Dr. Vijay Kher
MD, OM, FAMS, FRCPE – India
Dr. Vijay Kher has more than 25 years of experience in the field of Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine. Dr. Kher is a Doctorate in Medicine (DM – Nephrology) and he is recognized nationally and internationally as an expert in the field of Nephrology & Transplant Medicine. His area of expertise and special interest includes:
- Prevention & attenuation of progression of chronic kidney disease
- Kidney transplantation improving outcomes
- Hepatitis and Kidney disease
- One of the first physicians to practice the concept of pre-emptive kidney transplantation in India
- More than 1500 transplants for global patients.
- One of the top transplant physicians in Asia.
- Published 70 international & 60 national publications
- Authored more than 20 text book chapters.
- Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Fellow Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Member of expert panel to select faculty at various prestigious national medical institutes
- Diplomate National Board Examiner for more than 15 years.