Does the high costs of bariatric surgery in western countries make you numb?
Don’t worry! Bariatric Surgery Cost Abroad will save up to 80 – 90% even if you lack insurance.
Medical tourism is a pocket-friendly solution for people who can’t afford the self-pay price of the procedure in their home country.
Bariatric surgery in Mexico, Costa Rica, Turkey, and India is a cost-effective weight loss surgery tool.
Bariatric Surgery Before and After
Lose extra pounds while saving 80%-90%!Request quote
How Much Bariatric Surgery Costs Abroad?
The cost of bariatric surgery in western countries is much higher as compared to the countries like Mexico, Costa Rica, India, etc.
For instance, a gastric sleeve surgery in the US costs you around $27,000, whereas it cost around $3,250 for the same procedure in Turkey and $4,400 in Mexico. This is how you can save 83% to 87% on costs.
The cost of gastric bypass surgery in the US is around $25,000, and the same procedure will cost you around $2,150 in Turkey and $5,490 in Mexico. Look! You end up saving around 80% to 90%.
Following are some weight loss surgery price quotes around the world:
|Country||Gastric Bypass||Gastric Sleeve|
Prices are subject to change. Please connect with our team to plan your medical trip & get a FREE quote.
Weight Loss Surgery Abroad: Package Price Inclusions
Typical price inclusions for our bariatric surgery package abroad for Mexico, India, and the United States (Las Vegas) are listed below:
|US-RD diet prog.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Phone calls & Wi-Fi||Yes||Yes||Yes|
What May Result in Additional Charges?
Let’s decode the above equation. The rule of thumb is that if the cost of bariatric surgery abroad and the travel expenses is lower than the price quoted by your local surgeons and hospitals.
Consider medical tourism!
- Extra medication or an additional hospital stay
- Discovery of a hiatal hernia during surgery
- A body mass index (BMI) exceeding 50*, which requires a longer OT time and anesthesia, and extra hospital stay
(*People with a BMI of 40 or more are morbidly obese.)
- All expenses for stay beyond the package period
- Professional charges of other consultants
- Any other additional procedure
- Use of special drugs/consumables
- Blood and blood products
- CT/MRI or any other complex lab investigations
- Pre-operative labs, EKG and surgical clearance*
- Post-operative prescription medicines
- Protein shakes & vitamins
(*Usually covered by insurance)
If you choose medical tourism for bariatric surgery abroad, make sure you factor in the following too:
- Additional travel expenses
- Hotel stay not covered by the package
- Meals not part of the package
- Visa and passport costs, if applicable
- Currency fluctuations
- Expenses related to the accompanying guest (please note we offer free stay for one guest in Mexico)
Factors affecting the cost of gastric bypass in a medical tourism destination are:
- Cost of living in the desired destination
- The extent of competition among the local bariatric surgery providers
- The reputation of the weight loss surgeon
- The chosen hospital or surgery center
How To Pay for Bariatric Surgery Without Insurance?
Not every health insurance policy covers the procedure. Insurance companies don’t pay for gastric bypass unless they deem it medically necessary.
You will have to check if your provider offers insurance coverage for it.
Some of the ways to finance gastric bypass in the absence of gastric bypass coverage are:
Medical Tourism for Self-pay Surgery
- In case your insurance doesn’t offer coverage, you may consider medical tourism.
- We facilitate gastric bypass in all the leading medical tourism destinations around the world.
- Click here for a free price estimate.
- It is a way to raise funds for a particular problem using the Internet.
- Crowdfunding sites are a ready platform for online fundraising for surgery.
- Generally, people respond with generous donations.
- That’s because they prefer lending a helping hand directly rather than through a non-profit.
- Popular crowdfunding sites for raising funds for surgery: GoFundMe, GiveForward, and FundRazr.
- It refers to the phenomenon of replacing a previous loan with a new credit for the surgery.
- It utilizes the same collateral as used in the old debt. It involves the revision of the monthly installment payment plans.
- The new payment plans will be based on the new interest rate and the amount borrowed.
- Here is a detailed read on refinancing for weight loss surgery.
- It involves bringing together a bunch of people who pool in part of their income for a specific cause.
- All the members of the pool agree to a pre-defined payment period. They take turns receiving the lump sum.
Loans from Friends and Family
- Another option is to take an informal loan from friends or family.
- One can avail such loans without extensive paperwork.
- A CareCredit card can come in handy if you have high deductibles.
- It also helps with high fixed out-of-pocket payments or co-insurance.
- You can also utilize it for surgeries not covered by your insurance plan.
- This healthcare credit card only covers bariatric surgeons and facilities in the United States.
- For a procedure costing $2,500 or more, financing plans with a tenure between two and six years are available.
Is Bariatric Surgery Covered by Medicaid?
- Not all states’ Medicaid programs cover gastric bypass surgery.
- Mississippi is the state which doesn’t give coverage.Mississippi Division of Medicaid
Bariatric surgery not currently covered by Medicaid
“Medicaid enrolled health-care providers should be advised that Mississippi Medicaid does not currently cover bariatric surgery.”
View in Article
- Medicaid program helps low-income group people irrespective of their age.
- Medicare is an insurance program covering people aged above 65 years.
- The program does not consider income levels.
- To qualify for Medicare, the candidate should choose to have weight loss surgery at a bariatric center of excellence only.
What Are the Advantages of Bariatric Surgery?
Weight loss surgery results in better self-esteem and overall quality of life.
It also causes a reversal of life-threatening diseases, such as:
- Type II diabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Breathing troubles
- Acid reflux
- Heart disease
Source: Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic
“In addition to weight loss, gastric bypass surgery may improve or resolve conditions often related to being overweight, including: Heart disease High blood pressure Obstructive sleep apnea Type 2 diabetes”
View in Article
Weight Loss Surgery vs. Weight Loss Drugs
Other Things You Need to Know
- The success of the procedure depends on the changes in eating habits after surgery.
- Exercising regularly after weight loss surgery is also recommended and helps patients lose weight more rapidly.
- Not following the doctors’ post-surgery instructions might result in no or minimal benefits.
- Minimally invasive bariatric surgery done laparoscopically speeds up recovery and reduces pain.ASMBS
Bariatric Surgery Procedures
“They are performed with small incisions using minimally invasive surgical techniques (laparoscopic and robotic surgery). These advancements allow patients to have a better overall experience with less pain, fewer complications, shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.”
View in Article
- Some people may require plastic surgery to treat droopy skin from losing weight.UPMC
Life After Weight Loss Program
“Almost all parts of the body can be affected by loose skin after weight loss. The most common area that people are concerned with is the belly..The best time to consider plastic surgery in when you are as close to your goal weight as possible and are weight stable. This is usually 12-18 months after the gastric bypass surgery or gastric banding. ”
View in Article
- They may have to undergo plastic surgery a year or more after having the gastric bypass.
- According to the National Centre for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), bariatric surgery is successful when the patient loses 50-70% percent of his excess weight.NCBI
Long-Term Weight Outcomes after Bariatric Surgery
“A successful outcome of bariatric surgery is one that achieves a loss of 50–70% of excess weight”
View in Article
- One can be back to work in about three to six weeks after the surgery.NHI
“You’ll be able to start to return to your normal activities 4 to 6 weeks later.”
View in Article
How MTC Can Help You?
- We offer all-inclusive weight loss packages at carefully screened accredited facilities abroad.
- Our aim is to give people in financial distress easy access to pocket-friendly WLS.
- We are a Better Business Bureau (BBB) A+ ranked US corporation. Our negotiated prices ensure you get quality care for just a fraction of the US costs.
- Patient satisfaction and top-notch post-op care form the core of our philosophy.
- We believe in transparent pricing. For an instant quote in your inbox, fill the contact form.
- We’ve helped thousands of people get access to bariatric surgery since 2007. Check out our client ratings and reviews.
- We can help you with flexible payment plans and loans in case you can’t afford cash-pay surgery.
- We offer medical tourism complications cover in case of a surgery-related problem later.
- Our panel includes board-certified bariatric surgeons.
A Complete Medical Tourism Experience Abroad!
- We provide you with high user-value information on having surgery in the destination of your choice.
- We coordinate between you and your bariatric surgeon abroad.
- We assist in the entire process.
- We make arrangements for stay and local transfers.
- We also arrange for video calls with the surgeon if desired.
FAQS for Bariatric Surgery Cost Abroad
Should I go abroad for bariatric surgery?
Yes, you should opt for bariatric surgery abroad because you can get quality work done at affordable prices.
For instance, A gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico will cost you around $4,400 and 3,250 in Turkey. The same procedure will cost you around $27,000 in the US. you can save up to 83% to 87% on costs.
Gastric bypass surgery in the US costs around $25,000 and you can get the same procedure done in Mexico for $5,490 and for 2,150 in Turkey you end up saving up to 80% to 90%.
Bariatric Surgery Cost Abroad: Reviews and Testimonials
Check out a client from Washington who chose to have gastric bypass in Tijuana.
Another client, Terinda, came down from Washington state to Mexico for surgery.
Marilyn, another client, cited the high price tag in the USA as a deciding factor.
Brian is a New Orleans resident who came down to Mexico for bariatric surgery primarily because of the cost difference.
Adrienne from Lousiana took up the medical tourism route to avoide the high surgery costs back home.
Malia discovered that her insurance won’t cover bariatric surgery. That’s when she got hold of MTC.
Get rid of obesity with low bariatric surgery cost abroad! We at MTC will help you plan your safe medical trip.
Your safety is our priority. Contact our team now to get a FREE quote.
“name”: “Should I go abroad for bariatric surgery?”,
“text”: “Yes, you should opt for bariatric surgery abroad because of its affordability.
For instance, A gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico will cost you around $4,100 and the same procedure costs $27,000 in the US. you can save up to 85% on costs.
Gastric bypass surgery in the US costs around $25,000 and you can get the same procedure done in Mexico for $5,490. you end up saving up to 80%.”