A weak chin, bad bite or disproportionate facial structure can be corrected through orthognathic surgery. With the without-insurance prices of the surgery, alternatively known as corrective jaw surgery, running into five digits, it is to see why the Mexican border town of Los Algodones makes a good choice for orthognathic surgery.
The border town is known for quality dental work available for just a minuscule percentage of the American prices. Read on to know more about what oral surgery in the Mexican border town entails.
Benefits of Corrective Jaw Surgery in Los Algodones
- Orthognathic surgery will cost just a fraction of the US prices
- Proximity of the border town to the USA – the border town in Mexico is just about 9 miles from Yuma, Arizona
- Internationally accredited dental clinics
- American Dental Association-member dental surgeons
- Zero wait times
- No language barriers as we work with English-speaking dental professionals
Cost Savings: Mexico vs. USA and Canada
Cost in USA
Cost of Surgery in Canada
Savings in Mexico
The above mentioned prices are self-pay prices. To know the cost of orthognathic surgery in Los Algodones, fill our online-quote request form now.
An Overview of Orthognathic Surgery
- The common maxillofacial deformities corrected by orthognathic surgery are:
- Protruded upper jaw or maxilla, which makes it difficult for the person to close the lips. Those with a protruding upper jaw also have a visibly gummy smile.
- Retruded upper jaw, which is more common in people with a cleft palate or lip.
- Protruded mandible or lower jaw, which results in a long jaw.
- Retruded lower jaw, which results in a weak chin or a bird face.
- Facial asymmetries, resulting in one part of the face being under or overdeveloped.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) ankolysis resulting in difficulty in opening the mouth and reduced growth of the lower jaw.
- Treatment involves both the oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the orthodontist to closely work with each other.
- Orthognathic surgery is not to be confused with the similar sounding orthodontic treatment.
- The first phase of orthognathic surgery, however, involves correcting the alignment of teeth through orthodontic treatment.
- This is followed by orthognathic surgery which involves repositioning the jaw(s).
- Average surgery time is one and a half hours.
Medical Tourism Corporation has been serving medical tourists from all parts of the globe for over a decade. We have a successful track-record of facilitating smooth, hassle-free and completely value-for-money dental trips of a number of residents of the US and Canada to the Mexican dental tourism capital.
One such customer of ours, Glynn Vickers, a businesswoman from Sun City, California, had this to say in her dental review of Los Algodones:
|“I couldn’t wish for a better doctor, he was wonderful and everyone…And saving money, oh my goodness!…I would say yes, at least 70% I’ve saved and it’s wonderful…I’ve been treated very well…”|
Leading Algodones Dental Clinic for Jaw Surgery
We work with one of the top dental clinics serving the Mexican border town. Some of the highlights of the clinic are as follows:
- Receives more than 2,500 patients annually
- Conveniently located just two blocks from the Andrade border crossing
- The ability of its dental professionals and safety of the clinic has been certified by Dr. Ronald Peterson, a US board specialist in periodontics
- Dental professionals with experience varying from 5 to 25 years and serving customers primarily from the US and Canada
- Their credentials include education and training from prestigious institutions and organizations such as the Harvard Medical School and Mega’Gen Implants Factory in Seoul, Korea
- On-site laboratory which helps cut down treatment time
- One of the few clinics in the Mexican border town featuring panoramic radiograph equipment
- Payment modes: Cash (US dollars), cashier’s checks, personal and traveler’s checks, debit / credit card (4%transaction fee extra), wire transfer
Useful Info for Dental Travel in Los Algodones
- Los Algodones is often quoted as the dental tourism mecca of the world.
- It is a popular destination for Americans and Canadian senior citizens seeking cheap and quality dental work.
- The city is a lot safer than other border towns of Mexico.
- Distance from some of the closest American cities:
- Somerton , Arizona – 7 miles (12 km)
- Calexico, California – 45 miles (72 km)
- Imperial, California – 50 miles (80 km)
- Palm Springs, California – 131 miles (210 km)
- Spring Valley, San Diego California – 132 miles (212 km)
- Imperial Beach, California – 139 miles (223 km)
- San Diego, California – 141 miles (228 km)
- To enter the Mexican border town, you will have to take California.186 on I-8, which will take you to Andrade, the US Port of Entry.
- You can choose to park your car on the American side of the border and then walk down to the clinic on the other side of the border.
Submit the free quote request-form on the right for more information on orthognathic surgery in Los Algodones, Mexico.