Dr. Mahadev Jatti, an orthopedic surgeon from India, has more than 15 years of surgical experience. He is an expert in complex knee replacements and sports injury. He has taken advanced training from Wrightington England, the mecca of joint replacement surgeries. He has performed over 2000 arthroscopic reconstructions, joint replacements and other major orthopaedic procedures.
Dr.Mahadev Jatti is an expert in the field of Arthroscopy and Arthroplasties
Sports Medicine: Team Doctor of Royal challengers, Bangalore.
B.L.D.E. MEDICAL COLLEGE, JUNE 1986 – MAY 1991 BIJAPUR. INDIA. KARNATAKA UNIVERSITY,
J.J.M. MEDICAL COLLEGE., SEPT 1993 – SEPT 1996 DAVANGERE. KUVEMPU UNIVERSITY, INDIA.
- INDIAN ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION
- INDIAN ARTHROSCOPY SOCIETY
- KARNATAK ORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATION
- BANGALORE ORTHOPEDIC SOCIETY
|NOV 2005- JUN 2006||SPECIALIST REGISTRAR ORTHOPAEDICS
LEIGHTON GENERAL HOSPITAL CREW, U.K
|MAY2005-OCT 2005||SPECIALIST REGISTRAR ORTHOPAEDICS
MACCLESFIELD GENERAL HOSPITAL CHESHIRE, U.K
|DEC 2004– MAY 2005||SPECIALIST REGISTRAR ORTHOPAEDICS
WARRINGTON GENERAL HOSPITAL
|MAY 2004 – OCT 2004||SPECIALIST REGISTRAR ORTHOPAEDICSSOUTHPORT & FORMBY GENERAL HOSPITALS SOUTHPORT, U.K|
|FEB 2004 – APR 2004||SPECIALIST REGISTRAR ORTHOPAEDICS
WRIGHTINGTON HOSPITAL, U.K
|AUG 2003 – FEB 2004||CLINICAL RESEARCH FELLOW
ROYAL LIVERPOOL & BROADGREEN UNIVERSITY, HOSPITALS, LIVERPOOL, U.K
|AUG2002 – JUL 2003||SHO IN ORTOPAEDICS
MACCLESFIELD GENERAL HOSPITAL CHESHIRE, U.K
|FEB 2001 – AUG 2002||SHO IN ORTHOPAEDICS
TAMESIDE GENERAL HOSPITAL ASHTON-U-LYNE, U.K
|1 AUG 1997 – 1 FEB 2000||REGISTRAR IN ORTHOPAEDICS
MANIPAL TEACHING HOSPITAL, BANGALORE, INDIA
|3 MAY – 23 JULY 1997||REGISTRAR IN ORTHOPAEDICS
C.S.I. HOSPITAL, BANGALORE, INDIA
|10 OCT 1996 –30 APR 1997||ASSISTANT SURGEON IN ORTHOPAEDICS
JAYNAGAR ORTHOPAEDIC CENTER,
|21 SEPT 1993 –20 SEPT 1996||POST GRADUATE RESIDENT ORTHOPAEDICS
CHIGATERI GENERAL HOSPITAL & BAPUJI HOSPITAL, DAVANGERE, INDIA.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Trauma: I deal with Orthopaedic referrals from the casualty including major trauma and plan management in line with ATLS guidelines for initial assessment and resuscitation. My training in Neuro-Surgery and Accidents and Emergency has been of benefit, especially in the management of the multiply-injured. I am well-versed in the AO-ASIF principles, techniques and implants for management of fractures. I can independently operate on most common adult and children’s fractures involving the extremities.
Arthroplasty: I routinely assess patients in orthopaedic clinics and plan operative management . I regularly perform primary total hip and knee replacements. When I was at Wrigtington with Mr.P.Kay I performed straight forward revision hip and knee arthroplasties for infection, aseptic loosening, periprosthetic fractures, etc and assisted in the more complicated cases. I have also assisted in shoulder and elbow replacements.
Upper Limb: As a Research fellow at Royal liverpool & Broadgreen Hospitals I was attached to the the Upper Limb Unit headed by Prof S.P.Frostick.. I routinely assess patients in specialist clinics and plan management. I have performed procedures like Shoulder Hemiarthroplasty, Total Elbow Replacement, Arthroscopic surgeries of shoulder and elbow which inlude, Sub-Acromial decompression, Bankarts repair, Cuff repair etc.
Sports Injuries/ Arthroscopy: I can independently perform arthroscopies of the knee including partial menisectomy, synovectomy and ligament reconstruction. I have been exposed to arthroscopy of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and ankle. I am confident in the assessment of patients with sports injuries and understand the principles of management of these conditions.
Foot and Ankle: While I was in Macclesfield I had the opportunity to work with Mr Ratnam who deals with foot and ankle problems coming to the hospital. I attended special teaching clinics tailored to the needs of the trainee. I had extensive exposure to most chronic foot and ankle problems, in addition to trauma. I participated in dedicated elective operating lists, under direct consultant supervision.
As part of routine duties in my unit, I am a guide for DNB candidates both primary and secondary. I conduct regular teaching programmes for them.
A comparison of open and percutaneous techniques in the surgical treatment of tennis elbow.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2004 Jul;86(5):701-4. Dunkow PD, Jatti M, Muddu BN.
Oct 1996 – “A CLINICAL STUDY OF FRACTURE NECK OF FEMUR TREATED
BY BIPOLAR HEMIARTHROPLASTY”. Submitted to the University of Kuvempu as part of MS (Orth).
- Feb 1996 -“BIPOLAR HEMIARTHROPLASTY A PRELIMINARY REPORT”
Presented at annual conference of The Karnataka Orthopaedic Association Hubli, India.
- Oct 2003 – A Prospective Randomised controlled trial: Comparison of Open and
Percutaneous techniques. British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress, Birmingham
- Feb 2002 Audit presented on “STERNOCLAVICULAR JOINT SWELLINGS” at Tameside General Hospital.
- Aug 2003 Audit on “CLINIC ATTENDANCE” is follow up necessary at Tameside General Hospital.
- Pain relief with local anaesthetic infusion into the joint following Arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- Prospective Outcome study of Arthroscopic Bankarts Repair.
- Jun 1996-WORKSHOP ON BASIC ILIZAROV TECHNIQUES AT BANGALORE, INDIA.
- Jun 1998-SEMINAR ON BASIC ARTHROSCOPY HELD AT BANGALORE, INDIA.
- Nov 2000-ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE INDIAN ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION HELD AT JAIPUR, INDIA.
- Sep 2001-Advanced Trauma Life Support, Peterborough. Course Director- Mr. A Cope.
- Oct 2001-Basic Surgical Skills, Manchester Royal Infirmary.Course Director- Mr. M F McCloy
- May 2003 –Biomet HIP AND KNEE ARTHROPLASTY COURSE BIRMINGHAM & LILLE(FRANCE)
- Jul 2003- AO/ASIF PRINCIPLES COURSE FOR SURGEONS, LEEDS
- Oct 2003- British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress, Birmingham
- Oct 2004- British Orthopaedic Association Annual CONGRESS, MANCHESTER
- May 2005 EXETER HIP SYMPOSIUM, LIVERPOOL
Submit free quote request on the right for Arthroscopic Knee Replacement Surgery and other Orthopaedic Surgeries in India by Dr. Mahadev Jatti and other high profile doctors.