A number of people who choose elective surgery abroad (Mexico, India, Thailand, Costa Rica, etc.) consider medical loans/credit. Below are minimum guidelines that most loan processing companies consider for overseas medical loan approval.
- Consistent employment of 2 years or more (same field of business).
- Gross Monthly income of $ 1500.00.
- Minimum FICO score 580 with no open collections (small open collections are acceptable), or unsatisfied judgments.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged for 2 years to the month.
- Minimum 2 years established a credit history with unsecured credit extended.
The addition of a qualified co-signer can still qualify someone who does not meet all of the above criteria; however, the co-signer must also meet such criteria.