Though losing excessive weight is imperative for leading a healthy life, tremendous weight loss can result in huge amount of redundant, hanging skin around the neck, abdomen, thighs, breasts, and face. Getting rid of sagging skin is now possible at affordable rates, thanks to economical body contouring surgery after weight loss offered by hospitals in India.
Fill out the free estimate request form on right for more information.
Body contouring, also known as body shaping, helps eliminate excess skin and fat left after losing a significant amount of weight. It is also a blessing for formerly morbidly obese people (with a BMI of more than 40) who have lost immensely following bariatric surgeries.
An increasing number of offshore patients are thronging India to avail quality medical services without burning a hole in their pockets. India is a leadingmedical tourism destination in the world. According to a study conducted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), medical tourism in India has the potential of becoming a $2.3 billion industry by 2012.
Overview of Body Countering Surgery
Body contouring plastic surgery primarily involves removal of extra skin or fat that continues to remain in various parts of the body after weight loss.
Body contouring involves the following plastic cosmetic surgeries:
- Arm lift or brachioplasty for tightening the arms.
- Body lift, either targeting the entire body or only the problematic areas for getting rid of redundant skin.
- Breast lift or mastopexy for changing the shape of a woman’s breasts which tend to sag after pregnancy or immense weight loss.
- Liposuction for chiselling the body.
- Tummy Tuck or abdominoplasty for a flatter and firmer abdomen.
- Thigh lifts for toning the thighs and getting rid of unsightly hanging skin.
It is imperative to remove the lax and redundant skin folds due to the following reasons:
- Rubbing of redundant skin can cause rashes, sores, and infections.
- Skin becomes more prone to breaking down.
- Fitting into clothes can become a gargantuan task.
- Self esteem can also hit a rock bottom.
Why Body Contouring Treatment in India?
There are a number of advantages of undergoing body contouring surgery in India.
- The quality of healthcare in India is at par with that of the developed countries.
- There are a number of ISO and JCI accredited hospitals in India which strictly comply with the stringent safety and quality standards.
- Plastic surgery after weight loss in India can be very cost effective. Cost of body contouring after weight loss in India is only a fraction of that in the European and American countries.
- The drawback of long flight hours gets negated by the cost advantage offered by body contouring treatments in India.
- Often insurance companies do not cover procedures like body contouring after weight loss; though in some cases, plastic surgeries after bariatric treatments might be covered. Indian hospitals can be a feasible option for those lacking insurance cover.
- English is widely spoken in India and most of the doctors and hospital staff are conversant in English. Some Indian hospitals also have in-house language interpreters.
- There is a large pool of doctors and surgeons in India having international experience. A number of have undergone training in countries such as the US and the UK.
- You may consider the aid of a medical tourism agency to plan the complete itinerary and connect you to reputable doctors and hospitals in India. One can also request free estimates before planning the medical trip.
Sightseeing in India
A medical trip for undergoing cosmetic surgery in India gives offshore patients the opportunity to combine a healthcare vacation with sightseeing. India is known for its rich cultural heritage and is a shopper’s paradise. India has a lot to offer to everyone-
- Enjoying the sun and sand in Goa
- Splendid art and architecture of the Taj Mahal in Agra
- Reliving the days of yore in the palaces and forts of Rajasthan.
- Rejuvenating spas, massages, and Ayurvedic treatments in Kerala.
- Spirituality, meditation, and yoga classes on the banks of the Ganges in Rishikesh
- Zorbing and para gliding in the verdant hills of Manali in Himachal Pradesh.
International patients can ask their medical tourism companies to incorporate travel itineraries into their healthcare schedules. Affordable medical care made possible by strategic use of Information Technology in the healthcare industry and low cost of living, coupled with good post surgery care makes the decision for undergoing body contouring surgery after weight loss in India a rewarding one.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates low cost body contouring after weight loss in India. Fill out the free estimate request form on right for more information.