Dr. Hernandez was born in Bologna, Italy and received his medical degree from the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Mexico in 1985. He completed his residency training in Urology at the University of Costa Rica. He has written several works in different medical journals in Costa Rica, and presented major essays in conferences in Germany and Costa Rica. He has performed more than 2,800 surgeries and has special training from the Würzburg University in Germany.
Dr. Hernandez is an active member and participator of the Association of Medical Urologists of Costa Rica (AMUC), American Federation of Urology, International Society of Urology (SIU), and the American Society of Urology (ASU).
Education and Training
- Medical Degree 1985 – Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Mexico
- Residency Urology 1992 – Universidad de Costa Rica
- Fellowships 1994 – University of Würzburg, Germany
Professional Associations / Affiliations
- Association of Medical Urologists of Costa Rica (AMUC)
- American Confederation of Urology (CAU)
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Colegio de Médicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica #3336
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. Avelino Hernandez and other world class doctors.