Are you tired of trying to lose weight? Don’t lose hope as bariatric surgery in Mexicali can help you shed those extra pounds.
If you are wondering, “What is the cost of weight loss surgery in Mexicali?”, then bariatric surgery here range between $3,200- $4,100 only.
This means you end up saving nearly 70% of the cost back in the USA or Canada.
There are many reasons why weight loss surgery in Mexicali is cheaper than in the US and Canada.
The cost of weight loss surgery in the United States and Canada can be prohibitive, especially if you have a limited insurance cover. Therefore, many Americans and Canadians explore the option of having weight loss surgery in Mexico.
Medical Tourism Corporation (MTC) is an international medical travel facilitation company registered in the State of Texas. Over 14 years, we have facilitated 4500+ patients in achieving their health goals.
Our key features include:
According to the USA travel advisory, Baja California comes under Level 2, where you need to follow extreme caution while traveling.
Although Mexicali is not in the unsafe city list, however, the highway connecting Mexicali and Tijuana are marked risky because of poor cellular and poor road conditions.Travel.State.Gov
Mexico Travel Advisory
“…Due to poor cellular service and hazardous road conditions, …
There are no additional restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Baja California…”
View in Article
Obesity means having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more.The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
Definition & Facts for Bariatric Surgery
“…Obesity is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more. BMI is a measure of your weight in relation to your height…”
View in Article.
An ideal candidate for weight loss surgery is if the BMI is ≥40. Or those who are obese and have comorbidities like diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, or sleep apneaMayo Clinic
“…bariatric surgery could be an option for you if: Your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher (extreme obesity). Your BMI is 35 to 39.9 (obesity), and you have a serious weight-related health problem, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or severe sleep apnea…”
View in Article.
Following weight loss surgery options are available in Mexicali:
Our partner weight loss surgery hospital in Mexicali is Hospital de la Familia. It was founded in 2003 and is located just 200 yards from the California East border gate. Nearly 60% of its patients are from the USA.
The weight loss surgery hospital is equipped with state of the art facilities. The hospital offers:
Dr. Marco Sariñana is the leading weight loss surgeon in Mexicali. His training includes:
Peggy King from New Zealand came to Mexicali for her gastric sleeve surgery. She is delighted with the treatment provided at the Hospital de la Familia. Other facilities like clean rooms, wifi, Netflix, polite staff also impressed her a lot.
Mexicali is an industrial town situated on the border of California, USA. It is the capital city of Baja California in Mexico.
As Mexicali is a border city, one can quickly drive across via Calexico, California.
Traveling by road takes approximately 2 hours from San Diego. You can also park your car at the airport if you choose to drive down.
Check out the airport parking fee description here.
US-Mexico Border Crossing
You can also cross the US-Mexico border as a pedestrian. Check out the border cross-time on US Customer and Border Protection official page here.
One can also fly down to Mexicali via the General Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada International Airport (IATA- MXL), which is located 12 miles from the border.
However, air travel is not very popular as there are no direct international flights.
In case of emergency in Mexicali, contact on the below numbers:
Mexicali does not have a US embassy or consulate. The Baja California state comes under the jurisdiction of US Consulate in TijuanaUS Embassy & Consulates in Mexico
Find Your Consular Location
“…The US Consulate in Tijuana provides consular services to residents of the states Baja California Norte and Baja California Sur…”
View in Article.
Therefore, the US Consulate in Tijuana provides consular services to residents of the states Baja California Norte and Baja California Sur.
Learn some quick spanish here:
1. Pacific Standard: Medical Tourism is Booming in Mexico
2. Expatistan: Cost of living in the United States compared to Mexico
3. Travel.State.Gov: Mexico Travel Advisory
4. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: Definition & Facts for Bariatric Surgery
5. Mayo Clinic: Bariatric Surgery
6. World Journal of Gastroenterology: Five-year outcomes of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy as a primary procedure for morbid obesity: A prospective study
7. Journal of Heliyon: The advantages and disadvantages of sleeve gastrectomy; clinical laboratory to bedside review
8. Journal of F1000Prime Reports: Quick fix or long-term cure? Pros and cons of bariatric surgery
9. Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology: Intragastric Balloons for Obesity Management
10. Annals of Surgery: Duodenal Switch Provides Superior Weight Loss in the Super-Obese (BMI ≥50kg/m2) Compared With Gastric Bypass
11. US Embassy & Consulates in Mexico: Find Your Consular Location
12. Journal of Obesity Surgery: Duodenal Switch Is Superior to Gastric Bypass in Patients with Super Obesity when Evaluated with the Bariatric Analysis and Reporting Outcome System (BAROS)