Emergencies. Was General Secretary of this congress.
- 1990: IV National week and II International of Geriatric and gerontology
- 1991: Induction course for Social Service Doctors
- 1993: VI Congress of the Panamerican Society of Trauma
- 1994: LV Medical National Congress
- 1995: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation course
- 1995: Course of Advanced support for Trauma
- 1995: Course of Advanced Cardiology support
- 1995: II Internacional Congress of Actualization in Cancerology
- 2001: Gastroenterology Congress and Therapeutic Endoscopy
- 1990: Biopsycosocial changes in climate
- 1992: Fistulas Enterocutaneas Fistula post surgery of patientes Treated in the San Juan de Dios Hospital
- 1993: Colostomy for Treated Patients in San Juan de Dios Hospital
- 1994: Traumatic perforation of Esophagus in Treated Patients, treated in San Juan de Dios Hospital
- 1995: Thyroid carcinoma (Graduate work regarding General Surgery. Winner of the best job of the annual generation of General Surgeon Residents in San Jose, Costa Rica)
- Effect of Piroxicam and Acarbose As Chemopreventive Agents for Spontaneous Intestinal Adenomas in the APC Gene 1309 Knock out Mice. Publication in the International Japanese magazine Journal of Cancer Research, vol. 84. April 1998.
- Clinic Case: Carcinoma stomach Epidermoide, Carlos F. Quesada, M. D. Claudio Orlich Carranza, M. D., Medical Journal of Costa Rica 2002 – Vol. 4 No. 1 pp. 17-20
- Member of the Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons Endoscopic (ALACE)
- Member of the Laparoscopic Surgeon Society of Costa Rica
- Member of Japanese Gastroenterologists
Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery Video – Dr. Quesada
Submit free quote request on right for considering laparoscopic surgery byDr. Carlos Francisco Quesada Ramirez and other world class doctors.