Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo – Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo is an established Gastrointestinal Surgeon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He is a certified Metabolic Disorders and Obesity Surgeon.
With training in laparoscopic and obesity surgery, Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo has over 15 years of experience, specializing in general surgery and gastrointestinal surgery.
He has performed thousands of successful surgical procedures with high safety standards, medical quality, and human sense.
- Surgeon and Obstetrician degree at School of Medicine, University of Guadalajara, Center for Health Sciences, Mexico
- Specialty in General Surgery at Dr. Juan I Menchaca Civil Hospital, University of Guadalajara, Mexico
- Advanced Course in Obesity Surgery and Metabolic diseases at the IRCAD Laparoscopic Training Center, Strasbourg, France
- Diploma in Surgical and Multidisciplinary Management of Obesity from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Advanced training in laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and renal transplant.
Dr. Sergio is bilingual in Spanish and English, and TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) certified.
- Mexican Association of General Surgery (AMCG)
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
- Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (CMCOEM)
- International Federation of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo with His Team
- Surgical team member at Mexico’s Social Security Institute, 2007 – 2015
- Professor of Gastroenterology at the University Center of the Coast, 2010
- Staff member at San Javier Hospital Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta, 2007-2016
- Staff member at Hospital CMQ Premiere Puerto Vallarta
Dr. Sergio regularly attends national and international medical symposia and updates courses to keep abreast of the latest developments.