Dr. Stamati graduated from the University of Costa Rica with a degree in medicine before he completed a rotary internship at four different hospitals, Hospital San Juan de Dios, Hospital Nacional de Niños, Hospital Calderón Guardia, and the Clínica de Pavas.
Continuing his education, he completed a residency in urology in Costa Rica and then another internship, specializing in urology specifically endourology, percutaneous surgery, and kidney transplants through the Instituto Docente de Urología en Valencia, Venezuela.
Before he began work with CIMA San Jose, Dr. Stamati served as the urological assistant medical specialist at the Hospital Calderón Guardia, the Clínica de Cot, and the Clínica de Tierra Blanca in Cartago, as well as serving on the medical staff for Scheider Centroamérica LTDA.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree – 1998 University of Costa Rica
- Residency Urology – 2003 University of Costa Rica
- Fellowship Endourology, Percutaneous Surgery and Renal Transplant 2003 – Instituto Docente de Urología, Valencia Venezuela
- Urology and Laparoscopic Surgery Tulane School of Medicine
- Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstruction
- Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica #4384
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Intracorporeal Lithotripsy
- Extracorporeal Lithotripsy
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. Massimiliano Mauro Stamati and other world class doctors.