Dr. Nevzat Selim Gokay – Orthopedic Surgeon in Istanbul Turkey
Dr. Nevzat Selim Gokay is one of the best Orthopedics and Traumatology specialist in Istanbul, Turkey. He is certified by the European Board of Orthopedics & Traumatology (EBOT), Spain.
Prof. Dr. Nevzat has a high specialty in joint replacement surgery, sports surgery, and cartilage regenerative modalities. He has spent most of his career in Istanbul Esenyurt University on regenerative cartilage and bone research projects.
Don’t let your health happen. It is important to us that you feel healthy, happy, and beautiful. We regularly follow scientific and technological developments, research, ask, discuss and learn.
-Dr. Nevzat Selim Gokay
- Graduate from the faculty of medicine, Cerrahpasa University Istanbul, 2000.
- Orthopedics and Traumatology specialization training, Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa faculty of medicine, 2005.
Hystopathologic and Radiologic Evaluation of The Patellar Tendon after High Tibial Osteotomy.
Dr. Nevzat has received several trainings in robotic joint surgery in the USA. His clinical interests include Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Sports Medicine, Knee and Hip Joint Surgery, Basic Science, Robotic Joint Surgery.
Dr. Nevzat in Action
- Turkish Arthroplasty Association
- Turkish Medical Association (TTB)
- Turkish Pediatric Orthopedic Association
- International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS)
- Turkish Sports Injuries and Knee Surgery Association (TUSYAD)
- Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBID)
- Specialist, Orthopaedics and Traumatology Department of Sarikamis Military Hospital, Turkey (2005-06)
- Specialist, Orthopaedics and Traumatology Department of Memorial Hospital, Turkey (2006-08)
- Worked in a fellowship program at Orthopedic clinic of the Hannover Medical School, Germany (2008)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology,Namik Kemal University School of Medicine, Turkey (2008-13)
- Associate Professor, Esenyurt University and Private Esencan Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey (2014-16)
- Associate Professor, Esenyurt University, Nisantasi Doctors Center and Private Esencan Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey (2016-17)
- Associate Professor, Istanbul Esenyurt University, Nisantasi Doctors Center and Istinye University Liv Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey (2017-18)
- Associate Professor, Istanbul Esenyurt University, Nisantasi Doctors Center Orthorom Clinics, Istanbul, Turkey (2018-19)
- Professor, Istanbul Esenyurt University, Fulya Academy, Orthorom Clinics, Istanbul, Turkey (2019-present)
- Dervis Manizade Days Research Award, 2004. Topic: The coracoacromial ligament: The morphology and relation with rotator cuff pathology.
- Akif Sakir Sakar, Research award, 2006. Topic: Treatment of intertrochanteric femur fractures in elderly patients: internal fixation or hemiarthroplasty.
- Best poster presentation – Congress of Turkish Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2012 Topic: The effect of physical treatment on Masif retracted rotator cuff tears.
- Best oral presentation award – Orthopedics & Traumatology Istanbul Meeting, Topic: The ideal timing of siRNA plasmid transfection in Primer Chondrocyte Culture.
- Best Oral Presentation award – Orthopedics & Traumatology Istanbul Meeting, 2012. Topic: Is Nitric Oxide Synthase Chondroprotective on Cartilage Injury Mechanism?
- Best Oral Presentation award – Orthopedics & Traumatology Istanbul Meeting, 2012 Topic: A comparison of the effects of neuronal oxide synthase and inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition on cartilage damage.
- Veli Lök Encouragement Award (2012), Turkish Sports Injuries, Arthroscopy and Knee Surgery Congress. Topic: What is the effect of PLGA based biodegradable composites on primer osteoblast culture?
Scientific Interests and Research projects
Dr. Nevzat is interested in researches on new regenerative cartilage treatment modalities and mechanisms of injury.
- The diffusion of nimesulide gel into synovial fluid: A comparison between administration routes. Int J Clin Pharmacol 2006;44(6):270-5.
- The coracoacromial ligament: morphology and relation to rotator cuff pathology. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2008; 17(1):182-8.
- Comparison of Different Posterior Instrumentation Systems in Scheuermann’s Disease. WScJ. 2010; 2: 66-70.
- The Role of Video-Assisted Thoracoscopy in Scoliosis Treatment. WScJ. 2011; 2: 1-6.
- Sonographically guided corticosteroid injection for treatment of plantar fasciosis. J Ultrasound Med. 2011;30(4):509-15.
- Anxiety And Trauma Perception And Quality Of Life In Patients Who Have Undergone Replantation. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2011;27(8):475-80.
- The Role Of Debridement And Reconstruction Of Sagittal Balance In Tuberculous Spondylitis. Indian J Orthop. 2012 Mar;46(2):145-9.
- Spinopelvik parameters of Turkish Population: A study which may help on treatment planning conducted on 120 healthy individuals. Turkiye Klinikleri J Med Sci. 2012;32(3):460-7.
- Subcutaneous anterıor transposıtıon of the ulnar nerve in cubıtal tunnel syndrome. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2012;46(4):243-9.
- Synergistic effect of TGF-beta 1 and BMP-7 on chondrogenesis and extracellular matrix synthesis: an in vitro study. Open Orthop J. 2012;6:406-13.
- The clinical and radiological outcome of the growing rod technique in the management of scoliosis in young children. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2012;46(5):379-384
- A Novel Designed Chitosan Based Hydrogel Which Is Capable Of Consecutively Controlled Release Of TGF-Beta 1 And BMP–7. Turkiye Klinikleri J Med Sci. 2013;33(1):18-32.
- How Different Methodologies of Harvesting and Analysing the Samples Affect the Test Results in Determining Joint Mediators. Arthritis Volume 2013, Article ID 631959, 7pages.
- Patella infera or patellar tendon adherence after high tibial osteotomy. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014 Jul;22(7):1591-8.
- The effects of insulin, human transferrin, and selenous acid on chondrocytes in cell culture media. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014;48(3):313-9.
- A Comparison of the effects of neuronal nitric oxide synthase and inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition on cartilage damage. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:7857345.
- Tunnel Enlargement after ACL Reconstructions. In; Editor: Yeager CR. Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL): Causes of Injury, Adverse Effects, and Treatment Options. Nova Science Publishers. USA;2010. ISBN: 978-1-60876-993-3
- Planning of Arthroplasty in Dysplastic Hips. In; Editor: Fokter SK. Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Intech Publisher. Croatia;2012. ISBN: 978-953-307-841-0
- Effects of Advancement on Biomechanics and Biology on Active Performance. In; Editor: Doral MN, Karlsson J. Sports Injuries: Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Rehabilitation. Springer. 2015
- Is topically applied nimesulide effective in Gonarthrosis? 7th Congress of the European Association for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics June 25-29,2005. Ponzan, Poland. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Abstract book 2005;97(1):97.
- Is It Possible To Increase The Osteoblastic Activity By Using Plga Composites That Are Produced By Calcium Phosphate Dibasic? 2nd International Conference on Tissue Science & Regenerative Medicine August 26-28, 2013. Raleigh-NC, USA.
- Synergistic Effect Of TGF-Β1 and BMP–7 On Chondrogenesis And Extracellular Matrix Synthesis. 2nd International Conference on Tissue Science & Regenerative Medicine August 26-28, 2013. Raleigh-NC, USA.
- The ideal Timing of siRNA Plasmid transfection on Primer Chondrocyte Cultures. 2nd International Conference on Tissue Science & Regenerative Medicine August 26-28, 2013. Raleigh-NC, USA.
- A Comparison Of The Effects Of Neuronal Oxide Synthase And Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibition On Cartilage Damage. 11th World Congress of International Cartilage Repair Society September 15-18, 2013. Izmir, Turkey.
- The ideal Timing of siRNA Plasmid transfection on Primer Chondrocyte Cultures. 11th World Congress of International Cartilage Repair Society September 15-18, 2013. Izmir, Turkey.
- Learning Curve in Modified Ganz periasetabuler osteotomy European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society 2004 – Geneva 23rd meeting, 31 March- 3 April 2004. Geneva, Switzerland. Conference Book. 145.
- The efficacy and safety of nimesulid gel (Sulidin®) in gonarthrosis: a pilot study. 8th World Conference on Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 1-6 August 2004. Brisbane, Australia. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 2004;31(1): A67.
- The presence of Nimesulide in synovial fluid: A comparison between Administration Routes. 7th Congress of the European Association for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics June 25-29,2005. Ponzan, Poland. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Abstract book 2005;97(1):98.
- The Coracoacromial Ligament: The Morphology and Relation to Rotator Cuff Pathology. 21th Congress of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC-ESSSE) 17-20 September 2008. Brugge, Belgium. Abstracts. 205.
- Posterior Hibrid Enstrümantasyon Ve Füzyon Sonuçlarımız. Uluslararası Türk Omurga Kongresi, 27-30 Nisan 2011. İstanbul, Türkiye.
- The Comparison of TGF-β1 and BMP-7 Considering Collagen Synthesis. 12 th EFFORT Congress, 1-4 June 2011. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Consecutively controlled release of TGF-Beta 1 and BMP–7 for synergistic growth of chondrocyte culture. European Biotechnology Congress 2011, September 28-October 1. Istanbul, Turkey. Current Opinion in Biotechnology. 2011;(225):108.
- Synergıstıc Effect Of TGF-Β1 And BMP–7 On Chondrogenesıs And Extracellular Matrıx Synthesıs. 11th World Congress of International Cartilage Repair Society September 15-18, 2013. Izmir, Turkey.
- Effect Of The Place And Way Of Analysis Of The Sample Which Is Taken In The Determination Of The Joint Mediators On The Results. 2013 ICRS Focus Meeting; Stem Cells and Scaffolds: a New Frontier for Joint Regeneration. December 5-6, 2013. Bologna, Italy.
- Does insulin, transferrin and selenous acid effect chondrocyte proliferation? 2013 ICRS Focus Meeting; Stem Cells and Scaffolds: a New Frontier for Joint Regeneration. December 5-6, 2013. Bologna, Italy.
- The risk factors and the quality of life in children with scoliosis: A Case Report. 31st European Academy of Childhood Disability Conference. May 23-25, 2019. Paris, France.
- TOTBID granted project “The affect of nitric oxide syntase inhibitors on Matrix Metalloprotease levels and cartilage histopathology in an experimental cartilage injury model, in-vivo study” 2010-2012
- Namik Kemal University granted project “Synergistic Effect of TGF-β1 And BMP-7 released from a novel chitosan based hydrogel, on Chondrogenesis and Extracellular Matrix Synthesis: An In Vitro Study” 2010-2012
- KOSGEB granted project “The development of a novel biodegradable implant Poly (DL-Lactide-co-glycolide) in the treatment of fractures” 2012