If you are suffering from debilitating back pain that is impacting the quality of your life, it is time to seek pain-relieving spine surgery in Tijuana – Mexico. Low-cost treatments in well-equipped and well-staffed hospitals have made medical tourism in Mexico a popular choice with patients from all over the world.
According WebMD Health News report by Salynn Boyles published on February 12, 2008, the cost of diagnosing and treating backache in the United States has skyrocketed. Citing a study published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, the report finds that the price of treating back and neck pain has gone up by 65 percent from 1997 to 2005. Nationally it cost Americans an estimated $86 billion in 2005, and this cost has been trending upwards. So if you are hit by severe back pain that is causing mental stress and physical hurdles, look into the option of getting treated at Mexican hospitals for pain relief.
What is Spinal Surgery?
Spine surgery is increasingly being used to treat chronic back pain. Patients are seeking out surgery for the following conditions:
- Nerve impingement due to bulging or ruptured disc.
- Degenerative disc disease.
- Nerve root syndromes such as sciatica.
- Fractured vertebrae and unstable spine due to injury or osteoporosis.
- Progressive conditions such as scoliosis (curvature of the spine), kyphosis (a humpback deformity), and spondylolisthesis (forward slippage of a spinal segment).
Since back pain can seriously inhibit your daily activities, cause instability in movement, and impact your bowel and bladder control, it is important to seek treatment. If all else fails to relieve you from excruciating pain, you can explore the following options for affordable spine surgery in Tijuana.
- Discectomy: An open surgery that removes the ruptured portion of a disc to relieve irritation and inflammation of the impacted nerve.
- Vertebroplasty: Used to stabilize fractures; bone cement is injected into the compressed vertebrae.
- Kyphoplasty: Similar to vertebroplasty though more expensive; surgeons insert a balloon-like device to expand compressed vertebrae before bone cement is injected.
- Fusion: Spinal fusion permanently links two or more bones in the spine to alleviate pain from degenerated or injured discs besides treating spinal fractures.
How Much Does Laser Spine Surgery Cost in Mexico?
Low cost of living, affordable medical services and proximity to the U.S. make Mexico a beacon of medical help for those who cannot afford expensive yet necessary treatment options.
Patients seeking surgical options for back and neck pain could easily save 40 to 60 percent in costs if they sought any form of spinal back surgery in Tijuana.
Other Reasons for Choosing Spinal Surgery in Tijuana
There are multiple advantages of undergoing lumbar spine surgery in Tijuana.
- Not only are Mexican medical services highly affordable but they come with high levels of efficiency and hygiene.
- Many hospitals in Tijuana are comparable to those in the U.S., Canada or Europe. With international standards of operation, these hospitals use top-of-the-line equipment and cutting edge technology to perform low cost spine surgery, in Tijuana Mexico.
- Highly trained and widely published orthopedic surgeons will perform your laser spine surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Most of these highly trained orthopedic surgeons in Mexico have worked in the U.S. and speak fluent English.
- There are almost no waiting periods in Mexico for consultations or scheduling surgeries. So you can meet your spine specialist in Tijuana, Mexico without any delays.
- For American patients, the proximity of Tijuana to San Ysidro translates into time and money savings. Additionally, patients do not have to endure back pain usually caused by lengthy travel. This is a huge advantage for people seeking spinal surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.
Safety Tips for Medical Travelers to Tijuana, Mexico
- Before signing up for minimally invasive spine surgery in Tijuana, Mexico, take the time to do due diligence.
- Be cautious and use common sense during your visit to avail back surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Leave your valuables at home. Be wary of pickpockets and remain in well-traveled parts of the city.
- Before traveling for any procedure such as a lumbar laminectomy in Tijuana, go through all the travel directives issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- Limit the amount of currency you carry while your stay for spinal surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Most Mexican businesses will accept U.S. dollars as well as major credit cards.
- Do not indulge in illegal activities such as buying or using drugs, while in Tijuana for lumbar spine surgery. Stay in well-lit areas and avoid venturing out alone in the dark. Tijuana has a bad rep for narcotics related violence.
With its top-rated surgical centers, accredited orthopedic surgeons, and low cost procedures, spine surgery in Tijuana – Mexico is an optimum choice. And along with the medical advantages come the touristic attractions:Â the vibrant promenades and squares, the bullring, and the sparkling beaches.
So head for back surgery in Tijuana – Mexico and you will soon be dancing to the infectious beats of Nortec, a fusion of northern-Mexican music and electronic music because of the vanished pain as well as the pretty penny saved.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates low-cost spine surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. For more information, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.