MBBS,MS,FRCS, FRCS, DMLE, DMIR
Dr. Nanda Rajaneesh, Bariatric surgeon from India, has special training in laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery. She has worked in the Department of Vascular Surgery as a consultant vascular surgeon, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore and has also completed basic and advanced course in the colorectal surgery.
Areas of Expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Advanced)
- Gastro Intestinal Onco Surgery
- Breast Diseases
- Colorectal Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
Training and Work Experience
September 2009 to date
Vice-President Medical Services Nova Medical Centers Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore
August 1, 2008 to September 2009
Associate Professor Department of General Surgery St. John’s Medical College Hospital Bangalore
July 1st 2004 to 31st July 2008
Assistant Professor Department of General Surgery St. John’s Medical College Hospital Bangalore.
1st September 2003 – 31st June 2004 Lecturer
Department of General Surgery St. John’s Medical College Hospital Bangalore.
1st March 2003 – 30th August 2003
Trainee in GI Surgical Oncology Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
15th March 2002 – 28th Feb.03
Lecturer Department of General Surgery St. John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore
October 2000 to 15th March 2002
Registrar Department of General Surgery, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
May 2000 – August 2000
Registrar Department of General Surgery Mallaya Hospital, Bangalore.
- Worked in Department of Vascular Surgery under Dr. N K. Bhagvan, Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore for five months.
- Training in Laparoscopic Surgery at A.V. Hospital, Bangalore.
- Training in Laparoscopic Surgery Ethicon Institute Bombay August 2003.
- Training in Laparoscopic Suturing Ethicon Institute Bombay.
- Basic Training in Microvascular Surgery Ethicon Institute Bombay 17th August to 21st August 2003.
- Training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Coimbatore from 1st July to 7th July 2004.
- Gender Mainstreaming for Medical Educators (WHO programme) held at Travendrum from 25th October to 7th November
- I represented St. John’s Medical College. This programme dealt with Gender issues influencing the health system and medical education.
- Basic and advanced course in colorectal surgery
- Actively participated in surgical programmes at University of Hospital Heidelberg, Germany (Pancreatic Cancer Referral Centre) 13th April 2005 to 26th June 2005.
- Trained in laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Visited hepatic cancer unit with professor Belgitti in Paris
Academics and Achievements
Publications in the Index Journal
- Pancreatic Anastomoses after Pancreaticoduodenectomy: Do we need further studies? Shrikhande SV, Qureshi SS, Rajneesh N, Shukla PJ. World J Surg. 2005 Nov 26;
- “Pseudo-aneurysm of Carotid Artery – rare case report N. K. Bhagvan, Srikanth, Rajneesh N. AJV 2001 , April
- Special Case presentation of stapled haemorrhoidectomy in Hemophelic patient. Novus June 2006 vol.1.
- Role of Lone star retrctor in Anal Surgery. Indian Journal of Colon and rectal surgery June 2007. Dr Sharad Karandikar, Dr Nanda Rajaneesh
- Role of Anoscope for low rectal tumours, Dr Nanda Rajaneesh, Dr Jacob, Dr Antony Rozario. Indian Journal of Colon and Rectal Surgery Sept 2007.
- Presentation of GIST Tumours in emergency setting in General Surgical set up – Surgical Oncology 2008.
- Presentation of Colonic Emergencies – Surgical Oncology 2008
Working On Following For Publications
- Our experience in Laparoscopic hydatid cyst drainage and management of biliary leak.
- Case Report – Strongaloids stercoralis causing colonic strictures.
- Experience in laparoscopic surgery as a beginner Mishaps complications and management.
- Gender bias influencing the surgical patients.
- Case Report – Blunt Injury Abdomen with Mesenteric Tear Presenting Acutely as Intestinal Obstruction.
- Prospective Study on Acute Cholecystitis with Emphyema Gall Bladder
- Case Report – HIV presenting as Colonic Ulcers and Sigmoid Perforation.
- Prospective Study on Intestinal malrotation atypical and delayed presentation.
- My experience with first 100 case of minimally invasive haemorroidectomy.
- Role of spiral CT scan in lower G I bleeding
- My experience with laparoscopic splenectomy
- Post graduate thesis work – Study on benign breast disease. This was Hospital based prospective study done for 18 months was accepted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science. For the award of M.S. Degree in General Surgery September 2000.
- Nutritional Assessment in Critically ill patients.
- Prospective study of open versus stapled haemorrhoidectomy.
- Attended workshop on research ethics at Harvard University, Boston in June 2007
- ICMR breast cancer trial. Research coordinator
- Completed 6 months training in molecular science at St John’s Research Centre.
- Completed 4 clinical trials as principal investigator.
- Involved in 2 ongoing clinical trials.
- To deliver lecture at Kodaikanel in Colorectal Conference April 2006.
- Role of genetics in colorectal disease
- Role of immunology in colorectal disease
- Local faculty at AMSICON South Zone July 2006
- To deliver lecture at Pune in August 2006 on role of surgery in lower g.I. bleeding.
- Invited for a review meeting for Gender in Medical Education at Trivandram, January 16th to 18th.
- Invited to deliver lecture at Ahmedabad on 13th September 2007 Anal incontinence surgery and Rectovaginal fistula.
- Invited faculty to speak on MANAGEMENT OF RECTAL PROLAPSE Mangalore Nov 2007
- Demonstrated my method of port entry at BEST conference Nov 2007
- Invited faculty at ASICON 2007 Bhuvaneswar to be part of symposium on fissure management and chaied session on role of laproscopy in colorectal surgery.
- Organized Basic colorectal conference
- Invited faculty at Mumbai in advanced colorectal conference to speak on role of laparoscopic surgery in colorectal cancers. September 2008.
- Technical skills in laparoscopic splenectomy at AMASI skill course at Cochin, January 2009.
- Invited faculty in State conference feb 2009
Text Book chapters Text Book of Colo rectal surgery
- Role of genetics in colorectal disease
- Role of immunology in colorectal disease
Paper presentation (National level)
- Management of DVT, Comparison study of LMWH and Heparin ASI, Karnataka, February 2001 Mahadevan’s Award paper.
- Classification of “Varicose Veins” ASI Karnataka
- Poster presentation “Pseudo-aneurysm – Carotid Artery” ASI, Bangalore, March 2001.
- Oesophagectomy – Four year experience ASI, Karnataka February 2003 Mahadevan award paper (Mysore).
- Our experience in Laparoscopic hydatid cyst drainage and Management of biliary leak. February 2004 Mahadevan award Paper (Karnataka, Bangalore).
- Audit of Laproscopic Surgery BEST conference Bangalore
Paper presentation (International level)
- Review Literature Pancreatico gastrostomy versus pancreaticojejunostomy (2003 August IHPB Conference, Madras)
- Our experience in Laparoscopic hydatid cyst drainage and Management of biliary leak, Pune Gastro Award Paper (2005 October) Asian International
- College of Surgeons Conference, Mumbai.
- My experience with stappeld Haemarroidectomy Inernational collage of surgeons Goa 2005 October.
- Presentation of GIST Tumours in emergency setting in General Surgical set up at Gastrointestinal conference Barcelona.
- Hifenac-(P) Surveillance Study Phase IV in Surgery
- Breast cancer study by ICMR at St. John’s Medical College
- SAVE-ONCO A multinational, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of AVE5026 in the prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in cancer patients at high risk for VTE and who are undergoing chemotherapy. ( Protocol # EFC 6521)
- Numoda NXL 104/2002 A Prospective, Multicenter, Double- blind, Randomized, Comparative Study to estimate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of NXL 104 / ceftazidime plus metronidazole vs meropenem in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) in hospitalized adults.
- Compound: AVE 5026 A Multinational, Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind Study comparing the Efficacy and Safety of AVE 5026 with enoxaparin for the Prevention of Venous thromboembolism in patients Undergoing Major abdominal Surgery.
CONFERENCES ATTENDED (NATIONAL)
- ASI conference December 1998, Bangalore
- ICS Conference 1999, Mysore
- ASI Karnataka February 2001, February 2002, February 2003.
- Workshop in Laparoscopic Surgery, Manipal Hospital, June 2002, Bangalore.
- Evidence Based Management February 2003, TMH, Mumbai
- Workshop on anorectal disease, March 2003 TMH, Mumbai
- Role of MIS in Oncology, april 2003, Mumbai.
- Colorectal Surgery Conference, 2005 September, Lakhanow
CONFERENCES ATTENDED (INTERNATIONAL)
- Master Class in HPB August 26, 2003 TMH Mumbai
- International HPB Conference 28th August to 30th August 2003 Madras.
- International Conference on esophageal cancer 12th March 2004 Kochin.
- International Conference on colorectal surgery 7th to 12th September 2004 Mumbai.
- International conference meditech Bangalore.
- European IHPBA Conference, May 2005 Heidelberg, Germany.
- International college of Surgeons Conference October 2005, Mumbai.
- IAGS international Conference February 2006, Bangalore.
- International Conference on Piles Management on March 2006, Kochin
- Metabolic Surgery Conference at Goa 2007 Dec
- Faculty in the Board of Ethicon Company
- Vice President of Colon and Rectal Surgoens Association of India.
- Executive Committee member of AMASI (Association of Minimal Invasive Surgeons of India).
- Voice president of colorectal association
- Executive commete member of laproscopy association of INDIA
- Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASICON)
- Member of AMASICON
- Member of IAGS
- Member of Medi Tel India
- Member of Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India
- Member of Karnataka Golf Association
- Member of Kantheerava Club
- Member of pioneer circle
- Faculty in the board of ethicon company
Submit free quote request on the right for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India by Dr. Nanda Rajaneesh and other world class doctors.