Below is the resume of Dr. Vikas Gupta from India, an expert in Cerebro Vascular, Neuro Endovascular Surgery, Neurointervention & Spine Surgery.
He has contributed in many books including Indian Clinical Neurosurgery.
He holds Degree in Neurosurgery and has many International and National Publications. His Basic medical graduation is from Dayanand Medical college Ludhiana.
Procedures Done by Dr Vikas Gupta:
Vascular Neuro-Surgery, Endo-Vascular Neuro-Surgery, CCSVI (aka Liberation Surgery or Zamboni Procedure).
Dr. Vikas Gupta – CURRICULUM VITAE
|Senior Consultant Neurosurgery|
Neuro Endovascular surgery
Languages spoken: Hindi, English, Punjabi
- After his post doctorate degree in Neurosurgery in 1998 he continued as a Senior Research Associate (pool officer) at G.B Pant Hospital till 2002.
- Subsequently he joined as a Consultant and Head of Neurosurgery at EHRIC Faridabad 2002-2004.
- Since 2004 he is working as Senior Consultant Neurosurgery in India.
- Neurological Society of India.
- Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery.
- Delhi Neurological Association.
- Association of Spinal Surgeons of India.
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
- American Association of Neurology Surgeons.
- American Stroke Council.
- World Stroke Organization.
- Indian Medical Association.
- World Federation of Intervention & Therapeutic Neuroradiology
Education and fellowships:
- Basic medical graduation from Dayanand Medical college Ludhiana, Punjab University Chandigarh in 1987.
- Subsequently continued to do M.S (surgery) from same institution.
- Did post doctorate in Neurosurgery (M.Ch) from G.B. Pant Hospital & MAMC Delhi University New Delhi in 1998.
- After almost 10 years of busy professional work, he took a sabbatical for six months to pursue a fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology at University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland under Prof A Valavanis.
Contribution in Books by Dr Vikas Gupta:
- Singh AK, Gupta V: Techniques of microvascular decompression of trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm. Progress in Clinical Neurosciences, 1999: 95 – 116. Published by Neurological Society of India.
- Singh AK, Gupta V, Saxena A: Technique of anterior microdiscoidectomy for soft disc herniation. Indian Clinical Neurosurgery 2000; 94-101. CBS Publishers, New Delhi .
- Kumar S, Gupta V, Goyal A: Trans-cervical exposure of upper cervical spine. Indian Clinical Neurosurgery 2000; 217-225. CBS Publishers, New Delhi.
- Singh AK, Gupta V, Dua V: Planning and executing a classical approach to supratentorial gliomas: Indian Clinical Neurosurgery Vol II 2002; 97-107. CBS Publishers, New Delhi.
- Singh AK, Gupta V, Sinha S: Reoperation for recurrent gliomas rationale and techniques. Indian Clinical Neurosurgery Vol II 2002; 466-475. CBS Publishers, New Delhi.
- Singh AK, Singh D, Gupta V: Transoral odontoidectomy – experience at G. B. Pant Hospital. CVJ anomalies – an Indian experience. Published by SGPGI, Lucknow 1997 , 46 – 48 .
- Gupta V, Singh D, Singh AK: Anterolateral transcervical approach to CVJ. CVJ anomalies – an Indian experience. Published by SGPGI, Lucknow 1997, 87 – 91.
- Singh AK, Gupta V, Saxena A. Meningiomas of the cerebellopontine angle. Microsurgery of Infratentorial Lesions. Published by V.H.S. Hospital, Madras 20 – 26.
- Singh AK, Gupta V, Saxena A: Supracerebellar approach to posterior 3rd ventricular tumour. Microsurgery of Infratentorial Lesions. Published by V.H.S. Hospital, Madras 27 – 32.
Research and Publications
- M Abraham, M Wadhawan, V Gupta, A.K Singh: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in the Lateral Position: Is It Feasible during Pediatric Intracranial Surgery? Anesthesiology 2009; 110:1185–6.
- Gupta V, Goyal A, Sinha S, Singh AK, Tatke M, Kumar S, Singh D, Sachdeva PK: Glioblastoma of the cerebellum: a report of three cases.Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences 2003;47(3)157-64.
- Goyal A, Singh AK, Sinha S, Tatke M, Singh D, Gupta V: Simultaneous occurrence of meningioma and glioma in brain: report of two cases. Journal of Clinical Neurosciences 2003 Mar;10(2):252-4
- Sinha S, Singh AK, Gupta V, Singh D, Takayasu M, Yoshida J: Surgical management and outcome of tuberculous atlantoaxial dislocation: a 15-year experience. Neurosurgery 2003 Feb;52(2):331-8; discussion 338-9
- Goyal A, Singh AK, Singh D, Gupta V, Tatke M, Sinha S, Kumar S: Intramedullary arachnoid cyst – a case report. Journal of Neurosurgery (Spine) 2002;96:104-106.
- Goyal A, Singh AK, Gupta V, Tatke M: Spinal epidural cavernous haemangioma – a case report and review of literature. Spinal Cord2002;40(4):200-202
- Goyal A, Singh AK, Gupta V, Singh D, Tatke M, Kumar S: Suprasellar cystic meningioma: unusual presentation and review of the literature. Journal of Clinical Neurosciences 2002 Nov;9(6):702-4
- Suri V, Tatke M, Kumar S, Gupta V: Amyloidoma of thoracic spine; a report of one case. Journal of Neurosurgery (Spine) 2001;94:299-301.
- Tatke M, Singh A.K, Gupta V: Calcifying pseudoneoplasm of the central nervous system. British Journal of Neurosurgery 2001;15(6) :521-523.
- Gupta V, Sinha S, Singh A.K., Tatke M, Kumar S, Singh D: Thalamic epidermoid tumor cyst. Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences 2000; 44(1):42-45.
- Gupta V, Sinha S, Singh AK, Kumar S, Singh D: Growing Skull Fracture of Ethmoid: Delayed sequelae of head injury in adults: A report of two cases. Journal of Cranio Facio Maxillary Surgery2000; 28(4):224-228.
- Goyal A, Singh AK, Kumar S, Gupta V, Singh D: Subdural hemorrhage associated with falcine meningioma. Neurology India 2003;51:419-421.
- Singh D, Gupta V, Singh AK, Sinha S, Kumar S, Goyal A, Singh H: Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in congenital obstructive hydrocephalus. Neurology India 2003;51:39-42.
- Gupta V, Kumar S, Singh AK, Tatke M: Glossopharyngeal schwannoma: a case report and review of literature. Neurology India2002;50(2):190-193.
- Gupta V, Singh AK, Kumar S, Sinha S: Familial trigeminal neuralgia.Neurology India 2002;50(1):87-89.
- Gupta V, Singh D, Tatke M, Singh AK, Sinha S, Kumar S: An oligo astrocytoma with widespread calcification along axonal fibres. Neurology India 2001;49(2):174-177.
- Gupta V, Kumar S, Tatke M, Singh AK, Sinha S, Singh D: Disappearing medulloblastoma: the ghost tumor. Neurology India2001; 49(3):291-294.
- Gupta V, Singh AK, Sinha S, Kumar S, Singh D: Outcome of microvascular decompression for hemifacial spasm. Indian Journal of Otology 2001; 6:9-11.
- Singh D, Gupta V, Sinha S, Singh AK: Evolution of Otogenic brain abscess and management protocol. Indian Paediatrics2001;38(2):169-173.
- Singh D, Dua R, Gupta V, Singh AK, Sinha S, Kumar S: Syndrome of vertigo – Neurosurgical options. Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Otology in 2001.
- Singh AK, Gupta V: Hemifacial spasm – a review. Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Otology in 2001.
- Gupta V, Singh D, Sinha S, Singh AK, Kumar S, Sachdeva PK: Spinal tuberculosis – a review. Paediatrics Today 2000; 3:115 – 120.
- Singh D, Gupta V, Sachdeva PK, Goyal A, Sinha S, Singh AK: Central nervous system tuberculosis. Paediatrics Today 2000; 3:121 – 126.
- Dua R, Singh D, Sinha S, Sharma A, Kumar S, Gupta V: Cerebellopontine angle epidermoids – a clinical experience. Indian journal of Otology 2001; 6:21-24.
- Gupta V, Singh K, Singh K P: USG, CT Scan guided percutaneous catheter drainage of abdominal abscess. Surg. Jr. of North India1991;7:6-13, 1991.
Submit free quote request on the right for considering Neurosurgery treatment like CCSVI or Liberation Procedure by Dr. Vikas Gupta and other world class doctors.