Dental Bone Graft Surgery in Costa Rica
Dental implants are an effective solution to missing teeth. However, if you do not have enough bone in your jaw or if it is too soft for the implant to hold, then you may need a bone grafting surgery. If the costs of the procedure in your home country have been bothering you, you may want to consider dental bone grafting surgery in Costa Rica.
How Much For Dental Bone Grafting for Implants?
Dental implant bone grafting costs about US$770 (per section of one/two teeth) with us in Costa Rica.
You save almost 70% over the prices charged in the United States. We recommend that you fill in the online quote form so that we can get back to you and send you the updated prices as the website may not reflect the latest information.
Dental Bone Grafting Procedure Explained
If your jaw lacks sufficient bone to support dental implant, then you will have to go in for bone grafting.
Bone grafting, also known as bone augmentation, involves adding bone (from other parts of your body) or bone-like material to the jaw.
You will have to wait for several months for the grafted bone to fuse to your jaw.
Dentists usually wait for four to nine months after bone graft surgery before installing dental implants.
Why Choose Costa Rica for Dental Bone Graft Surgery?
- Choice of a number of well equipped dental clinics.
- Treatment from board-certified and well experienced dentists.
- Ease of travel, given the geographical propinquity of the country to the USA and Canada.
- Ease in obtaining dental appointments, as waiting lists are non-existent here.
- No major culture-shocks faced, as a number of Americans throng the country for dental work every year.
San Jose, the capital of the country where your dental bone grafting procedure will be performed, is served by its own international airport.
About the Clinic Where Your Surgery Will Be Done
Your teeth bone graft surgery for dental implants will be done at one of the foremost clinics here which has been providing quality dental work since 1999. The salient features of the clinic have been highlighted as follows:
Certifications and accreditations:
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF)
- PROMED’s Seal of Quality
- Memberships of clinic dentists:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Association of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica
- Fully functional dental lab within the premises
- Bilingual dental staff (with some doctors also fluent in Portuguese, Italian and French)
- A special call center catering to international patients
- Customized package deals
- 8 special operating rooms
- CAD/CAM dental system
- 3-D dental imaging technology
Additional Facilities You Get
- Personalized travel assistance
- Concierge services
- Complimentary ground transportation (between airport, dental office and selected hotels)
- Special tariffs for hotels with which the clinic has tie-ups
- 100% guarantee on all dental works
- Special VIP service at the San Jose airport on arrival (from the time you enter the custom area till the time you reach the exit gate the airport)
Travel Documents Required
- US and Canadian citizens with a valid passport and prepaid return ticket can stay for up to 90 days in the country without any visa.
- If there is need for a longer stay, a request for an extension may be submitted to the Department of Immigration.
- The country is very strict with regards to overstaying visitors and may deny visas to people with previous overstaying history.
- All the necessary documentation required for a visit outside the country must be carried by the medical tourists.
More Than Just A Dental Bone Graft Trip to San Jose
In a typical scenario, tourists stay in the country for about 11 days for their surgery, enough to recuperate from the procedure. Patients visiting San Jose for dental bone grafting procedures can combine their surgery with a vacation. The major tourist spots in and around the Costa Rican capital are:
- The Gold Museum
- The Jade Museum
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens (about one hour from the city)
- Irazu Volcano (about 34 miles away)
- Manuel Antonio National Park (about 82 miles away)
The country is also famous for adventure tourism. White water rafting, jungle canopy safaris, bungee jumping and SCUBA diving are extremely popular among the visitors.
Dental bone graft surgery in Costa Rica also gives you a chance to experience the unique culture of the country.
Submit the free quote request form for more information on dental bone graft surgery.